If "Hold Me Closer" Reaches #1 On The Billboard Hot 100, Britney Will Break Three Music Records, Including One Record Which Britney Will Set

18 hours ago, JMcCoy27 said:

Wouldn’t Cher be on the list?

20 hours ago, SBJ said:

I don't think that's true. Cher got number ones in six (!) decades.

20 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I looked up her charts and it shows she has 4 number ones (3 solo, 1 with Sonny) and they’re from the 70’s and 90’s. 

20 hours ago, Glory* said:

Maybe top 10? 

icon-512x512.png

Cher is a singer, actress, and cultural icon who's stayed relevant for more than 50 years. She got her start in the '60s...

here it only says 4 #1 i think it's true?  I don't know her chart history

11 hours ago, SBJ said:

According to this it's #1s 

cher_a_p.jpg?w=3000

At 64 years old, Cher is still riding high on the Billboard charts, including her latest No. 1, “Haven’t Seen the Last of Me” from ‘Burlesque.’

Ok, let's address Cher. She got 4 number 1's, yes. But they were not in four different decades. "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves", "Half-Breed" and "Dark Lady" all hit #1 in the 1970's. "Believe" hit #1 in the 1990's. That's just two different decades. Even if you expanded it to "I Got You Babe" in the 1960's, that's still only three decades, not four.

Plus, Sonny & Cher is considered a different act from Cher by herself, that's why Destiny's Child doesn't make Beyonce eligible, and why The Beatles doesn't make Paul McCartney eligible, which has elicited some discussion on Twitter.

If Destiny's Child were counted, Beyonce would be included for their 1990's #1's, since she herself got #1's in the 2000's, 2010's and now 2020's.

If The Beatles were counted, even then Paul McCartney wouldn't be included, since he hit #1 in the 1970's and 1980's, and only The Beatles' #1's from the 1960's would be included.

20 hours ago, fays1 said:

The only female right? considering Elton would join too

Elton would join Britney and Mariah in having #1 singles in four different decades. He has #1's in the 1970's, the 1980's and the 1990's.

Only Britney would join Mariah in having #1 singles in four consecutive decades. Elton hasn't had a #1 since the 1990's.

Only Britney would have a unique #1 single in four consecutive decades, since "All I Want For Christmas" is from the 1990's and peaked at #1 in the 2010's and 2020's, being Mariah's only single to do so in either decade (so far, for the 2020's), and since Elton again hasn't peaked at #1 in the 1990's.

Britney would have Baby in the 1990's, Womanizer and 3 in the 2000's, Hold It Against Me and S&M in the 2010's, and hopefully Hold Me Closer in the 2020's. So she would have a unique #1 song in each decade for four consecutive decades. The first artist in history to do so.

18 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

Whitney too

Whitney has 11 #1 songs, but they're all in the 1980's and 1990's. She didn't even crack the top 5 in the 2000's, and posthumous releases in the 2010's didn't even chart, except for one song that peaked at 63. So she's not eligible.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Ok, let's address Cher. She got 4 number 1's, yes. But they were not in four different decades. "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves", "Half-Breed" and "Dark Lady" all hit #1 in the 1970's. "Believe" hit #1 in the 1990's. That's just two different decades. Even if you expanded it to "I Got You Babe" in the 1960's, that's still only three decades, not four.

Plus, Sonny & Cher is considered a different act from Cher by herself, that's why Destiny's Child doesn't make Beyonce eligible, and why The Beatles doesn't make Paul McCartney eligible, which has elicited some discussion on Twitter.

If Destiny's Child were counted, Beyonce would be included for their 1990's #1's, since she herself got #1's in the 2000's, 2010's and now 2020's.

If The Beatles were counted, even then Paul McCartney wouldn't be included, since he hit #1 in the 1970's and 1980's, and only The Beatles' #1's from the 1960's would be included.

Elton would join Britney and Mariah in having #1 singles in four different decades. He has #1's in the 1970's, the 1980's and the 1990's.

Only Britney would join Mariah in having #1 singles in four consecutive decades. Elton hasn't had a #1 since the 1990's.

Only Britney would have a unique #1 single in four consecutive decades, since "All I Want For Christmas" is from the 1990's and peaked at #1 in the 2010's and 2020's, being Mariah's only single to do so in either decade (so far, for the 2020's), and since Elton again hasn't peaked at #1 in the 1990's.

Britney would have Baby in the 1990's, Womanizer and 3 in the 2000's, Hold It Against Me and S&M in the 2010's, and hopefully Hold Me Closer in the 2020's. So she would have a unique #1 song in each decade for four consecutive decades. The first artist in history to do so.

Whitney has 11 #1 songs, but they're all in the 1980's and 1990's. She didn't even crack the top 5 in the 2000's, and posthumous releases in the 2010's didn't even chart, except for one song that peaked at 63. So she's not eligible.

Thank u for this explanation, in fact I did not understand :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

ugh only a gay would spill so much tea while being eloquent in one single post, thank you so much for this!

