Little Mix's 'Confetti' #1 on the UK's Big Top 40

Little Mix's new song has debuted at Number 1 on the UK's biggest chart show.

'Confetti' with Saweetie was only released on Friday but has gone straight to the top this Sunday on The Official Big Top 40.

It's Perrie, Jade and Leigh-Anne's first release since becoming a three after Jesy Nelson decided to leave the group.

The girls joined Will Manning in the studio to find out the news and pick up their Official Big Top 40 Number 1 trophy.

The chart is compiled based on downloads, streaming, and radio airplay from the stations that broadcast the show. It is the only UK chart which includes radio airplay, much like the Billboard Hot 100 in the US. The algorithm differs to that of the Official Singles Chart, which also includes downloads, plus physical sales–but does not take radio airplay into account.

The Official Charts Company Number 1 is revealed on Friday! Hopefully this will become an Official UK Number 1 on the OCC too!

E0Zr8byXEAM7Mey?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E0Zr6idX0AsIeWV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E0ZhMwBXEAEPU24?format=jpg&name=large

rsz_1rsz_e0zr6idx0asiewv.jpg.a029b52ab3724830e604202aa82d3452.jpg

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

And people still deny this chart, cos it's not endorsed by the OCC. 

Fron what it sounds like Billie Eilish is expected to be the highest debut in the top ten according to the OCC, no mention of Little mix at all from their announcement.  Might be top 20. But that's all I got from them.

This is today's first chart look for the OCC - hopefully Confetti will rise throughout the week!

1 Russ Millions & Tion Wayne - Body
2 Lil Nas X - MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)
3 Riton & Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday
4 Joel Corry, RAYE & David Guetta - BED
5 Justin Bieber feat. Daniel Caesar & GIVĒON - Peaches
6 Billie Eilish - Your Power *
7 Doja Cat feat. SZA - Kiss Me More
8 Tom Grennan - Little Bit of Love
9 Ella Henderson & Tom Grennan - Let's Go Home Together
10 The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

11 Polo G - RAPSTAR
12 Little Mix feat. Saweetie - Confetti ^
13 ATB, Topic & A7S - Your Love
14 Masked Wolf - Astronaut in the Ocean
15 Mimi Webb - Good Without
16 Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu
17 Majestic & Boney M. - Rasputin
18 D-Block Europe & RAYE - Ferrari Horses
19 Ava Max - My Head & My Heart
20 Kylie Minogue & Dua Lipa - Real Groove *

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

This is today's first chart look for the OCC - hopefully Confetti will rise throughout the week!

1 Russ Millions & Tion Wayne - Body
2 Lil Nas X - MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)
3 Riton & Nightcrawlers feat. Mufasa & Hypeman - Friday
4 Joel Corry, RAYE & David Guetta - BED
5 Justin Bieber feat. Daniel Caesar & GIVĒON - Peaches
6 Billie Eilish - Your Power *
7 Doja Cat feat. SZA - Kiss Me More
8 Tom Grennan - Little Bit of Love
9 Ella Henderson & Tom Grennan - Let's Go Home Together
10 The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

11 Polo G - RAPSTAR
12 Little Mix feat. Saweetie - Confetti ^
13 ATB, Topic & A7S - Your Love
14 Masked Wolf - Astronaut in the Ocean
15 Mimi Webb - Good Without
16 Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu
17 Majestic & Boney M. - Rasputin
18 D-Block Europe & RAYE - Ferrari Horses
19 Ava Max - My Head & My Heart
20 Kylie Minogue & Dua Lipa - Real Groove *

Kylie and Dua will be top 20? That song hasn't charted higher than 95 in the UK I read. Whats the sudden push? Do you hear that song on the radio? In the States, I only hear it on one smaller pop station.

Just now, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Kylie and Dua will be top 20? That song hasn't charted higher than 95 in the UK I read. Whats the sudden push? Do you hear that song on the radio? In the States, I only hear it on one smaller pop station.

It's likely to go down later in the week! I'll be shocked if Kylie gets a Top 20 - even though i'd love that!

I think Kylie did a vinyl release or something and I think that is why it has jumped!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It's likely to go down later in the week! I'll be shocked if Kylie gets a Top 20 - even though i'd love that!

I think Kylie did a vinyl release or something and I think that is why it has jumped!

That would make sense since she has an older fanbase and along with her stans they would prefer a physical copy. I hope she gets a top 20. I love the idea of KylieXDua working together- just wish dua didnt just sing backing vocals on the chorus. It was prob too expensive to get a verse from her. 

They are doing heavy numbers considering that they debuted long time agooooooooooo. I was so little when I sang ‘Salute’ and now look at them, fresher than ever got me singing ‘Confetti’! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Still underrated in the US. This girl group refuse to peak until they got the recognition they deserve ffs. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Style. said:

They are doing heavy numbers considering that they debuted long time agooooooooooo. I was so little when I sang ‘Salute’ and now look at them, fresher than ever got me singing ‘Confetti’! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Still underrated in the US. This girl group refuse to peak until they got the recognition they deserve ffs. 

It's honestly insane how well they are doing during their 10th year together :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

I can relate, they've come soooo far! I remember voting for them when they were on X Factor in 2011 and seeing them get formed, I feel like i've grew up with them through my teen years :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

It's actually shocking how underrated they are in the US! They have everything, the looks, the talent, the songs, the vocals, the stage presence, the dancing, the song writing skills- everything!

They are so hard working! I hope they are announced as performers at the Brits and become the first female group to ever win 'Best British Group :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

It's honestly insane how well they are doing during their 10th year together :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

I can relate, they've come soooo far! I remember voting for them when they were on X Factor in 2011 and seeing them get formed, I feel like i've grew up with them through my teen years :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

It's actually shocking how underrated they are in the US! They have everything, the looks, the talent, the songs, the vocals, the stage presence, the dancing, the song writing skills- everything!

They are so hard working! I hope they are announced as performers at the Brits and become the first female group to ever win 'Best British Group :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Are we that old? I was rooting for them on the X Factor, they were so cool even back then. I remember Wings was my jam. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

When are the Brits awards? 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Style. said:

Are we that old? I was rooting for them on the X Factor, they were so cool even back then. I remember Wings was my jam. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

When are the Brits awards? 

The way we are OG fans :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

May 11th! They've got 9 days to hopefully announce they are performing - lets cross our fingers! I'd love a Sweet Melody x Confetti mash-up! They always use LM for ratings so they better give them the award :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 1

I’m kind of confused about it being a number one!? Maybe this could help me understand. The official top 40 is the equivalent to the top 40 count down Ryan secrest would do on the weekends!? (Idk if he still does it, I haven’t learn the radio in forever). I know it’s not the OCC which is the British version of the billboard 100… right!? Sorry a little confused 

8 hours ago, K-man said:

I’m kind of confused about it being a number one!? Maybe this could help me understand. The official top 40 is the equivalent to the top 40 count down Ryan secrest would do on the weekends!? (Idk if he still does it, I haven’t learn the radio in forever). I know it’s not the OCC which is the British version of the billboard 100… right!? Sorry a little confused 

I'm not familiar with the Ryan Seacrest show but it sounds similar to the UK's Big Top 40!

Yes the OCC is similar to the US Billboard 100!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.