The moment I was done with stanning Gaga

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I've never stopped stanning her, because I've never been her stan :duh: 

I didn't like her first album, except for Paparazzi and Poker Face. Then I did like Bad Romance and Telephone, but it didn't last long. When Born This Way came out, it's like I forgot about all her previous songs I liked. I really like that record. Then ARTPOP was kinda strange, I liked some songs and not others. I really don't know the chronology of her career, I think she did that jazz thing, then Joanne which I listened to just once, and never ever cared to listen to it again, I was bored to death with that album. And now I'm about to listen to her latest album to see what she got.

But besides the fact I've never really been caught by her music, I never crave for it, I just think she tries too hard. And I know that that should be something positive, like, I guess most of us would wish that Britney tried a bit harder, and believed a bit more in her artistry and her career and was a little bit less humble and owned her status, but Gaga is like the opposite of that. She's very talented, but she tries ssoooooo hard to be iconic with everything she does, not just the songs, but the performances, the outfits, the red carpet appearances, and she's tried so hard to be relatable as well, and also tried so hard to picture her personal life as this tragedy that culminated in her becoming a superstar, that I don't know, it feels too fake to me. Like, with her talent and her creativity, she should let her art and her products speak for themselves. If her music and performances and outfits were as iconic, she shouldn't have to move a finger for it to happen, for people to notice, it would occur naturally, like it did with Britney, but she tries ssoooooo hard that just makes me want to roll my eyes.

When she appears and looks like this and makes that face

maxresdefault.jpg

it kinda makes me roll my eyes because I can imagine her like thinking how each of these moments are gonna be recreated in 50 years when they make a movie about Lady Gaga's life and how "iconic" each of them have to be, but the reality is that very few people will remember all of her appearances. 

But that doesn't prevent me from enjoying her songs every once in a while. It's undeniable that all the effort she's put and all the hard she's tried to make her superstardom happened actually gave her results, so there's that. Again, we all wish Britney had a bit more confidence, not so much in herself, but in her career, in her catalog, her artistry, as Gaga does. I think both are at extreme opposites, and the ideal would be to be in the middle of that, to find a balance between self-esteem and humbleness, but between the two, I prefer Britney's attitude. 

So it's great if her fans and people from the GP have connected to her and have found in her and her music what makes them feel good. She's talented, and I see it. To me, I just will never have that connection to her, because she just doesn't inspire in me that kind of admiration or idolization that Britney evokes. 

Now, if you actually used to stan her before this clip you posted, and stopped just because of it, I just don't think it makes a lot of sense :yaknow:

This was such a well written comment! And now that I’m reading it again, I want to clarify. After the fame monster I was an UBER stan of Lady Gaga. I mean, I almost left Britney for her after bad romance. But then BTW came out and that weird f_cking video, and she came to the Grammys in an egg, then she sold the album for 99cents, then we all realized BTW sounded like Madonna, then she released more video from BTW which were weird, then she went away, then applause came out which I thought was weird and the video was tacky, and THEN this moment at The Rolling Stones tribute concert happened. It was this moment that it all clicked and I said “ya know, I really don’t enjoy her anymore.” So it was everything leading up to this moment. She was on a steady decline in my eyes and THEN seeing this performance and hearing her scream at us, I checked out immediately after. ☺️

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

This was such a well written comment! And now that I’m reading it again, I want to clarify. After the fame monster I was an UBER stan of Lady Gaga. I mean, I almost left Britney for her after bad romance. But then BTW came out and that weird f_cking video, and she came to the Grammys in an egg, then she sold the album for 99cents, then we all realized BTW sounded like Madonna, then she released more video from BTW which were weird, then she went away, then applause came out which I thought was weird and the video was tacky, and THEN this moment at The Rolling Stones tribute concert happened. It was this moment that it all clicked and I said “ya know, I really don’t enjoy her anymore.” So it was everything leading up to this moment. She was on a steady decline in my eyes and THEN seeing this performance and hearing her scream at us, I checked out immediately after. ☺️

I think I really liked that weirdness of Gaga. That's really what set her apart from the rest. At first it was just things like the bubbles outfit or the bow hair, that looked kinda low budget, but then they got better. But she overdid it. I think if she didn't make so many appearances and would've kept a bit more mystery, kind of like what Poppy is lol but of course, keeping the songs coming, she would've convinced me of following her. 

