Britney Spears' Lawyer: Giving Her Dad More Control In Conservatorship Would Be 'Highly Detrimental' [Video]

IconicShow

Britney Spears' Lawyer: Giving Her Dad More Control In Conservatorship Would Be 'Highly Detrimental' [Video]

https://www.lovebscott.com/britney-spears-lawyer-giving-dad-control-conservatorship-highly-detrimental-video

az8QPaI3jvXYsLtqTQl6-copy-710x400.jpg

Britney Spears’ lawyer, Samuel Ingham, argued against her father, Jamie Spears, gaining any more power in her conservatorship. The 39-year-old Spears has been under conservatorship since 2008, and it was recently extended again until Sept. 3, 2021.

via: AceShowbiz

Britney Spears’ lawyer has argued that giving her father Jamie more power in her conservatorship would be “highly detrimental” to the singer.

The “Toxic” star is currently locked in a legal battle against her dad to have him permanently removed from her conservatorship, after he was placed in control over her life following her public breakdown in 2008.

In the latest development in the case, Britney’s lawyer Samuel Ingham has claimed that “it would be highly detrimental to Britney’s interest” to give Jamie any more control over her estate.

The comment comes after Jamie submitted a proposed order to the court, in which he argued that he has lost some of his powers since he and Bessemer Trust became co-conservators of Britney’s estate in November (20).

But Ingham argued that if Jamie had his way, he would have the power to select his own “professional investment advisors” separate from Bessemer Trust.

“It is difficult to imagine a better recipe for conflict between the co-conservators and confusion with both Britney and third parties,” he said. “Ultimately, the appointment of Bessemer Trust would be rendered meaningless.”

He added that he believes Jamie is trying to ensure that Bessemer will never become the sole conservator of Britney’s estate – something the “Gimme More” star had requested at the beginning of the legal battle.

Ingham wants to revisit the possibility of Bessemer becoming a sole conservator in the future. The next hearing in the case is set for Thursday (11Feb21).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ToySoldier12 said:

This is great news! YOU GO SAM! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

By the straightforwardness of this clarification, he low-key confirms he reads exhale  :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Let's see what Brenda Penny does, Britney already said she's scared of Jamie and won't work if he's in control. It's bad enough Jamie has a restraining order against him from seeing Britney's sons, Now Ingham is saying it be detrimental if Jamie gets more control.

It's time this monster gets his walking papers even Lynne agrees Jamie needs to go. What's it going to take to get this trainwreck gone?

Come on Penny do what's right huntea. 

5 minutes ago, LordofTheMoodRing said:

She should get a restraining order 

I agree and she might if Jamie gets the boot, this man seems so crazy filing for Conservatorship in many states and will stop at nothing to not be removed.

Jamie is looking like such a cornbread fed monster and needs to go. 

5 minutes ago, Fenixxx123 said:

Why Ingham suddenly doing all of this if could've happened years ago

Should've, Would've, Could've - I'm just happy he's finally stepping up and doing something now the past is the past it's his actions now that need to continue to help Britney.

2 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Why are you such a Debbie downer omg

Exactly my thought as well, we should be happy traction is happening now, no need to drag Ingham for what he could've did in the past, what matters is now and he's fighting for Britney now.

Once Jamie is gone we can really get more traction into everyone else and go from there, folks aren't ever satisfied. 

7 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

You asked what a Debbie downer was I was just explaining what the definition is I wasn’t saying you were being negative or not.

you literally told me "you are a Debbie downer": which later you replied "is someone who turns something positive into a negative" :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

Archived