Britney Spears Oops I Did It Again album VS Destiny Child's Survivor Album

Oops album or Survivor album?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At first glance, these albums may seem completely different BUT if you listen, you can tell that there are similar RnB and Pop elements in each album. It was 2000 and Britney Spears was the first human to ever make it to Mars. Once there, she found a copy of her album and the rest is history. Oops went on to sell over 20 million copies worldwide. It was at an exact moment in time where a specific production style of orchestra hits, layered backing vocals, RnB vocal runs and anthemic choruses with high note climaxes, combined with "tick tick tock tick" 4/4  beats, were all the rage and constantly in the top 10 on the charts. Britney was here to prove that her first album wasn't just a fluke. She pulled all the tricks from her most popular singles and made an album FULL of radio hit material. This is the GOLDEN example of millennium Pop. Next year, it seemed Destiny's Child wanted to capitalize on their Pop music success and release an album that catered to their pop fans a little more. Now that 2 members were out and they were now a 3some with Michelle, it was time to rebrand for the new millennium. Survivor already had a huge hit their "Independent Women Part 1" from the Charlies Angel's soundtrack, so they wanted to move into that Pop direction. It is obvious that they drew inspiration from Millennium brand of pop in their singles. IMO, these are the 2 best Female albums that are examples of the Millennium pop we all loved. Survivor went on to sell over 10 millions copies worldwide. 

Oops tracklist                                         vs                                  Survivor tracklist

1. Oops...I Did It Again                                                                 1. Independent Women Part 1

2. Stronger                                                                                   2. Survivor

3. Don't Go Knocking On My Door                                            3. Bootylicious 

4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction                                                  4. Nasty Girl

5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know                                       5. Fancy

6. What You See (Is What You Get)                                          6. Apple Pie Ala Mode

7. Lucky                                                                                        7. **** Daddy

8. One Kiss From You                                                                 8. Independent Women Part 2

9. Where Are You Now?                                                             9. Happy Face

10. Can't Make You Love Me                                                    10. Emotion

11. When Your Eyes Say It                                                         11. Dangerously In Love

12. Dear Diary                                                                             12. Brown Eyes

13. Girl In The Mirror (Bside)                                                     13. The Story of Beauty

I have so many good memories attached to these albums - which is your favorite? 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Oops tracklist                                         vs                                  Survivor tracklist

1. Oops...I Did It Again                                                                 1. Independent Women Part 1

2. Stronger                                                                                   2. Survivor

3. Don't Go Knocking On My Door                                            3. Bootylicious 

4. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction                                                  4. Nasty Girl

5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know                                       5. Fancy

6. What You See (Is What You Get)                                          6. Apple Pie Ala Mode

7. Lucky                                                                                        7. **** Daddy

8. One Kiss From You                                                                 8. Independent Women Part 2

9. Where Are You Now?                                                             9. Happy Face

10. Can't Make You Love Me                                                    10. Emotion

11. When Your Eyes Say It                                                         11. Dangerously In Love

12. Dear Diary                                                                             12. Brown Eyes

13. Girl In The Mirror (Bside)                                                     13. The Story of Beauty

Oops 8 - Survivor 5

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators

I'm gonna pick Oops not because it's Britney but because it's genuinely one of my favorite albums.

Survivor I never liked, I actually don't care for DC music at all except for Jumpin Jumpin.

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1. Oops...I Did It Again                                                                 1. Independent Women Part 1

5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know                                       5. Fancy

6. What You See (Is What You Get)                                          6. Apple Pie Ala Mode

9. Where Are You Now?                                                             9. Happy Face

12. Dear Diary                                                                             12. Brown Eyes

13. Girl In The Mirror (Bside)                                                     13. The Story of Beauty

I never thought to compare the two albums but now you’ve made me realize that DC aka Beyoncé is musically more superior to Britney! Beyoncé really is THAT bïtch!

spacer.png

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I never thought to compare the two albums but now you’ve made me realize that DC aka Beyoncé is musically more superior to Britney! Beyoncé really is THAT bïtch!

spacer.png

Chyyyyle PLEASE! Don't derail this thread. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:  bahahahahaha  

U like how I use their words?? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Be sure to vote in the poll tho!!! Irresistible is beating Survivor ATM

• Haha 1

Super random comparison. You were better off comparing No Strings Attached and/or Black and Blue considering all three shared common producers, were released under the hit-factory of Max Martin and were also released in 2000. Even comparing Britney (01) or Aaliyah (01) would have made more sense. This forum I swear. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

I actually never heard the whole Survivor album.

Is it good?

Should I listen to it?

It has a lot of disposable tracks and the album drags on like I’m listening to an Xtuna record. Nevertheless, the definitive highlights are the singles (Survivor, Independent Woman), Dangerously in Love (one of the greatest songs of all time) and The Story of Beauty. Everything else is practically a skip. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

5 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

1. Oops...I Did It Again                                                                 1. Independent Women Part 1

5. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know                                       5. Fancy

6. What You See (Is What You Get)                                          6. Apple Pie Ala Mode

9. Where Are You Now?                                                             9. Happy Face

12. Dear Diary                                                                             12. Brown Eyes

13. Girl In The Mirror (Bside)                                                     13. The Story of Beauty

spacer.png

lol you're funny.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Super random comparison. You were better off comparing No Strings Attached and/or Black and Blue considering all three shared common producers, were released under the hit-factory of Max Martin and were also released in 2000. Even comparing Britney (01) or Aaliyah (01) would have made more sense. This forum I swear. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

They were competitor albums and were never really ever compared. Plus I wanted to stick to FEMALE albums. Destiny's Child was more popular than Aaliyah at the time too. You had to be there to understand the comparison. 

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block