Me Against The Music vs. Boom Boom vs. Outrageous

MATM vs. IGTBB vs. Outrageous?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

Then why don't you make threads to songs that really deserve attention? Not these generic pieces of trash that need to be hidden inside the fanbase. Are you also a Britney Jean stan? :raven:

Hmm gee I wonder. Maybe because they’re already appreciated enough as is. I  have praised and continue to praise the Holy Trinity of ITZ in countless other threads, but this thread isn’t about that Sherlock. Your logic is clearly misconstrued here and you need to stop taking everything so literally. Now, are you done hating?  :raven:

21 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Hmm gee I wonder. Maybe because they’re already appreciated enough as is. I  have praised and continue to praise the Holy Trinity of ITZ in countless other threads, but this thread isn’t about that Sherlock. Your logic is clearly misconstrued here and you need to stop raking everything so literally. Now, are you done hating?  :raven:

They're not appreciated enough when people think they're overrated. I don't know if you have praised them or not cause I don't go in your profile looking for the things you post nor do I pay attention to you. My logic is that these songs are pure trash, just more songs about *** with uninspired lyrics and awful production, any artist can release something like that. I simply gave my opinion on this thread, a thread you created asking for people's opinions on these songs and then you downvoted me and I wanted to know why since these songs are nothing exceptional and there are FAR better songs in the album. :raven: And I'm not hating on anyone, I just cringe when I see people stanning this kinda music.

55 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

They're not appreciated enough when people think they're overrated. I don't know if you have praised them or not cause I don't go in your profile looking for the things you post nor do I pay attention to you. My logic is that these songs are pure trash, just more songs about *** with uninspired lyrics and awful production, any artist can release something like that. I simply gave my opinion on this thread, a thread you created asking for people's opinions on these songs and then you downvoted me and I wanted to know why since these songs are nothing exceptional and there are FAR better songs in the album. :raven: And I'm not hating on anyone, I just cringe when I see people stanning this kinda music.

LMFAO, was anyone asking for you to pay attention to me? No, but here you are, asking for my attention, mentioning my name and downvoting my ****. Like get over it.  This is an artist who has literally based her entire career on *** and continues to do so by releasing uninspired *** songs about ****** and slumber parties well into her 30’s when *** doesn’t even sell like it used to, and then you want to get mad at people for praising some experimental hip-hop/beat-driven tracks off of her most experimental album that were praised by critics. My goodness, give me a break and again, stop taking everything SO literally. 

Myself, including hundreds of others on here, are fans of Britney and her urban material. She added her own unique touch to the songs with hip-hop elements like MATM, Outrageous, The Answer and IGTBB that no other artist was doing at the time. Even The Dream/Trixter took note and capitalized on Britney’s efforts which took hip-hop music and blended it with elements of pop, Middle-eastern and Asian instruments. It was genius and eventually became a signature sound for her at the time that many a-list producers started penning her more material. Now get off your delusional high horse and learn to appreciate what we had in all her prime and glory. Like **** outta here already. :rlynow:

13 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

LMFAO, was anyone asking for you to pay attention to me? No, but here you are, asking for my attention, mentioning my name and downvoting my ****. Like get over it.  This is an artist who has literally based her entire career on *** and continues to do so by releasing uninspired *** songs about ****** and slumber parties well into her 30’s when *** doesn’t even sell like it used to, and then you want to get mad at people for praising some experimental hip-hop/beat-driven tracks off of her most experimental album that were praised by critics. My goodness, give me a break and again, stop taking everything SO literally. 

Myself, including hundreds of others on here, are fans of Britney and her urban material. She added her own unique touch to the songs with hip-hop elements like MATM, Outrageous, The Answer and IGTBB that no other artist was doing at the time. Even The Dream/Trixter took note and capitalized on Britney’s efforts which took hip-hop music and blended it with elements of pop, Middle-eastern and Asian instruments. It was genius and eventually became a signature sound for her at the time. Now get off your delusional high horse and learn to appreciate what we had in all her prime and glory. Like **** outta here already. :brityeah:

Why the **** are we talking about attention now? I didn't say you asked me to pay attention to you, I said I don't pay attention to what you post and that's why I didn't know you praised those songs. Don't take what I say out of context. I didn't "downvote your ****" you downvoted what I posted ranking these 3 songs and then I mentioned you wanting to know why they're so special for you when there are way better songs on the album, it's not the first time you talk about Outrageous and Boom Boom. It's not like I'm going on your profile and downvoting everything you post. I just downvoted ONE, a single post by you in this thread.

