Britney's singles that not charted in the Billboard Hot 100

From the list of official singles releases from our beloved Britney, a few of them have not charted in the Billboard Hot 100 and it’s ****ty that they didn’t. This is the infamous list:

1)      “Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know” (the 4th single from the album ‘Oops… I Did It Again’)

2)      “I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman” (the 2nd single from the album ‘Britney’ in the USA, 3rd single in other countries).

3)      “Boys" (The Co-Ed Remix) feat. Pharrell Williams from N.E.R.D” (the 4th single from the album ‘Britney’)

4)       “I Love Rock ‘N’ Roll” (the 4th  European single from the album ‘Britney’)

5)      “My Prerogative” (the 1st single from the album “Greatest Hits: My Prerogative”)

6)      “Someday (I Will Understand)", (the promotional single from ‘Britney & Kevin: Chaotic EP’)

Other Britney’s songs/singles that not charted:

·         “Born To Make You Happy” (single only released internationally)

·         “And Then We Kissed (Junkie XL Remix)” (promotional single from the remix album 'B in the Mix: The Remixes')

·         “Tom’s Diner” – Giorgio Moroder feat. Britney Spears (unofficial single release)

·         “Scream & Shout (Remix)” - will.i.am ft. Britney Spears, Hit Boy, Waka Flocka Flame, Lil Wayne & Diddy.

·         Mood Ring (By Demand)", (re-released in 2020 worldwide, originally appearing as a bonus track for the Japanese Standard edition of 'Glory')

·         “Anticipating” (released only in France as a single)

·         “My Only Wish (This Year)”, (appeared in the album 'Platinum Christmas')

·         “Kill the Lights”, (promotional --animated video-- single from the album 'Circus')

Why do you guys think that these singles didn’t chart?

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Itachi said:

i still don't understand how Not a Girl and MP failed to chart when they both had better airplay performances than Overprotected and Outrageous

Sales. Overprotected vinyls were released during the campaign while no INAGNYAW vinyls were released in North America until later months. :barbie:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Sales. Overprotected vinyls were released during the campaign while no INAGNYAW vinyls were released in North America until later months. :barbie:

oh that makes sense. Jive is such a flop. despite the radio ban, Not a Girl actually had decent radio performance even charting in the Adult Contemporary chart (although by no means it was a hit). little did we know that RCA later on... :meltdown:

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Itachi said:

oh that makes sense. Jive is such a flop. despite the radio ban, Not a Girl actually had decent radio performance even charting in the Adult Contemporary chart (although by no means it was a hit). little did we know that RCA later on...

I think the only reason Not a Girl performed better than my stan song is timing. It was released around the time before Crossroads was released and benefitted from the Britney hype peak in the US (the Britney hype peak was still strong for years outside the US though). :yeahhh: It was around that time where Britney was still perfect and she could do no wrong so Not a Girl lucked out when it was released as the second single in the US. :mhm: After Crossroads was considered "a flop" by critics and the general public, that's how it all started. The Britney hate train slowly gained momentum and peaked and exploded when news of her breakup with Justin came out. And in between the Crossroads era was Overprotected and Boys being released in the US and that's how they performed poorly on radio than Not a Girl. Stan song just got lucky because it had help through sales and that's why it charted. :barbie:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, crazyboutbrit said:

Why am i feeling that you might be wrng on few ones? I believe MP did chart in the Billboard 100 :yaknow:

"My Prerogative" charted in the Billboard Mainstream Top 40 (now Pop Songs Chart) at #22. 

• Love 1

Born To Make You Happy, I Love Rock N'Roll, Anticipating and Someday were not singles in the US, so it's totally normal they didn't chart at all. And Then We Kiss was never released as a single.

Not A Girl peaked at #102 on the Billboard under. Boys peaked at #122 on Billboard Under and My Prerogative peaked at #101 on Billboard Under. Mood Rind peaked at #123 on Billboard Under (not a real single though and released on streaming services 4 years later).

So the only song officially released in the US that didn't chart at all is DLMBTLTK ;)

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Someday was released. Maybe not as a cd single but it released in the US. The music video premiered at the end of Chaotic and it was even a hit on TRL. :imacat:

But was it on the radio? SInce in this era it was the only way she could chart at all.

Just now, igmate said:

But was it on the radio? SInce in this era it was the only way she could chart at all.

Does it matter if it was sent to radio? The music video is being broadcasted in the country. Which to me means "single" one way or another. :mattafact:

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Does it matter if it was sent to radio? The music video is being broadcasted in the country. Which to me means "single" one way or another. :mattafact:

It matters. Music video or not you need support for the song to chart at all. Maybe the song was available on iTunes but it was not sent on the radio stations, i have no idea i'm not from the US. Here in France it wasn't released at all as a physical single but it was in some others european countries, that was weird.

• Like 4
Just now, igmate said:

It matters. Music video or not you need support for the song to chart at all. Maybe the song was available on iTunes but i not sent on the radio stations, i have no idea i'm not from the US. Here in France it wasn't released at all as a physical single but it was in some others european countries, that was weird.

I was talking about the song's status as a single in North America and not the charts. :imacat:

As a response to this.

21 minutes ago, igmate said:

Born To Make You Happy, I Love Rock N'Roll, Anticipating and Someday were not singles in the US, so it's totally normal they didn't chart at all. And Then We Kiss was never released as a single.

:imacat:

5 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I was talking about the song's status as a single in North America and not the charts. :imacat:

As a response to this.

:imacat:

For the song to be considered as an official single it needs to be send to the radio stations though, a music video doesn't count as an official single release. So no i was correct, it was never officially released as a single in the US. We can consider it as a promotional single for her Chaotic show maybe but that's about it lol.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, igmate said:

For the song to be considered as an official single it needs to be send to the radio stations though

:gloria:

Says who? Where did you get that rule? The only rules in place are how a song is allowed to chart on the Hot 100. But for a song to be considered as "a single" is not based on whether it is sent to radio or not. If anything, a "cd single" and a music video are better gauges for single status and not radio.

Like, Do Somethin' not being physically released in the US but is still considered a single because the music video was made available in North America and was available for digital download.

So no, a song's single status is not based on it being sent to radio. :imacat:

41 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Says who? Where did you get that rule? The only rules in place are how a song is allowed to chart on the Hot 100. But for a song to be considered as "a single" is not based on whether it is sent to radio or not. If anything, a "cd single" and a music video are better gauges for single status and not radio.

Like, Do Somethin' not being physically released in the US but is still considered a single because the music video was made available in North America and was available for digital download.

Who considered Do Something as a single in the US? 

The music video being played in the US means nothing, the Someday video was also played and it was certainly NOT a single here. Jive just allowed TRL to play the videos because of how popular she was on there! 

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

radio spins are counted in the chart formula for the Billbord hot 100 with sales then, but jive didnt release a CD singles then, that's why Toxic peaked only on ninth position.

Do something peaked at 100 because strong itunes sales.

• Like 2