Jennifer Lopez uploads performances from the special concert to celebrate her new movie "Marry Me"

PokemonSpears

On 2/11/2022 at 9:30 AM, bas che said:

The amount of people who hate on JLo on this thread...

I wonder if they get warning points like when others hate on gaga

She's literally never done anything bad to anyone and I've never seen her be a terrible diva/person like the media use to portray.

She's never gotten sued for stealing songs (like many of other peoples faves have) because the songs were legally given to her. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

She's never gotten sued for using other artist vocals on her songs, theyve always been credited and paid. Which isnt stealing. (like many of our faves have) :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

She clearly has always worked really hard and has been consistent and she gets attacked more than anyone else for her "lack of talent" Even though most of the blame should be on the shady men who have known shady business practices that have been behind the scenes.  :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Avatar said:

She's literally never done anything bad to anyone and I've never seen her be a terrible diva/person like the media use to portray.

She's never gotten sued for stealing songs (like many of other peoples faves have) because the songs were legally given to her. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

She's never gotten sued for using other artist vocals on her songs, theyve always been credited and paid. Which isnt stealing. (like many of our faves have) :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

She clearly has always worked really hard and has been consistent and she gets attacked more than anyone else for her "lack of talent" Even though most of the blame should be on the shady men who have known shady business practices that have been behind the scenes.  :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Yes, Beyoncé deserves to be condemned but Jennifer is FAR from perfect. She's a woman and not a child, right?! Let's not put all the blame on those shady characters when I'm sure Jennifer has two functioning ears. J. Lo's most popular songs and biggest hits are samples. Her music lacks originality and she clearly lacks musical integrity. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Avatar said:

Word.

i personally enjoy her music. And what people think she lacks in singing she sure as hell makes up for in dancing and big performances.... and movies, and make up, fashion, beauty, perfume and a plethora of other successful ventures. I really can’t think of anyone from the late 90s who’s still relevant across the board. Maybe Pink.... everyone else’s fire burnt out.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, Pfefferminz said:

Yes, Beyoncé deserves to be condemned but Jennifer is FAR from perfect. She's a woman and not a child, right?! Let's not put all the blame on those shady characters when I'm sure Jennifer has two functioning ears. J. Lo's most popular songs and biggest hits are samples. Her music lacks originality and she clearly lacks musical integrity. 

People just like the Mariah feud. It's been proven that the sample for I'm Real was taken because Tommy Mottola knew Mariah was going to release it as her first single and that Jennifers album would be out before hers. That's happen to many other artist, once a sample becomes available there's a race to get it released first. Mariah even admitted that it was record label stuff and she doesnt have a problem with her personally. The shady comments were only amplified during the time when she was bothered the most as Jlo was technically having more success than her during the 2001-2003 years.

And that second video of her "stealing" vocals and "songs" is so stupid because she literally sings lead on all those songs and all the other singers vocals are technically background (chorus is considered background vocals) and they were ALL credited and paid. And none of the songs were stolen because those artist sign ****ty deals and the label gave them to Jlo. There are literally no records of her being sued for anything regarding that. And I'm a bigger Mariah fan than Jlo. I just dont like when people say things that arent true. I wish Mariah would have came out and been more specific about what happen. She did in her book, but still kind of shaded Jlo at the same time.

But I do agree that she was an adult and could have known about SOME of the shady dealings behind the scenes. But honestly she just seems like a pawn in most of it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Avatar said:

People just like the Mariah feud. It's been proven that the sample for I'm Real was taken because Tommy Mottola knew Mariah was going to release it as her first single and that Jennifers album would be out before hers. That's happen to many other artist, once a sample becomes available there's a race to get it released first. Mariah even admitted that it was record label stuff and she doesnt have a problem with her personally. The shady comments were only amplified during the time when she was bothered the most as Jlo was technically having more success than her during the 2001-2003 years.

And that second video of her "stealing" vocals and "songs" is so stupid because she literally sings lead on all those songs and all the other singers vocals are technically background (chorus is considered background vocals) and they were ALL credited and paid. And none of the songs were stolen because those artist sign ****ty deals and the label gave them to Jlo. There are literally no records of her being sued for anything regarding that. And I'm a bigger Mariah fan than Jlo. I just dont like when people say things that arent true. I wish Mariah would have came out and been more specific about what happen. She did in her book, but still kind of shaded Jlo at the same time.

But I do agree that she was an adult and could have known about SOME of the shady dealings behind the scenes. But honestly she just seems like a pawn in most of it.

I'm aware of all of that. I'm a fan of Mariah myself. In fact, she's my favorite female artist. 

I just find it so fascinating that J. Lo's biggest hits/most popular songs are not original. Not even her debut song which originally belonged to Chante Moore. I say this as someone who enjoys her music and performances, I wouldn't want her music catalogue. Her history is shady, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and frankly embarrassing. I feel the same way about Beyoncé. She truly took after her father's thieving ways which is a shame. 

4 minutes ago, Pfefferminz said:

I'm aware of all of that. I'm a fan of Mariah myself. In fact, she's my favorite female artist. 

I just find it so fascinating that J. Lo's biggest hits/most popular songs are not original. Not even her debut song which originally belonged to Chante Moore. I say this as someone who enjoys her music and performances, I wouldn't want her music catalogue. Her history is shady, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and frankly embarrassing. I feel the same way about Beyoncé. She truly took after her father's thieving ways which is a shame. 

Yeah, I've heard all the stories too. Diddy heard Chantes song and said he wanted it and they told him no, and he said make a song just like it. And realistically, even though she was famous at the time, she was still a C List celeb and a new recording artist, there's no way she had the power to make any of those decisions. But she was directly involved with all the major people who could make those decisions and were clearly using her to get back at Mariah.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.