Taylor Swift Reportedly Turned Down Super Bowl Offer

Zach F

While Taylor would like to perform a halftime show one day, 2023 is not going to be her year.

TMZ reports that Taylor wants to wait until all six of her first albums have been re-recorded before she headlines at the Super Bowl. As you probably know, the halftime show is one of the most coveted performance slots of all time and it's a huge honor to be chosen. Artists who perform at halftime will usually see a major uptick in music sales and streams, so it's likely that Taylor doesn't want to perform her old music until she can make sure others don't profit off her hard work.

Taylor decided to re-record her first six albums after Scooter Braun was part of a group who purchased the rights to her master recordings. He has since sold them and Taylor is re-recording the music to regain ownership of her songs.

TMZ reports that the NFL is "still looking for a female popstar for the big performance."

1 hour ago, etherealcat said:

good. she don't have the hits for it.

Teardrops On My Guitar, Love Story, You Belong With Me, Mine, Back To December, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, I Knew You Were Trouble, Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Look What You Made Me Do, Delicate, Me!, You Need To Calm Down, Cardigan, Willow.... ahem

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block