Britney shares new dance video: "I know I'm not the best dancer, a lot of people make fun of the way I move but honestly as long as I’m moving and expressing my body outwardly in someway at this point … that’s healing to me !!!"

Her energy and fierceness is like old Brit as far as I’m concerned. Did people forget the Femme Fatale Tour and even parts of Circus where it was clear then and even more now looking back that she was likely highly medicated or completely unmotivated and likely a combination of both and looked like she was sleep walking through her routines.

She now seems like she’s back in her mind and body. Britney is such a fast and aggressive dancer, I’d say even more than Janet Jackson. That’s no shade to Janet, just different execution in the moves.

She just needs a choreographer, and honestly I like her dancing videos and what she comes up with, likely on the fly.

I also like her taste in music and Glory was probably the only album released during the conservatorship where she had some creative input, judging by the fact that she’s dancing to a lot of upbeat foreign language music and Glory had some of that style (Man on the Moon, Coupure Electrique)

• Love 1

I don't think she needs a choreographer, because she's dancing just to dance, not to perform. SHe's not trying to do a routine, just move to the music how her body feels. We should feel lucky that she's sharing this with us instead of trying to pick it apart like they're youtube videos.

• Love 2

Britney is the best dancer in the world! even better than Janet Jackson and Beyonce... That is to say, her videos and tours say it all... Britney is the complete package charisma, innocence, technique, originality, sensuality, the best is her and legendary is the complements that her movements have made with their music, so iconic... But the United States is not ready to discuss this... The world knows it and you have it clear, that's why Britney has been iconic and present forever for 22 years... and you are the best dancer in world.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

No she’s not better than Janet. 

I think a dancer is more than technique and genetics... We haven't seen Janet do something like what Britney did with "Oops" at the 2000 Vmas. Even Janet was so robotic at the 2009 Vmas. Britney is so organic and fluid in 2022 that only needs a choreographer and rehearsal to give us the same as in 2002. Kisses!

• Love 1

Not the BARE with me tho :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Anyways, this post reminds me of that one time Joaquin Phoenix revealed he does break dance in private as a form of self-expression/therapy and one of the Jimmies (I think) put him on the spot and tried to make him dance for the public on TV. 

What I mean to say is that dance is a form of therapy and we shouldn't judge people for practising it as such. Yes, yes, "but she's Britney Spears." Okay, I guess people don't want to see her impromptu instagram dance videos as it "affects her image of a dancer/performer." I get that but I do feel like 1) she doesn't care and 2) Instagram seems like her journal in which she shares personal information.

See, it's not about the image, the package, it's about who she truly is. She was shielded for way too long. Time to bring some realness, like it or not. 

Or at least that's my take on it. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

this broke my heart. the way ppl make it seem as if it was SUPER WEIRD of her to dance and express herself... it's just not fair.

she's been through so much and she doesn't hurt anybody, she's just having fun. PLUS SHE IS THE BEST DANCER OF HER GENERATION BRITNEY NEVER FORGET THAT

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.