People would've kept expecting to see which new weird outfit she was gonna show at some awards show red carpet or performance, but she couldn't stop getting that attention, and she wore weird outfits for all kinds of minor appearances, even to go to the bathroom, to the point there was no surprise anymore. And I always told my friends, that there was gonna come a day when she was gonna run out of ideas, or the surprise factor just wasn't gonna be there, and she was gonna reach such point that her new weird look, would be to appeared dressed up as a normal person, and that's exactly what happened. 

And now that she wants to go back to this Chromatica persona or saga or whatever, it just doesn't feel natural anymore. It just feels lame compared to any of her early looks that could've inspired a whole thematic album. 

BTW could've made me a fan, but in my case, The Edge of Glory video was the biggest letdown ever. That video was so lame and uninspired, and so out of place compared to the previous two, that I was just like :ugh: because I really loved that song. Now I barely listen to it after that video came out. And the song I liked the least from the album, Yoü and I, not only got released as a single, but it got the better video. Those kind of weird outfits and the whole vibe of the video, I really love that, but the song is just like ugh. 

Then Marry the Night was one of my favorites too, but that sort of short film she tried to do was very boring tbh. 

So it was clear to me that for every thing I liked from Gaga she was gonna do other 10 things I didn't like, so it just never allowed me to fully become a fan. And as I said , by this point I had already forgotten about Bad Romance, Poker Face, etc, not even two years after they were released. By the time ARTPOP came out, I think people were already tired of her gigs, and so I was. I liked Applause but I thought it was just meh compared to BTW tracks. And I do like other songs from the album, like Venus and ARTPOP, but just not enough to be crazy for them. 

So I don't know, I just don't connect with her. I liked that song she released The Cure, but didn't make a video for it, and again, after a few years I totally forgot about it until someone mentioned it the other day. I just don't crave for Lady Gaga, and at this point I don't think I ever will. I'm currently listening to Chromatica to see what's there, but I'm not expecting a lot. 

• Like 2

I used to stan her during the fame era but lost interest on the fame monster era , then with born this way I thought she slayed , and afterwards she's been a mess , her music is just boring and flat now , she's hopping on trends and doesn't really create catchy pop music anymore, maybe she should have sticked with redone on the last record.... Besides I don't like her approach on art (it's too obvious and try hard, no mystery) , she's taking part in satanic rituals with Marina abramovic and then dares to call it art , like sis let's call it what it is - a satanic ritual ....

:tiffeyeroll:

D0P3ku7W0AAieVh.jpg

• Love 1

I like her when she is toned down like in a Star is Born and a Million Reasons. I also liked the Fame but everything after that was just too try hard for me. I dont dislike her but I cringe at her performances sometimes.

like even the way she talks to the audience is so cringy to me...

this video speaks for itself

we would crucify Britney if she performed like this

Girl THIS is where you shine. It may not be as interesting but its consistantly good and not cringe worthy. Im sorry but for some reason she just doesnt pull of the "weird" thing anymore.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I like her when she is toned down like in a Star is Born and a Million Reasons. I also liked the Fame but everything after that was just too try hard for me. I dont dislike her but I cringe at her performances sometimes.

like even the way she talks to the audience is so cringy to me...

this video speaks for itself

we would crucify Britney if she performed like this

Girl THIS is where you shine. It may not be as interesting but its consistantly good and not cringe worthy. Im sorry but for some reason she just doesnt pull of the "weird" thing anymore.

THANK YOU!!!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.