Thalia drops new single 'Mojito'

mojito.jpg.6e4fe44c049c2d11e93f91c8156f5daf.jpg  182484577-482951459681132-407643852558670312-n.jpg

Mexican singer Thalia just dropped Mojito, the latest single off her upcoming album desAMORfosis, which is set to be released on May 14.

The sensual track that alludes to the Cuban cocktail mixes various rhythms, from the strings typical of Latin genres, to the more urban beats of recent trends, using several analogies related to the beverage to describe the relationship with her love interest.

The song was co-written by Thalia and Andrea Mangiamarchi, along with "Los Honeyboos" Daniel Rondón and Rafael Rodríguez, the latter of which also produced the track.

Thalia has also teased through several posts what seems to be pictures on the set of the music video.

169170669-201618154954019-81945509378441

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Mojito would be the opening track of desAMORfosis

Related:

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ezequiel said:

It's a fresh sound for her after all these years. She used to do great pop songs. Hopefully she'll give us more with this album

12 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

A bop! But please also include a mega ballad! She's amazing at that.

I hope she includes something more pop, it can be a ballad or an uptempo too 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I hope she includes something more pop, it can be a ballad or an uptempo too 

Hopefully! I miss her "Arrasando" era. "Regresa a mí", "No me enseñaste", "Reencarnación" and "Entre el mar y una estrella" were exceptional. Latin pop at its purest

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ezequiel said:

Hopefully! I miss her "Arrasando" era. "Regresa a mí", "No me enseñaste", "Reencarnación" and "Entre el mar y una estrella" were exceptional. Latin pop at its purest

Latin pop anthems. :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

Anyone from Latin America who does drag has lip synced to one of those songs, at least.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Ezequiel said:

I couldn't agree more!  Also, most of the stuff that she has released the last few eras (including this new single) have kinda been the same stuff that everyone else is doing and pretty much forgettable.... and that's too bad because I am rooting for Thalia!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mercenary said:

I couldn't agree more!  Also, most of the stuff that she has released the last few eras (including this new single) have kinda been the same stuff that everyone else is doing and pretty much forgettable.... and that's too bad because I am rooting for Thalia!

Unfortunately, Trap and Reggaeton music have taken over and forced most Latin artists to abandon their original roots to stay relevant. I have nothing against those music styles, but Shakira, Thalia, Luis Fonsi were far better composers and vocalists when they were pop/rock artists.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block