Britney obviously has 99% of music about ***, I didn't say she didn't. I said these 2 songs are trash and have uninspired lyrics. Learn how to read. Britney didn't do anything different from other artists regarding hip-hop music, you just want to believe she did cause you're her fan.

"Get off your delusional high horse and learn to appreciate" said the person praising 2 shitty songs when they don't even deserve attention. Don't contradict yourself. I don't need to appreciate things that don't deserve f**king appreciation. It's not because Britney was at her prime, that her music was flawless. Her prime-self is known for her being a little more connected to her art and dancing her *** off, not by making good music.

MATM for sure. I know it’s unpopular on here but I’ve always loved it. I always think of the choreo whenever I hear it. Also, knowing that Brinny fought for it  makes me appreciate it even more. 

Boom Boom and Outrageous are cute too ...although O is tainted for me now knowing the R Kelly stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

Why the **** are we talking about attention now? I didn't say you asked me to pay attention to you, I said I don't pay attention to what you post and that's why I didn't know you praised those songs. Don't take what I say out of context. I didn't "downvote your ****" you downvoted what I posted ranking these 3 songs and then I mentioned you wanting to know why they're so special for you when there are way better songs on the album, it's not the first time you talk about Outrageous and Boom Boom. It's not like I'm going on your profile and downvoting everything you post. I just downvoted ONE, a single post by you in this thread.

Britney obviously has 99% of music about ***, I didn't say she didn't. I said these 2 songs are trash and have uninspired lyrics. Learn how to read. Britney didn't do anything different from other artists regarding hip-hop music, you just want to believe she did cause you're her fan.

"Get off your delusional high horse and learn to appreciate" said the person praising 2 shitty songs when they don't even deserve attention. Don't contradict yourself. I don't need to appreciate things that don't deserve f**king appreciation. It's not because Britney was at her prime, that her music was flawless. Her prime-self is known for her being a little more connected to her art and dancing her *** off, not by making good music.

Oh.....so here you are contradicting yourself saying that you don’t pay attention to what I post, yet you’re well aware it isn’t my first time praising Britney’s hip-hop tracks.

You literally downvoted a post I made to another member, then brought your attention to my name by judging this preconceived notion on my personal preference that I suddenly don’t think Toxic, BOM and TOMH aren’t the best tracks off of the album. Like, where and how in the world do you come up with logic like that? All because I’m also a fan of IGTBB and Outrageous? 

Accept the fact that others are going to have different opinions. It’s not like I’m going around bashing Toxic or TOMH when myself, and many others, are well aware those are also some of the highlights off of ITZ. Again, Britney was commended for her ability to take hip-hop beats and turn them into ****** pop songs with ITZ by the words of her producers and critics. That has nothing to do with being a fan or not.

Again, you seem to have a personal grudge or bias against Boom Boom and Outrageous that YOU, yourself, need to sort yourself out so quit taking your anger out on us and let us enjoy the songs for what they are. Imo, they are two of Britney’s most experimental, up-beat urban tracks that had replay value, were promoted and considered as single material. Britney was far more connected as an artist who, overall, made better music during her prime and peak years of 1998-2007, as well as her involvement with image and dancing so don’t try to tell me she wasn’t known for making good music. Her pop music during those years was any pop star’s dream. Toxic, Outrageous, Boom Boom, BOM, TOMH, MATM and everything else in between. 

Are you done now sweetie?

22 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Oh.....so here you are contradicting yourself saying that you don’t pay attention to what I post, yet you’re well aware it isn’t my first time praising Britney’s hip-hop tracks.

