Lead singles - Promo Performance vs Tour Performance

none

Pretty self explanatory, from the lead singles - which ones do you prefer the promo performance or their tour version. 

Promo - only from that era the song came from

Tour version - only the tour version  from that album (example: Womanizer - tour version would be Circus Tour). 

Exceptions:

• Crazy Tour - gets confusing since it's for 2 albums
  • Gimme More - no official Blackout tour
  • Work ***** - there were no promo performance until 2016

Baby One More Time:

Promo (one of the many)

BOMT Tour

Oops I Did It Again:

Promo

OIDIA Tour

I'm A Slave 4 U:

Promo 

DWAD Tour

Me Against The Music:

Promo

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av32056829/

Onyx Hotel Tour

Womanizer:

Promo

Circus Tour

Hold It Against Me:

Promo

FF Tour

Make Me:

Promo

Residency/Tour

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought the tour version of MATM was rather boring compared to the promo performances.  She never even did the iconic back bend move during the tour.  All the promo performances she did it exactly like the music video then on tour it was very watered down...always thought it was bad way to close the show! lol

BOMT: they’re both pretty meh since she’s singing live so she wasn’t dancing much in either performance, but I liked the outfit of the tour matching the video.

Oops: the promo performances were better in her energy and had live vocals.

Slave: tour (unless we’re using the VMA performance for promo)

MATM: I honestly never liked the tour version

Womanizer: same with MATM

HIAM: the tour version had better execution I guess...

Make Me: they’re both pretty much the same but I do like the outfit and the lift during the promo performance

8 hours ago, ExtraMile4U said:

I always thought the tour version of MATM was rather boring compared to the promo performances.  She never even did the iconic back bend move during the tour.  All the promo performances she did it exactly like the music video then on tour it was very watered down...always thought it was bad way to close the show! lol

same :cackling:

Promo performances always tends to be better because they're single and short performances, so it's easier for her and her dancers to really give it all. The tour ones are included in a 90 mins show, so I can see why they get watered down a little. 

Only exceptions are hiam (which got literally slaughtered for the promo appearances) and make me, which is basically the same

Archived