BRITNEY NEEDS THIS SONG TO BE NUMBER ONE.
Someone go get Beyoncé's number, we need to go learn Payola 101.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Whitney went to #1 in 2001 for her rendition of the star spangled banner following 9/11 

when she died I will always love returned to #1 in 2012. 

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Did you not read the link?

A rarity in the music business — or any entertainment field for that matter — Cher is poised to make history next week when she tops the Billboard Dance Club Song chart with the Diane Warren-penned “Haven’t Seen the Last of Me,” marking the sixth decade in which the iconic singer and actress holds a No. 1 hit. The Golden Globe-nominated song comes from the 2010 film Burlesque, which stars Cher and Christina Aguilera. 

Looking back at Cher’s presence on the Billboard charts, she had three dance hits in the ‘00’s, including “Song For the Lonely,” “A Different Kind of Love Song” and “When The Money’s Gone.”         

In the ’90’s, Cher topped the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and dance chart with “Believe,” one of the best-selling singles of all-time and among the first to use (or some would say, abuse) auto-tune. She had two more  No. 1 club hits that decade with “Strong Enough” and “All or Nothing.”     

In the ’80’s, Cher again had two No.1 A/C hits with “If I Could Turn Back Time” (also written by Diane Warren) and “After All,” a duet with Peter Cetera.   

In the ’70’s, Cher had three hits top the Hot 100 Pop charts: “Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves,” “Half Breed” and “Dark Lady,” as well as the No.1 Sonny and Cher song, “All I Ever Need Is You.”   

And, of course, who could forget the cultural landmark that was “I Got You Babe,” Sonny and Cher’s breakout duet which topped the Billboard Hot 100 in 1965.     

7 minutes ago, SBJ said:

Did you not read the link?

A rarity in the music business — or any entertainment field for that matter — Cher is poised to make history next week when she tops the Billboard Dance Club Song chart with the Diane Warren-penned “Haven’t Seen the Last of Me,” marking the sixth decade in which the iconic singer and actress holds a No. 1 hit. The Golden Globe-nominated song comes from the 2010 film Burlesque, which stars Cher and Christina Aguilera. 

Looking back at Cher’s presence on the Billboard charts, she had three dance hits in the ‘00’s, including “Song For the Lonely,” “A Different Kind of Love Song” and “When The Money’s Gone.”         

In the ’90’s, Cher topped the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and dance chart with “Believe,” one of the best-selling singles of all-time and among the first to use (or some would say, abuse) auto-tune. She had two more  No. 1 club hits that decade with “Strong Enough” and “All or Nothing.”     

In the ’80’s, Cher again had two No.1 A/C hits with “If I Could Turn Back Time” (also written by Diane Warren) and “After All,” a duet with Peter Cetera.   

In the ’70’s, Cher had three hits top the Hot 100 Pop charts: “Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves,” “Half Breed” and “Dark Lady,” as well as the No.1 Sonny and Cher song, “All I Ever Need Is You.”   

And, of course, who could forget the cultural landmark that was “I Got You Babe,” Sonny and Cher’s breakout duet which topped the Billboard Hot 100 in 1965.     

LMAO did you? This article is talking about the BILLBOARD DANCE CLUB SONG CHART. Not the BILLBOARD HOT 100. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

16 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

LMAO did you? This article is talking about the BILLBOARD DANCE CLUB SONG CHART. Not the BILLBOARD HOT 100. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

I suggest you read your post again:

Britney and Eltron will join Mariah Carey as the ONLY artists in history to have #1 songs in the US in four different decades.

Britney will join Mariah as the ONLY artists in history to score #1 songs in the US in four CONSECUTIVE decades.

And Britney will be the ONLY artist in HISTORY to have four UNIQUE #1 songs in the US in four consecutive decades.

Mariah's 2010's #1 and her 2020's #1 are both because of All I Want For Christmas Is You. While also having far too many #1's in the 90's and 2000's to count.

Britney would have Baby in the 90's, Womanizer/3 in the 2000's, HIAM/S&M in the 2010's, and hopefully HMC in the 2020's.

Not once did you specifically mention BILLBOARD HOT 100. You did however mention "ONLY artists in history to have #1 songs in the US in four different decades."  three times.

2 minutes ago, SBJ said:

I suggest you read your post again:

Britney and Eltron will join Mariah Carey as the ONLY artists in history to have #1 songs in the US in four different decades.

Britney will join Mariah as the ONLY artists in history to score #1 songs in the US in four CONSECUTIVE decades.

And Britney will be the ONLY artist in HISTORY to have four UNIQUE #1 songs in the US in four consecutive decades.

Mariah's 2010's #1 and her 2020's #1 are both because of All I Want For Christmas Is You. While also having far too many #1's in the 90's and 2000's to count.

Britney would have Baby in the 90's, Womanizer/3 in the 2000's, HIAM/S&M in the 2010's, and hopefully HMC in the 2020's.

Not once did you specifically mention BILLBOARD HOT 100. You did however mention "ONLY artists in history to have #1 songs in the US in four different decades."  three times.

You really thought you ate that. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: Anyone with a brain and basic reading comprehension could've put two and two together. Not to mention that the BBH100 is the only American chart where Britney has those five specific number one singles. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.