BTS drop new single “Permission to Dance”

• Content Curators

While their single “Butter” is still topping Hot 100 for the sixth consecutive week, BTS has dropped a new single “Permission to Dance”, co-written by Ed Sheeran.

280605E6-021D-4110-AF60-0FB9E688383C.jpeg.d0dfe455e506d6af3b5f66762b58284e.jpeg
Let’s break another record, Army!!

Such a cute song with an amazing message!

Edited by Invitation
  • Love 2

They need to ditch this generic basic image and sound, I understand they are trying to fit the American standards but this feels like just "What Makes you beautiful" by 1D. I truly miss the days where they would sing about suicide, Korean toxic beauty standards, school bullying and pressure, social topics, etc. The BTS that was fully urban, hip hop, kpop and r&b. I love them, they are humble, all-rounder entertainers, talented but I just can't keep up with the new releases...:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 4
  • Content Curators
6 minutes ago, ohoney said:

They need to ditch this generic basic image and sound, I understand they are trying to fit the American standards but this feels like just "What Makes you beautiful" by 1D. I truly miss the days where they would sing about suicide, Korean toxic beauty standards, school bullying and pressure, social topics, etc. The BTS that was fully urban, hip hop, kpop and r&b. I love them, they are humble, all-rounder entertainers, talented but I just can't keep up with the new releases...:parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

All of this, but the disrespect towards me for calling yourself 'Kim Taehyung's Wife'???? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

I'M  RIGHT HERE!:notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

Edited by Invitation
  • Haha 1

Ugh… It hurts to say because I love these boys, but I can’t with this. Did anyone understand a single word Jungkook said in the beginning? His English is soooo good, I think he just needed to better enunciate. I just don’t feel the passion at all. It’s clear their company is just trying to capitalize on the success of their English songs. I can almost bet that most of the members dislike this. We need to go back to Korean bangers with substance. On a positive note, my man Namjoon is looking like a snack!!!! But yeah, this didn’t do it for me. I feel like a flop fan but I need to be honest. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Just for comparisons (I love them both and I’m not trying to start something lol) but shinee recently released a “cute concept” song as well, and it’s so much better. Check it out: 

I hate that BTS has to adjust to western market. I understand why they do it, but I still hate it. 

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
7 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

Ugh… It hurts to say because I love these boys, but I can’t with this. Did anyone understand a single word Jungkook said in the beginning? His English is soooo good, I think he just needed to better enunciate. I just don’t feel the passion at all. It’s clear their company is just trying to capitalize on the success of their English songs. I can almost bet that most of the members dislike this. We need to go back to Korean bangers with substance. On a positive note, my man Namjoon is looking like a snack!!!! But yeah, this didn’t do it for me. I feel like a flop fan but I need to be honest. 

I noticed their enunciation was better in "Butter".

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

you're entitled to your opinion obviously, but I need people to stop saying bts was forced to do something whenever they release something some ppl don't like lol they're major shareholders, they can't be forced to do crap. if you were to watch their interviews you'd know how passionate they are.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Persona said:

you're entitled to your opinion obviously, but I need people to stop saying bts was forced to do something whenever they release something some ppl don't like lol they're major shareholders, they can't be forced to do crap. if you were to watch their interviews you'd know how passionate they are.

I guess I didn’t properly explain myself. I never stated they weren’t passionate artists. I was merely pointing out that I didn’t feel the passion with this song specifically. And you just hit the nail on the head. They are shareholders, which means they are probably making the best decisions for their brand. Just because they agreed to do a song, doesn’t mean that all 7 of them are completely in love with it. I believe they are making decisions for the brand and I completely respect that, but we would be naive to think that they didn’t agree to this “sound” again after the success with dynamite and butter. I understand why they are doing it, but this one is a pass for me, that’s all. 💜

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Mexwero said:

I guess I didn’t properly explain myself. I never stated they weren’t passionate artists. I was merely pointing out that I didn’t feel the passion with this song specifically. And you just hit the nail on the head. They are shareholders, which means they are probably making the best decisions for their brand. Just because they agreed to do a song, doesn’t mean that all 7 of them are completely in love with it. I believe they are making decisions for the brand and I completely respect that, but we would be naive to think that they didn’t agree to this “sound” again after the success with dynamite and butter. I understand why they are doing it, but this one is a pass for me, that’s all. 💜

oh, no hate. might have gotten a bit triggered here, I apologize. this is a b-side and definitely exists to push Butter towards a grammy nomination. Personally I love it but it's not everyone's sound and that's fair. 

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

We just need to wait for the album I guess, or MY HUSBAND Tae's mix-tape.

• Haha 2
Just now, Persona said:

oh, no hate. might have gotten a bit triggered here, I apologize. this is a b-side and definitely exists to push Butter towards a grammy nomination. Personally I love it but it's not everyone's sound and that's fair. 

You don’t need to apologize lol I love these boys and I will always support them, just needed to clarify hahaha sending you lots of love 💜💜💜

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
Just now, Persona said:

(not talking about anyone in this thread, but as a side note it's hilarious to me how when Map of the Soul 7 came out everybody hated it and now suddenly people over on reddit etc wanna say they miss it and how good it was, and please stop ignoring BE's existence lmao)

BE was great. Their K Pop albums have been solid. ON was not my favourite though.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block