Do you prefer Bubblegum or Urban Pop?

Do you prefer Bubblegum Pop or Urban Pop?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love it when Popstars go DARK and **** and grown and mature!!! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Think Ariana Grande with 'Thank U Next' and 'Positions' or Britney with 'In the Zone,' 'Blackout,' and some of 'Circus,' 'Femme Fatale' and most of her 2016 hit album 'Glory.' πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…

Rihanna slayed Urban Pop with the 'Talk That Talk,' 'Unapologetic,' 'Anti,' 'Good Girl Gone Bad,' and 'Rated R' eras. Even some of 'Loud' was Urban as well, actually. But her first two albums were very Bubblegum and carefree.Β Β πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…

Lady Gaga tried it with 'Jewels and *****' and a few other songs which I think was hot πŸ”₯

BeyoncΓ©, Katy Perry, Kesha, Madonna, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Bebe Rexha, Kim Petras, JLo, Christina Aguilera and more have had Urban sounds. πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…πŸ’…

I prefer Urban Pop!!! πŸ’‹πŸ”₯πŸ’–

But I know a lot of the LGBTQIA+ love Bubblegum Pop.Β 

What about YOU? πŸ€”

Art Animation GIF by Alastair Gray

• Love 2

I feel like the term bubblegum pop is usually pop music that is often seen as cheesy and can appeal to a younger audience. I often felt bubblegum pop was influenced by Europop as well.

But I feel like the term may be misused to an extent basically to describe any typical pop song that doesn't really have in-depth lyrics. Britney's first two albums definitely had a bubblegum pop sound in some songs.Β 

Whereas urban pop is more or less pop music that's been influenced by R&B and possibly other 'urban' genres such as hip hop, soul etc. but it still overall has a more pop leaning sound.

But I think I prefer bubblegum pop over urban pop, but it's a hard question. They're both good genres imo.

• Like 3

Depends on what your definition bubblegum pop is. If by bubblegum pop, you mean the Cheiron Studios sound and its offspring of the 90s and early 2000s, then bubblegum pop all the way:

Back when European producers and songwriters had a chokehold on Western mainstream pop music.Β :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

@britney fkn spearsΒ @GlitterRainΒ @MissSpearsSaysSoΒ @CrazyButItFeelsAllrightΒ @Prerogative RaveΒ @IslaΒ @agustinmalandraΒ @RebellionSparkles

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Joshyworld said:

Depends on what your definition bubblegum pop is. If by bubblegum pop, you mean the Cheiron Studios sound and its offspring of the 90s and early 2000s, then bubblegum pop all the way:

Back when European producers and songwriters had a chokehold on Western mainstream pop music.Β :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

@britney fkn spearsΒ @GlitterRainΒ @MissSpearsSaysSoΒ @CrazyButItFeelsAllrightΒ @Prerogative RaveΒ @IslaΒ @agustinmalandraΒ @RebellionSparkles

:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block