Where's everyone from?

nerdygeekgrl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

England :byebitch:

TalkativeBestLcont-size_restricted.gif

I'm visiting London in August! Never been to Europe. So what are the hot spots in London? I hear Piccadilly circus (I think that's what it's called) is great. I'm staying in Kensington on the other side of Hyde Park and wanna cram as much fun as possible in the 3 days I'm there. 

47 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

I'm visiting London in August! Never been to Europe. So what are the hot spots in London? I hear Piccadilly circus (I think that's what it's called) is great. I'm staying in Kensington on the other side of Hyde Park and wanna cram as much fun as possible in the 3 days I'm there. 

I don't live there myself but I have worked there so I have a few recommendations:

Fen Court. 120 Fenchurch St, Langbourn, London EC3M 5BA

• An office block building which has a 15-story high sky garden you can access for free
  • Garden has a stunning 360 view of London, and there's a bar up there too with a restaurant beneath

Tate Modern. Bankside, London SE1 9TG

• My favourite art museum in London. Lots of innovative and interactive work to be seen.
  • If you don't have time for Fen Court, you can see a similar skyline view of London from the top of the newer Tate Modern building (there are two next to each other).
  • It's also close to other iconic London Bridge landmarks such as St Paul's Cathedral, Millennial Bridge and Borough Market.

Pachamama. 18 Thayer St, Marylebone, London, W1U 3JY.

• A really delicious Peruvian restaurant, would highly recommend!

Todaytix. https://www.todaytix.com/x/london

• There are tons of theatres in Londons with great west-end shows. Todaytix is a good way of getting tickets to them, especially last minute/on the day.

Dalloway Terrace. 16-22 Great Russell St, Fitzrovia, London WC1B 3NN

• On the pricey side, but a really tasty, high quality restaurant.

Lime Orange. 312 Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Westminster, London SW1V 1AA

• If you're near Victoria Station (perhaps if you go to see Wicked at the Apollo), then this is a really nice blend of Japanese & Korean cuisine.

Wetherspoons

• These are a chain of pubs throughout London and Britain, but a really great place to go if you fancy a cheap(ish) meal and drinks. I believe most if not all will have free wi-fi too!
  • You might find it hard to find them on Google Maps as most have kept their original pub names before WS bought them, so download the official app to search them

Heavens. The Arches, Villiers St, Charing Cross, London WC2N 6NG

• Start your messy night out in Soho and end up here. Gay nightclub; need I say more :werk:
49 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I don't live there myself but I have worked there so I have a few recommendations:

Fen Court. 120 Fenchurch St, Langbourn, London EC3M 5BA

• An office block building which has a 15-story high sky garden you can access for free
  • Garden has a stunning 360 view of London, and there's a bar up there too with a restaurant beneath

Tate Modern. Bankside, London SE1 9TG

• My favourite art museum in London. Lots of innovative and interactive work to be seen.
  • If you don't have time for Fen Court, you can see a similar skyline view of London from the top of the newer Tate Modern building (there are two next to each other).
  • It's also close to other iconic London Bridge landmarks such as St Paul's Cathedral, Millennial Bridge and Borough Market.

Pachamama. 18 Thayer St, Marylebone, London, W1U 3JY.

• A really delicious Peruvian restaurant, would highly recommend!

Todaytix. https://www.todaytix.com/x/london

• There are tons of theatres in Londons with great west-end shows. Todaytix is a good way of getting tickets to them, especially last minute/on the day.

Dalloway Terrace. 16-22 Great Russell St, Fitzrovia, London WC1B 3NN

• On the pricey side, but a really tasty, high quality restaurant.

Lime Orange. 312 Vauxhall Bridge Rd, Westminster, London SW1V 1AA

• If you're near Victoria Station (perhaps if you go to see Wicked at the Apollo), then this is a really nice blend of Japanese & Korean cuisine.

Wetherspoons

• These are a chain of pubs throughout London and Britain, but a really great place to go if you fancy a cheap(ish) meal and drinks. I believe most if not all will have free wi-fi too!
  • You might find it hard to find them on Google Maps as most have kept their original pub names before WS bought them, so download the official app to search them

Heavens. The Arches, Villiers St, Charing Cross, London WC2N 6NG

• Start your messy night out in Soho and end up here. Gay nightclub; need I say more :werk:

That club is Def going on my list!! I love gay clubs! Everyone is so friendly to each other and no one wants trouble. 

Archived