How do you guys see the future of album releases in the music industry?

Illegally EATEN

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

But it's precisely because of that that I'm not really sure. People used to buy things for each activity, so to speak, but now they want everything in one place. It's like, who buys a tv that is not a smart tv anymore? Or who buys a phone that isn't a smart phone? Or a digital camera that is only a camera? Or computers, I would've expected computers, at least laptops,  to become what mobile phones are today, but apparently a lot of people remained scared of them or something, or just for the comfort of something more portable, smartphones became that gadget that everybody owns, because it's easy to carry around, but also because you can do everything with it. 

So unless that holographic technology comes to phones, I don't see people getting into that, especially if they're gonna have to be buying a new one every time there's a new model. And the music industry would have to make sure that everybody has one, to really move on to this new technology as their main source to release music. Otherwise, if it's just an exclusive thing that only the richest people can buy, it won't be attractive for record labels to invest so much in it. 

Its important to keep in mind though that the music industry absolutely has an interest in ressurrecting physical album sales.

So whatever they come up with, theyre sure to take all the factors youve outlined into account, including price :mattafact:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived