The Official 'Hold Me Closer' iTunes and Spotify charts thread - #1 in iTunes for six consecutive days!

9 minutes ago, Easy There said:

I have a feeling this will be hit in Europe.

And USA won't click with it.

Hence why I want high peak in USA.

Fingers crossed for top 10 debute

I can see it hitting in Europe because a lot of them don't need to understand the lyrics for the song to be a hit. 

In America, I think this song has the "what are they singing?" problem until the first chorus hits in. And then when the second verse starts, all you can understand is "when s** and love no longer gel"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greg Sargent said:

I can see it hitting in Europe because a lot of them don't need to understand the lyrics for the song to be a hit. 

In America, I think this song has the "what are they singing?" problem until the first chorus hits in. And then when the second verse starts, all you can understand is "when s** and love no longer gel"

Hahahhaha screaming

But not necessarily. When there is good production and vocals  they don't care khmmm Ariana Grande

• Like 1
Just now, Easy There said:

Hahahhaha screaming

But not necessarily. When there is good production and vocals  they don't care khmmm Ariana Grande

true w/ the Ariana thing, but at least there, it's one voice with horrible pronunciation so it's decipherable with a little effort.

with HMC, it's two voices with different accents blended together and then pitched and distorted. And the reverb / effects is just crazy on this song. Elton's solo bit on the 1st part of the 2nd verse is still indecipherable even knowing the lyrics.

2 hours ago, Greg Sargent said:

Uhm…don’t wanna disappoint you But most of us europeans are able to understand and speak english 😜

• Haha 3
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.