Selena Gomez - Remembering Why She's Still A Great Artist

• Super Mods

Lately, a lot of people have been disregarding Selena Gomez as talentless and boring, and I'd like to remind you all that this is exactly what people have been doing to Britney ever since her debut as well. Although Selena will never quite reach the heights Britney did, she absolutely left her mark on the pop industry and has some good quality music behind her. 

And I am here to remind you just how much Selena Gomez grew up with us millennials and gen z:

She was one of the first to jump aboard and use dance pop in her music, and it was for her debut single nonetheless:

Then she released this flawless masterpiece of a song. I find this music video to be so aesthetically pleasing even 11 years later :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

And if you say you didn't stan Love you like a love song like the rest of us did, I know you're lying :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

And I don't know about you but "Who Says" helped me a great deal when I was a fat bullied gay teenage boy, and I'm still thankful to Selena for this gem:

And did you happen to forget that the entire "Stars Dance" album was inspired by solely queen Britney? Oh yes, and you can feel her influence all over the album:

After Stars Dance, Selena decided to try out a new style, closer to her heart, and she really executed it well. Hence, Revival was born:

Revival is one of the rare albums that I actually like from top to bottom. Britney and Selena are the only artists who did this for me :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Between Revival and Rare, Selena took a break but still released some impeccable bops, such as:

All very interesting music directions :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Which takes us to Rare:

And her latest achievements hitting that South American audience:

Overall, I just wanted to show you guys how much Selena Gomez has grown as an artist. We should celebrate people's achievements, especially given the fact Selena is one of us. She's a millennial who really tried her best and had her ups and downs through it all.

She's far from talentless and I admire her for achieving everything she did. I genuinely hope she never stops making music.

Whether you're getting ready to go out and hyping yourself up, or chilling on a warm Sunday afternoon on the floor, Selena Gomez has got just the right beat for you. She truly grew up right in front of our noses, together with us!

Thank you :)

• Love 3

People will always discredit, I love this girl + she's humble and sweet no wonder why people hate her! 

She has such great pop songs, I do listen to her occasionally especially her Rare album also despite of not having a great singing voice she knows what suits her and does great in it. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Prachi said:

People will always discredit, I love this girl + she's humble and sweet no wonder why people hate her! 

She has such great pop songs, I do listen to her occasionally especially her Rare album also despite of not having a great singing voice she knows what suits her and does great in it. 

I absolutely agree with you. It's true that she's not the strongest vocalist out there, but her voice is so soothing and soft, I love hearing it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

She truly found her own direction and executed it perfectly, gotta love the girl :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

I absolutely agree with you. It's true that she's not the strongest vocalist out there, but her voice is so soothing and soft, I love hearing it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

She truly found her own direction and executed it perfectly, gotta love the girl :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

of course, even If I think about Britney is also not a great vocalist but she's good and does songs which suits her she has seductiveness in her voice which makes it unique and great! Everyone doesn't have to be Adele of the generation I mean, Selena is a great human being on top of that people are weird she just does what she does. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

My Fave Selena song:

and let’s not forget the Britney penned ‘Whiplash’ (I wish we had Britney’s demo) 

Whiplash is an eternal bop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: I feel like I wouldn't like the song as much if Britney did it, there must be a reason why she didn't include it into her album :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I have this belief that every song suits the artist that recorded the final version the most 

This doesn't mean I don't wanna hear Britney's demo :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Like 1

Thank  you for this thread! :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

I haven't enjoyed her recent stuff as much BUT you can't deny that she's been GREAT when it comes to her discography. 

Forever favourite. I love interstellar tracks. The album "Stars Dance" was such an homage to Britney!

This is such a banger!

Bop!

What about her features/collaborations with DJs? Some of those tracks are one of her best:

I've always lover her humbleness. I know this may not be her thing, but I'm still waiting for her to drop her "that b!txh" album. She's got this dichotomy much like Britney/Ariana - embodies innocence and ***uality with such elegance. 

Selena will forever be one of my celebrity crushes.

58613100_865688237119134_220992543557746

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Isla said:

Selena really has a good discography imo yet so many people seem to want to s#!t on her.

She might not be the most talented artist but she has delivered bop after bop and showcased her artistic abilities especially with Revival :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Agreed, I mean I am not her fan but I like her music and personality + I never understood why an artists constantly need to give hit music again and again I mean people can flop also it's completely alright. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Thank  you for this thread! :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

I haven't enjoyed her recent stuff as much BUT you can't deny that she's been GREAT when it comes to her discography. 

Forever favourite. I love interstellar tracks. The album "Stars Dance" was such an homage to Britney!

This is such a banger!

Bop!

What about her features/collaborations with DJs? Some of those tracks are one of her best:

I've always lover her humbleness. I know this may not be her thing, but I'm still waiting for her to drop her "that b!txh" album. She's got this dichotomy much like Britney/Ariana - embodies innocence and ***uality with such elegance. 

Selena will forever be one of my celebrity crushes.

58613100_865688237119134_220992543557746

you're absolutely right, her features with DJs are some of her best songs :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:I just didn't wanna add way too many songs in the post, it would be long af. I love her so much tbh :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Isla said:

Selena really has a good discography imo yet so many people seem to want to s#!t on her.

She might not be the most talented artist but she has delivered bop after bop and showcased her artistic abilities especially with Revival :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

PREACH! The girl delivers the best and everyone will have to deal :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, Style. said:

I enjoy her music from time to time and I remember I used to love these two songs, Love Will Remember and Perfect... both about Justin Bieber. They make me feel closer to him, as well, it’s like I feel his breath over my body while listening to these gems. Come thru JB. :emma:

betch I will not let you divert this thread to moustache bieber :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: also why didnt you feature it, so ungrateful, here I am blessing this forum with wholesome topics and you're just letting it flop like that. It's like you're Larry Rudolph; I need to hire a new manager :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block