Do you believe that the state of California was allegedly complicit in the Conservatorship?

• Super Mods

Allegedly. This should be discussed more. 

This went on for over 13 years and they didn’t see any red flags or anything wrong with trafficking a woman?

They didn’t allow her to choose her own lawyer.

They allowed an alcoholic who has zero experience in dealing with conservatorships or finances to be in control of her life. “I am Britney Spears now” 

They are not being strict enough with Team Con and seem to be buying them time. 

What is going on and how does this even happen in the first place? Aren’t they supposed to be helping and fighting justice? :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Also how does a court system allow someone to not be able to fight for themselves or hire their own lawyer? Make it make sense. Why would they choose to make it harder for Britney to get out of the conservatorship?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It’s not just California. Any country that thrives off of capitalism is corrupt and the justice system is no exception. Often times, laws don’t make sense and it isn’t until an outcry, revolution and/or a protest that has the ability to change or alter the justice reform system. Roe v. Wade, the George Floyd incident, mass incarceration, etc. are a few that come to mind. There have been a lot of social justice movements as a result of what the masses may consider corrupt. Also take into consideration that the world was a very different place in 2008 than today. Mental health was more stigmatized and social media was barely in its primitive state where the only way a public figure could control their narrative was through a press conference, TV interview or magazine article; even then, it was filtered. A conservatorship in 2022 for the world’s biggest pop star would have not been brushed under the rug so easily like it was then. Times change. What’s done is done and it’s time to stop dwelling on the past so much. Also by law, Britney had the ability to terminate the conservatorship earlier but according to her testimony, she wasn’t aware which probably goes to show how ****ty of an attorney she had. Then again, most court-appointed attorneys are average at best. What’s more important as of today is that our girl can finally live her life on her own terms without being sucked in by the fame machine (and everyone else who was involved) that controlled her narrative for so long. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
12 minutes ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

It’s not just California. Any country that thrives off of capitalism is corrupt and the justice system is no exception. Often times, laws don’t make sense and it isn’t until a revolution and/or protests that change or alter the justice reform system. Roe v. Wade, George Floyd, mass incarceration, etc. are a few that come to mind. There have been a lot of social justice movements as a result of what the masses may consider corrupt. Also take into consideration that the world was a very different place in 2008 than today. Mental health was more stigmatized and social media was barely in its primitive state. A conservatorship in 2022 for the world’s biggest pop star would have not been brushed under the rug like it was then. Times change. What’s done is done and we should stop dwelling on the past so much. What’s more important is that our girl can finally live her life on her own terms without being sucked in by the machine that controlled her narrative for so long. 

I agree but I also don’t believe that the faults of the ones who were complicit in this should continue to go unnoticed or be brushed off. It’s also not dwelling on the past, it’s trying to hold the ones who were responsible in this happening in the first place. Brushing everything off and forgetting about it will not give Britney the justice that she deserves. The court system was supposed to protect Britney and they failed. In fact, the first judge who was involved in this conservatorship is coincidentally no longer even working I believe. 

Britney may be free but the justice and fight for her is far from over. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I mean, all the Tax-funded public-resource police cars and helicopters for the two 5150s, not to mention Reva Goetz.

Wasn't there even a seminar by Californian judges and lawyers on how to profit off of conservatorships?

In any case, yes California is complicit, and notice how in ALL the documentaries, none of them shed light on how complicit California is. Like there are guilty names in the California state govt.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GlitterRain said:

I agree but I also don’t believe that the faults of the ones who were complicit in this should continue to go unnoticed or be brushed off. It’s also not dwelling on the past, it’s trying to hold the ones who were responsible in this happening in the first place. Brushing everything off and forgetting about it will not give Britney the justice that she deserves. The court system was supposed to protect Britney and they failed. In fact, the first judge who was involved in this conservatorship is coincidentally no longer even working I believe. 

Britney may be free but the justice and fight for her is far from over. 

In many developed countries, particularly under neoliberal governments, corruption is institutionalized and “legalized”. Yes, it would be nice to see the judges like Goetz, or anyone involved by the probate system held accountable but they are protected by what’s known as “qualified immunity”. Even if those complicit are sentenced to fines or arrests, it’s going to take time which is why patience is a fundamental concept for humanity to understand. Look at all the cannabis-related incarcerations in states where ********* is now legal. Recently, the city of LA expunged somewhere around 60,000 convictions but those who were complicit in their arrests aren’t held accountable because of the way the justice system is and was set up. Unfortunately, life is not always going to be fair and as bl**t (no pun intended) as it may seem, the system is often times designed to make us fail. That’s why I can’t stress the concept of being able to move forward. Hannah Arendt, who is one of the most influential philosophers of the 20th century, talks about the importance of forgiveness as essential for human natality, i.e. the ability to start things anew. Only through forgiveness can we release ourselves from past events, no longer letting them determine our (vengeful) actions, by reinstating our freedom to do the truly novel and unexpected. To use a popular quote from Buddhism, “Attachment is the root of all suffering" which can be elaborated upon realizing we attach to moments and ideas just as we do objects. There's more to it and it really revolves around the idea of where these unpleasant feelings come from and how to try and make them go away or live alongside them. Again, what’s most important is that Britney can finally live her life on her own terms without being sucked in or trapped by the machine that controlled her narrative for so long. She’s come a long way and we should be proud of that.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

In many developed countries, particularly under neoliberal governments, corruption is institutionalized and “legalized”. Yes, it would be nice to see the judges like Goetz, or anyone involved by the probate system held accountable but they are protected by what’s known as “qualified immunity”. Even if those complicit are sentenced to fines or arrests, it’s going to take time which is why patience is a fundamental concept for humanity to understand. Look at all the cannabis-related incarcerations in states where ********* is now legal. Recently, the city of LA expunged somewhere around 60,000 convictions but those who were complicit in their arrests aren’t held accountable because of the way the justice system is and was set up. Unfortunately, life is not always going to be fair and as bl**t as it may seem, the system is often times designed to make us fail. That’s why I can’t stress the concept of being able to move forward. Hannah Arendt, who is one of the most influential philosophers of the 20th century, talks about the importance of forgiveness as essential for human natality, i.e. the ability to start things anew. Only through forgiveness can we release ourselves from past events, no longer letting them determine our (vengeful) actions, by reinstating our freedom to do the truly novel and unexpected. To use a popular quote from Buddhism, “Attachment is the root of all suffering" which can be elaborated upon realizing we attach to moments and ideas just as we do objects. There's more to it and it really revolves around the idea of where these unpleasant feelings come from and how to try and make them go away or live alongside them. Again, what’s most important is that Britney can finally live her life on her own terms without being sucked in or trapped by the machine that controlled her narrative for so long. 

Appreciate this respectful response. I do agree that moving forward is important but I just want Britney to get the justice that she deserves also.

• Love 1

I’m sure!

they are corrupt as hell!

I think FBI and other systems as well cause they covered it also.. 

And it’s not a legal crime how some of here posted it’s ILLEGAL!

There are specific criterias to establish conservatorship and Britney wasn’t there even if she would ask for that. Judge by law had to say no to Jamie, Lynn, Lou etc but she established it.. it’s against the California law

Complicit implies they were directly involved, and no, I don't think the GOVERNMENT was directly involved in this. Otherwise Britney would still be getting silenced, if not outright have a hit on her by military assassins.

I do think that the state of California, like every other state and the federal government as a whole, is completely ignorant to all of the loopholes in the legal system that can be exploited to harm individuals like Britney. And I think that many laws, not just the conservatorship laws, need serious reform.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block