Is Bionic REALLY a flop or was ahead of its time?

Christina Aguilera for Bionic Album photo shoot by Alix Malka (2010) -  Celebs Venue… | Christina aguilera bionic, Christina aguilera beautiful,  Beautiful christina

Christina Aguilera - Bionic Exclusive Black and Grey Splattered Clear –  Vinceron

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6K1drvKtptQ/TPzJzlFjhFI/AAAAAAAAADA/sWdT1KsDst4/s1600/18155-1282256603.jpg

Honestly, Not Myself Tonight and You Lost Me were amazing singles.

Desnudate had a potential to be the 3rd single

Stronger than Ever would have been an amazing closure as a 4th single.

Other stand outs were: Little Dreamer, Glam, Elastic Love, Birds of Prey

Photoshoot was amazing

Amazing Christina Aguilera a.k.a. Madame X - Bionic Photoshoot | Christina  aguilera bionic, Christina aguilera, Christina maría aguilera

HOWEVER, This kunt came in the picture

☕️ on Twitter: "Perez Hilton once posted an upskirt photo of Miley Cyrus on  Twitter when she was a minor. leaked Jennifer Lawrence n*des to his  website. creates media drama between Gaga

https://twtext.com/article/1259655796033495045

Also, don't forget his previous scammy work

☕️ on Twitter: "Perez Hilton once posted an upskirt photo of Miley Cyrus on  Twitter when she was a minor. leaked Jennifer Lawrence n*des to his  website. creates media drama between Gaga

Blackout is a classic and he also called it a flop and tried to do what he succeed in 2010 with Bionic.

I'm bored and listening to Bionic. IT'S NOT BAD. It's cohesive and if it wasn't sabotaged it would fit amazingly in 2010 hits. Therefore, I blame Perez Hilton and his sheeps for ruining this album. Timing was off just because how strong Perezes influence was. If he was irrelevant as he is today, Bionic would have performed just fine with more singles and a tour!

Also, I don't understand the ''flop'' etiquette mostly ATRL took and slapped on the album. Album itself is not a flop. It did perform weak compared to her previous works but Perez was on a (pay)roll to completely ruin it. And he did.

I do think lots of songs like Glam, Desnudate, Primadonna all the ballads are still fresh and deserve one more boost (like #Justiceforbionic back in 2013)

• Love 5

You know that I am a fan so i would tell you the real tea (my tea)...

Musically this album is a mess. It is not even electronic, but experimental with not so much electronic tracks. There's a lot of good tracks on it: most of the ballads, almost every "experimental" track and a few of those commercial tracks, but the over***uality of this album (a vulgar ***uality) just killed this project. We can discuss all day all night about this, but at the end of the day Christina dosen't seems to be intrested to sing songs from this album... She only sings Bionic, NMT and Woohoo + ballads (but not so much) - at the end of the day, she's a soul singler i think that she made that album not being true to herself. She doesn't really feel electro.

For sure the album gave us beautiful and extremly good songs like Birds Of Prey or Elastic Love.

The only "ahead" thing is Sia on the record, because X's presented her to mainstream and that's it. 

For me is still a good album and the 80% of pop girls can suck her tities. And for sure Bionic has a fan culting and people will appreciate the album in years to come... just like Blackout.

I wish that they released "Bionic" song - its so diffrent from any pop tracks still in this day. Killer song.

@boyinthemirror aprietale :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, returcus said:

You know that I am a fan so i would tell you the real tea (my tea)...

Musically this album is a mess. It is not even electronic, but experimental with not so much electronic tracks. There's a lot of good tracks on it: most of the ballads, almost every "experimental" track and a few of those commercial tracks, but the over***uality of this album (a vulgar ***uality) just killed this project. We can discuss all day all night about this, but at the end of the day Christina dosen't seems to be intrested to sing songs from this album... She only sings Bionic, NMT and Woohoo + ballads (but not so much) - at the end of the day, she's a soul singler i think that she made that album not being true to herself. She doesn't really feel electro.

For sure the album gave us beautiful and extremly good songs like Birds Of Prey or Elastic Love.

The only "ahead" thing is Sia on the record, because X's presented her to mainstream and that's it. 

For me is still a good album and the 80% of pop girls can suck her tities. And for sure Bionic has a fan culting and people will appreciate the album in years to come... just like Blackout.

I wish that they released "Bionic" song - its so diffrent from any pop tracks still in this day. Killer song.

The only thing over***ual was some photoshoot stills :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Maybe if she divided the album into 2 parts

Disk 1

Bionic

NMT

Woohoo

El.Love

Glam

I hate boys

Vanity

M.Morning

Bubblehead

Disk 2

All I need

I Am

You Lost Me

Birds of Prey

Little Dreamer

Stronger than ever

I am stripped

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, returcus said:

Brave of you to tag me while saying Bionic is musically a mess.:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I feel like the album is a bit chaotic due to the tracklisting, but every song sounds like part of the same project. Maybe the ballads stand out because they're not as experimental and they have a more traditional formula. But they're classic Xtina, they could fit in any of her albums.

I think she was very inspired in the making of the album and you can feel it. There was so much passion in the lyrics, in her vocal delivery, in her over the top looks and like 70% of the songs are standouts of her career. I do think she's aware of that.

