Taylor Swift has now tied Dolly Parton for a song re-charting as #1 on Country Radio...

196cfdc412e461fb6252651c51999c8e.jpg.17c80c0d9c16d3fc98873a9a45e5cde2.jpg     Taylor's new recording of "Love Story (Taylor's Version)" has hit number 1 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs Chart over a decade after the original record of "Love Story" hit number 1 on the same chart - the only other artist to achieve this one the same chart is Dolly Parton with "I Will Always Love You". 

This is the first time Taylor has had a solo number 1 on this Country music chart since "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together".  This is also the first time that Taylor has debuted at number 1 on this chart!  

Taylor told Billboard, “This is my first time having a No. 1 debut on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and I’m so grateful to the fans for making this a possibility. They’re the ones who emboldened me to reclaim my music and they really showed up this week to see it through. It blows me away that they’ve sent a song to No. 1 that had its first life over a decade ago.I couldn’t be happier that it happened now, and in this way.”

Source:

https://www.cmt.com/news/1830696/taylor-swift-ties-dolly-partons-chart-record-with-new-love-story-version/

Discuss - do you think that this means Taylor will earn EVEN MORE Country number 1's than she had before? This is very interesting. Could we get a re-recording of Reputation in her new country/folk style? I am very curious about how Red, 1989 and Reputation will sound!

What Taylor song are you looking forward to the most? I hope "Breathe" from Fearless finally gets released as a single!

• Love 1
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Yeah I heard about it. Oh so do they mean Whitney’s is a re-recording or Dolly recorded the song twice? I’m confused. I mean I could Google it, but I have to start getting ready for work. Here I am wasting time :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think the song just re-charted and went #1 later. She also did a duet of it with Vince Gill that was a mega-hit on Country radio. 

12 hours ago, jordeezy said:

196cfdc412e461fb6252651c51999c8e.jpg.17c80c0d9c16d3fc98873a9a45e5cde2.jpg     Taylor's new recording of "Love Story (Taylor's Version)" has hit number 1 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs Chart over a decade after the original record of "Love Story" hit number 1 on the same chart - the only other artist to achieve this one the same chart is Dolly Parton with "I Will Always Love You". 

This is the first time Taylor has had a solo number 1 on this Country music chart since "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together".  This is also the first time that Taylor has debuted at number 1 on this chart!  

Taylor told Billboard, “This is my first time having a No. 1 debut on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and I’m so grateful to the fans for making this a possibility. They’re the ones who emboldened me to reclaim my music and they really showed up this week to see it through. It blows me away that they’ve sent a song to No. 1 that had its first life over a decade ago.I couldn’t be happier that it happened now, and in this way.”

Source:

https://www.cmt.com/news/1830696/taylor-swift-ties-dolly-partons-chart-record-with-new-love-story-version/

Discuss - do you think that this means Taylor will earn EVEN MORE Country number 1's than she had before? This is very interesting. Could we get a re-recording of Reputation in her new country/folk style? I am very curious about how Red, 1989 and Reputation will sound!

What Taylor song are you looking forward to the most? I hope "Breathe" from Fearless finally gets released as a single!

Personally, I’m waiting for her to give justice to I Almost Do on Red. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Idk why my fave album is anymore. Each album is incredible for different reasons. It feels like picking a favorite child :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

It just holds a LOT of nostalgia for me. It was the soundtrack to my first time on an airplane! It was the album I listened to with my bestie while we had bonfires and cried. It came out while my boyfriend was deployed to a warzone and we had only been dating 6 months before he left and I had to wait a year for him to get back. It was literally my RED era as well. lol

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block