“Slumber Party” is a pop masterpiece and was absolutely slept on by the general public

19 hours ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

Does anyone else remember how the original audio for the music video was different from the current version AND the Britney solo version. It was like a mix. But then the audio was replaced over the music video with the album collaboration version ft. Tinashe. That's why at the start of the video, the music kind of abruptly starts. It was more of a fade into the music with the background noise / car noise mixed in as the song started  from what I remember with the original audio. Anyone else remember? 

Ugh, I do! and it was superior, imo. Something about the ad libs at the end. I remember downloading it from Youtube as 'Video Version' and I still have it. When they changed it, it proved I wasn't hearing things

• Love 1
  • 10 months later...

One of my best threads. I got chills reading the OP and the influx of all the unanimously agreed replies while the song plays in the background. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: Ahh the pre-GlitterRain Exhale days when making Britney threads was fun. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: But no, it’s amazing how many of us in this thread have had our share of feuds and differences but were able to come together and recognize the excellence of “SP” as a true pop gem. The healing power of Godney.

• Love 3

Ummm gotta disagree. That song should’ve never been a single. She should’ve gone with “liar” or “love me down”. I was surprised that “slumber party” and I can’t think of the name of the song but a line was “blow your mind”. The fans picked the wrong song choices for singles and messed up the era, there I said it 

Just now, Itsme said:

Ummm gotta disagree. That song should’ve never been a single. She should’ve gone with “liar” or “love me down”. I was surprised that “slumber party” and I can’t think of the name of the song but a line was “blow your mind”. The fans picked the wrong song choices for singles and messed up the era, there I said it 

Congrats for being literally the only person to disagree.

• Haha 1

i find the song pretty boring tbh 

my fav glory song is if I'm dancing. unique and original, also meme-material (I remember those brazilian legendary vids with if I'm dancing). 

love me down was another pretty cool one.

make me is an amazing song but it's been killed by its mv and poor management. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Itsme said:

Maybe the only person to disagree but clearly the public didn’t bc the song was not a hit 🤷‍♂️

Did you not read the OP? The rollout was a mess and a d-list non-factor like Tinashe should not have been a feature (no offense to her). Had it been the lead single and actually promoted (with a Rihanna feature), it would have likely cracked the Top 10. Maybe even a #1. The song is excellent and had all the potential in the world to be a mainstream hit in 2016. Not to mention, the general public’s lack of response to a song does not equate to a song’s actual quality.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Itsme said:

Maybe the only person to disagree but clearly the public didn’t bc the song was not a hit 🤷‍♂️

:saywat-towelney: she released slumber party video  literally like a year after… liar or love me down would flop harder then 

slumber party is the most catchy of them all… the gp just does not know about its existence 

Nothing  could have saved glory era maybe a re release (soon after glory flop) with the original concept (cover) with exaholic, mood ring and matches (with a better production and longer) in it 

• Like 1