Dated Hits you might've forgotten

What up, Exhale

Some time ago, I created a playlist that gathered songs I'd listen to when I was a teenager. Today I gave it a spin after a while and it just came to mind how many songs were big hits, or moderate ones at least, and not many folks bring them up. I would like to point out that here, the adjective 'dated' does not necessarily have to imply a negative connotation, since, at the end of the day, those 'dated' tunes marked what was hot, and what we enjoyed at the moment. 

Here are some examples, if you have some more, share so we can go down the memory lane: 

G.JPG.44ed83df2bdfcab825004e844159f004.JPG

• Love 7
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Adriannn said:

What up, Exhale

Some time ago, I created a playlist that gathered songs I'd listen to when I was a teenager. Today I gave it a spin after a while and it just came to mind how many songs were big hits, or moderate ones at least, and not many folks bring them up. I would like to point out that here, the adjective 'dated' does not necessarily have to imply a negative connotation, since, at the end of the day, those 'dated' tunes marked what was hot, and what we enjoyed at the moment. 

Here are some examples, if you have some more, share so we can go down the memory lane: 

Like Me and Maniac were my jams back then, although it makes me think how much female music was all about pitting women against eachother :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Which becomes even more manipulative when you find out 95% of these songs were both written and produces by MEN. It's like their entire duty was to make sure women hate each other :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: I'm sad women didn't see through this a lot sooner tbh

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Like Me and Maniac were my jams back then, although it makes me think how much female music was all about pitting women against eachother :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Which becomes even more manipulative when you find out 95% of these songs were both written and produces by MEN. It's like their entire duty was to make sure women hate each other :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: I'm sad women didn't see through this a lot sooner tbh

you're right, this would've brought major backlash today... but moves are being made

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block