The album didn't work due to soooooo many reasons but none of them were the quality of the music or her looks, homegirl looked like a stunning barbie doll. FIGHT me and quote me if you don't agree. Imma put up a fight

mariah-carey-fight.gif

• Love 1

@boyinthemirror suck my polla :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

But Bionic bcuz of Birds or Elastic it is still in top3 Xtina's album!

Im not a very big fan of ballads of this album - a little too basic. I love deeper and more complicated songs from her like "Hurt", but anyway they are very good.

The thing that i don't like the most about the album are these pop tracks that just ate the promises that she gave (goldfrapp, ladytron [lol ladytron only in deluxe and for itunes bonus]). On the album you can barely find electronica. 

9 minutes ago, returcus said:

@boyinthemirror suck my polla :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

But Bionic bcuz of Birds or Elastic it is still in top3 Xtina's album!

Im not a very big fan of ballads of this album - a little too basic. I love deeper and more complicated songs from her like "Hurt", but anyway they are very good.

The thing that i don't like the most about the album are these pop tracks that just ate the promises that she gave (goldfrapp, ladytron [lol ladytron only in deluxe and for itunes bonus]). On the album you can barely find electronica. 

I wasn't around during the era but apparently there are many rumors about the label f*.cking up Xtina over the creative vision of the album :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: Probably if she had gone full on electronica and indie the Gaga comparisons would have never happened.

Is it true that Not Myself Tonight wasn't intended to be on the album, and one day label guys showed up at night at her home to show her the track and made her make it the lead single? :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised: There are so many myths about this era, I wish I had been a bit older to experience it!

Still, I think the album successfully achieved what it was intended to. In my opinion, none of the stuff she has put out after has topped it. Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, Not Myself Tonight, Woohoo, s** FOR BREAKFAST!!! :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:, Glam, Stronger Than Ever, Little Dreamer, Bionic, Desnudate.... All 10/10 songs. Who's doing it like Madam X? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 3

That's not true. She had the album ready with Glam as a first single (with the same idea to put tribute to Madonna but to Vouge) but before shooting Burlesque. After the movie she felt reinspired and decided to go back to studio - that's how NMT Woohoo and IHB were born. And she decided to include them and that's it. We don't know how much label was pushing for more safe sounding tracks, but for sure she couldnt put everything just like that as she wanted. She wanted Birds Of Prey as a single

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

I wasn't around during the era but apparently there are many rumors about the label f*.cking up Xtina over the creative vision of the album :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: Probably if she had gone full on electronica and indie the Gaga comparisons would have never happened.

Is it true that Not Myself Tonight wasn't intended to be on the album, and one day label guys showed up at night at her home to show her the track and made her make it the lead single? :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised: There are so many myths about this era, I wish I had been a bit older to experience it!

Still, I think the album successfully achieved what it was intended to. In my opinion, none of the stuff she has put out after has topped it. Birds of Prey, Monday Morning, Not Myself Tonight, Woohoo, s** FOR BREAKFAST!!! :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:, Glam, Stronger Than Ever, Little Dreamer, Bionic, Desnudate.... All 10/10 songs. Who's doing it like Madam X? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I heard a story Little Dreamer was about a miscarriage she had. Idk is it true or not. As you said, Bionic era has so many stories about it!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, returcus said:

That's not true. She had the album ready with Glam as a first single (with the same idea to put tribute to Madonna but to Vouge) but before shooting Burlesque. After the movie she felt reinspired and decided to go back to studio - that's how NMT Woohoo and IHB were born. And she decided to include them and that's it. We don't know how much label was pushing for more safe sounding tracks, but for sure she couldnt put everything just like that as she wanted. She wanted Birds Of Prey as a single

Nice to finally have that sorted out :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: I heard somewhere it was post-burlesque too but I forgot it because these other theories seem much more interesting.

1 minute ago, FreeBritBrit said:

I heard a story Little Dreamer was about a miscarriage she had. Idk is it true or not. As you said, Bionic era has so many stories about it!

The lyrics really make you feel like it's about that. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: But she never denied/confirmed or talked about the rumors as far as I know. For its 10th anniversary she did a Q&A on her social media but most of the questions were so stupid. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Nice to finally have that sorted out :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: I heard somewhere it was post-burlesque too but I forgot it because these other theories seem much more interesting.

The lyrics really make you feel like it's about that. :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: But she never denied/confirmed or talked about the rumors as far as I know. For its 10th anniversary she did a Q&A on her social media but most of the questions were so stupid. :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

It's a shame such beautiful song was just a bonus track :(

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

Well I love this album and the photoshoot was a serve.

It is messy but I appreciate it for what it is. 

I like the entire album except for Prima Donna,SFB and Glam.

Fave track Monday Morning.

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Ahead of its time in the sense that Xtina used Sia as a co-writer and booked Nicki for a collab before most other girls jumped on the same bandwagons, but also behind the times when it came to the electro-pop production that Kesha, Britney, Gaga, Katy and Rihanna had already mastered by the time that Bionic came out. It's still a good album though, just not Xtina's best.

• Love 3

I loved the album and never understood the "Christina's ripping off Gaga!" crap that was coming out when she performed Genie 2.0 at that awards show.

I love the twist she did to the classic songs from the KGB album. There's some artists that know how to twist their songs and the remake are on par with the original. Some can't do it. I hate Bryan Ferry ******* with his classic songs by jazzing them up. Maybe I'm wrong saying that. Bryan's in his 70s so turning them into jazz songs might make them easier for him to sing? I just don't like 'em.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.