Is ''Hold Me Closer'' officially a hit?

I dont listen that much to radio but my bf works in retail and says it’s being played a lot here at the moment and my mum also said she likes it more and more each times she hears it and she listens to the radio alot (and usually doesnt care for B but thats another story) 

her last big radio hit over here was S&S and to lesser extend work ***** (i live in holland btw) so I would say it’s definitely a HIT :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I never listen to radio here here in Spain but they apparently played HMC during the opening of El Hormiguero show a few weeks ago. Thats a massive evening show.

Its nowhere to be found on Spotify’s Spanish charts but then they are really terrible - its just Bad Bunny, Rosalia and loads of mediocre Spanish artists.

I think it can be considered a hit on paper but it has yet to really penetrate the general public IMO.

Comparing to Cold Heart though, i only started to hear that around 4 or 5 months after its release.

This hit ain't finished hitting yet!   Check out these chart moves from around the world this week:

Hold Me Closer Week 7:

#4 Belgium (Wallonia) (+4) (NEW PEAK)
#6 Belgium (Flanders) (-)
#8 Canada (+3)
#9 Iceland (-)
#12 UK (+5)
#13 Australia (+2)
#12 Netherlands (Dutch Top 40) (-)
#16 Ireland (-3)
#20 Switzerland (+16)
#24 New Zealand (+5)
#24 USA (+2)
#26 Global (+18)
#31 Sweden (+14)
#33 Netherlands (Single Top 100) (+7) (NEW PEAK)
#34 Germany (+22)
#34 Norway (+15)
#59 Brazil (+11)
#73 France (+30)
#96 Italy (RE)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.