The moment I was done with stanning Gaga

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

I respect your opinion, but taste is subjective. This confirmed to me that Gaga’s performance voice is not for me lol.

lol, her earlier performances were weird for me too

esp the one where she got thrown up on 

but i liked her joanne/ a star is born era and i like a few of her songs 

1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

lol, her earlier performances were weird for me too

esp the one where she got thrown up on 

but i liked her joanne/ a star is born era and i like a few of her songs 

What?! 😳😳 Someone vomited on Gaga during a performance?! I need video or it didn’t happen lol

But yeah, she lost me after the fame and fame monster. Not sure why she turned so “weird”. Joanne was a hot indie soft rock mess in my opinion. But the pink hat was cute ❤️

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, ol123 said:

It was the ARTPOP era. The entire era was full of stuff like that. It's art. So you unstanned her because she danced a certain way and you didn't like it? :tiffcackle:

I unstanned because she was over the top for no reason. She’s literally dancing like she’s being electrocuted. And the screaming vocals? No ma’am miss pam. Everything about her became so try hard, but for some reason, this is the moment that became definitive for me lol. If this was art, I don’t want to be artistic lol. 🥴🤗

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
Just now, OnlyFacts said:

I unstanned because she was over the top for no reason. She’s literally dancing like she’s being electrocuted. And the screaming vocals? No ma’am miss pam. Everything about her became so try hard, but for some reason, this is the moment that became definitive for me lol. 🥴🤗

She's a rock star, as she said herself. It was enhanced for the ARTPOP era though. The era was supposed to be weird. Throughout most of that era she screamed, then we had the Joanne era, that was the complete opposite. Gaga's just not your typical pop star, she very unique in that aspect, which is one of the reasons many people like her. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

What?! 😳😳 Someone vomited on Gaga during a performance?! I need video or it didn’t happen lol

She layed on the back of a mechanical bull while one of her dancers puked a green fluid on her. It was kinda gross but also iconic. :letitburn: 

1 minute ago, ol123 said:

She layed on the back of a mechanical bull while one of her dancers puked a green fluid on her. It was kinda gross but also iconic. :letitburn: 

Okay, that is f_cking disgusting and she should’ve been canceled for that because she promoting bulimia! The woman literally was told to put her hand down her throat on vomit on GaGa?! Even if it was fake vomit, the act of putting your hand down your throat and vomiting is promoting bulimia! That is unacceptable. I’ve never seen this. I’m glad I no longer stan Gaga 

• Like 2
Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Okay, that is f_cking disgusting and she should’ve been canceled for that because she promoting bulimia! The woman literally was told to put her hand down her throat on vomit on GaGa?! Even if it was fake vomit, the act of putting your hand down your throat and vomiting is promoting bulimia! That is unacceptable. I’ve never seen this. I’m glad I no longer stan Gaga 

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on her 2009 VMA performance?  :gerlwat:

Out of curiosity, what's your opinion on her 2009 VMA performance?  :gerlwat:

A pathetic attempt to have a Britney moment at the VMA’s that everyone talked about. But I forgot all about it and had to YouTube it since you brought it up 🤣 She’s just such a textbook narcissist in my opinion. Like if Hilary Duff did that vomit performance or the VMA 2009 performance, she wouldn’t be helmed as an icon. People would be like wtf happened to Hilary duff. Idk. Gaga just isn’t genuine in my opinion.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

A pathetic attempt to have a Britney moment at the VMA’s that everyone talked about. But I forgot all about it and had to YouTube it since you brought it up 🤣 She’s just such a textbook narcissist in my opinion. Like if Hilary Duff did that vomit performance or the VMA 2009 performance, she wouldn’t be helmed as an icon. People would be like wtf happened to Hilary duff. Idk. Gaga just isn’t genuine in my opinion.

I think the fact that she's different makes her even more genuine to the art she wants to create. Her VMA performance was great, it had meaning, it tells a story, it highlights the problems with the media, paparazzi and fame. 

She writes and creates all of her material, it's not just handed to her. She's the one coming up with these out of the box, iconic concepts. 

• Love 3

I think the fact that she's different makes her even more genuine to the art she wants to create. Her VMA performance was great, it had meaning, it tells a story, it highlights the problems with the media, paparazzi and fame. 

She writes and creates all of her material, it's not just handed to her. She's the one coming up with these out of the box, iconic concepts. 

Different strokes for different folks I guess ☺️ ❤️

I've never stopped stanning her, because I've never been her stan :duh: 

I didn't like her first album, except for Paparazzi and Poker Face. Then I did like Bad Romance and Telephone, but it didn't last long. When Born This Way came out, it's like I forgot about all her previous songs I liked. I really like that record. Then ARTPOP was kinda strange, I liked some songs and not others. I really don't know the chronology of her career, I think she did that jazz thing, then Joanne which I listened to just once, and never ever cared to listen to it again, I was bored to death with that album. And now I'm about to listen to her latest album to see what she got.

But besides the fact I've never really been caught by her music, I never crave for it, I just think she tries too hard. And I know that that should be something positive, like, I guess most of us would wish that Britney tried a bit harder, and believed a bit more in her artistry and her career and was a little bit less humble and owned her status, but Gaga is like the opposite of that. She's very talented, but she tries ssoooooo hard to be iconic with everything she does, not just the songs, but the performances, the outfits, the red carpet appearances, and she's tried so hard to be relatable as well, and also tried so hard to picture her personal life as this tragedy that culminated in her becoming a superstar, that I don't know, it feels too fake to me. Like, with her talent and her creativity, she should let her art and her products speak for themselves. If her music and performances and outfits were as iconic, she shouldn't have to move a finger for it to happen, for people to notice, it would occur naturally, like it did with Britney, but she tries ssoooooo hard that just makes me want to roll my eyes.

When she appears and looks like this and makes that face

maxresdefault.jpg

it kinda makes me roll my eyes because I can imagine her like thinking how each of these moments are gonna be recreated in 50 years when they make a movie about Lady Gaga's life and how "iconic" each of them have to be, but the reality is that very few people will remember all of her appearances. 

But that doesn't prevent me from enjoying her songs every once in a while. It's undeniable that all the effort she's put and all the hard she's tried to make her superstardom happened actually gave her results, so there's that. Again, we all wish Britney had a bit more confidence, not so much in herself, but in her career, in her catalog, her artistry, as Gaga does. I think both are at extreme opposites, and the ideal would be to be in the middle of that, to find a balance between self-esteem and humbleness, but between the two, I prefer Britney's attitude. 

So it's great if her fans and people from the GP have connected to her and have found in her and her music what makes them feel good. She's talented, and I see it. To me, I just will never have that connection to her, because she just doesn't inspire in me that kind of admiration or idolization that Britney evokes. 

Now, if you actually used to stan her before this clip you posted, and stopped just because of it, I just don't think it makes a lot of sense :yaknow:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block