Demi Lovato Explains Why She Wants to Stop Touring: ‘I Can’t Do This Anymore’

Z91

6 hours ago, Isla said:

Yeah except people with mental health issues can genuinely struggle with work. But they still go into work as they need the money. 

I’m saying this part of this specific career. Find a job that is conducive with your mental health needs instead of doing a job that you know is going to cause you to suffer. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

I’m saying this part of this specific career. Find a job that is conducive with your mental health needs instead of doing a job that you know is going to cause you to suffer. 

Some people don’t have a choice though. I left my job for mental health reasons and I’m struggling to find another. I imagine others simply stick with it as they’re worried they can’t find work. 

• Love 2

Lol. Tour is flopping. I know, I’ll say it’s my last tour!!! Then I’m 2 years she’ll do another. Another one of her lazy marketing schemes. Cher has done her “farewell tour” how many times? I love Cher, can’t stand Demi, but either way I hate when they use this marketing strategy, we’ll never know when it really is the last. Demi is like what 30? No way this is her last 

16 hours ago, IsraeliMatt said:

That isn't a clear explanation. Touring is for the most part fundamentally unhealthy though. IMO, the ideal is to do several small residencies like Madonna with Madame X. I doubt Demi will be able to fully stop touring though as that is, as far as I know, more lucrative than releasing music. Hard to imagine her continuing to release albums and a label letting her not tour. I guess we'll see. 

Madonna toured with a broken hip, but she knew that the insurance would sue her. Over a bunch of cancelled shows.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.