You literally downvoted a post I made to another member, then brought your attention to my name by judging this preconceived notion on my personal preference that I suddenly don’t think Toxic, BOM and TOMH aren’t the best tracks off of the album. Like, where and how in the world do you come up with logic like that? All because I’m also a fan of IGTBB and Outrageous? 

Accept the fact that others are going to have different opinions. It’s not like I’m going around bashing Toxic or TOMH when myself, and many others, are well aware those are also some of the highlights off of ITZ. Again, Britney was commended for her ability to take hip-hop beats and turn them into ****** pop songs with ITZ by the words of her producers and critics. That has nothing to do with being a fan or not.

Again, you seem to have a personal grudge or bias against Boom Boom and Outrageous that YOU, yourself, need to sort yourself out so quit taking your anger out on us and let us enjoy the songs for what they are. Imo, they are two of Britney’s most experimental, up-beat urban tracks that had replay value, were promoted and considered as single material. Britney was far more connected as an artist who, overall, made better music during her prime and peak years of 1998-2007, as well as her involvement with image and dancing so don’t try to tell me she wasn’t known for making good music. Her pop music during those years was any pop star’s dream. Toxic, Outrageous, Boom Boom, BOM, TOMH, MATM and everything else in between. 

Are you done now sweetie?

Yes, I did see your post praising these two songs cause it's a recent post, did you want me to lie? If it was a post you did last year, I wouldn't remember it at all, because I don't pay attention to what you post. 

I didn't have a notion of whether you liked Toxic, BOM, TOMH or not. I literally said you should be stanning them instead of this. By stanning, I don't mean liking them I mean defending them just like you're doing with two songs that don't deserve attention, but whatever. Learn the meaning of stan.

"Accept that others have different opinions" I never denied your opinion, YOU ILLITERATE *****,  you literally said to someone to get a new set of ears. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTING PEOPLES OPINIONS.

I downvote whatever the **** I want. It is my right to downvote posts, I'm not overdoing it, I'm not downvoting everything you post. You said something stupid I downvoted you. Simple as that.

I don't have any personal grudge/bias against these two songs, I don't even remember them in my daily life. I'm not "taking anger" on you because you don't like those two songs, it's because you're stupid and you talk too much. You need to stop discussing since you're contradicting yourself over and over. 

Are you done now sweet pie?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

Yes, I did see your post praising these two songs cause it's a recent post, did you want me to lie? If it was a post you did last year, I wouldn't remember it at all, because I don't pay attention to what you post. 

I didn't have a notion of whether you liked Toxic, BOM, TOMH or not. I literally said you should be stanning them instead of this. By stanning, I don't mean liking them I mean defending them just like you're doing with two songs that don't deserve attention, but whatever. Learn the meaning of stan.

"Accept that others have different opinions" I never denied your opinion, YOU ILLITERATE *****,  you literally said to someone to get a new set of ears. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTING PEOPLES OPINIONS.

I downvote whatever the **** I want. It is my right to downvote posts, I'm not overdoing it, I'm not downvoting everything you post. You said something stupid I downvoted you. Simple as that.

I don't have any personal grudge/bias against these two songs, I don't even remember them in my daily life. I'm not "taking anger" on you because you don't like those two songs, it's because you're stupid and you talk too much. You need to stop discussing since you're contradicting yourself over and over. 

Are you done now sweet pie?

And that is exactly why I stand by one of my initial statements that YOU, my dear, need to stop taking everything so literally as you’ve clearly proven my point by now. Suddenly, the tables have turned and you decide to make a personal attack. Literally, who the **** even are you to tell me what to stan or not on such a personal level? :deadbanana: Do you even hear yourself out? “Two songs that don’t deserve attention” Like what even? :deadbanana:You’re literally shoving down your unwanted opinion on myself and forcing anyone who’s a fan of Boom Boom and Outrageous to not pay them any attention. Girl, it isn’t that serious but congratulations on taking into my bait. Clearly someone’s heated as we can see right through them caps lock and bold text. A+ for effort though. Now go mind your own business and don’t mention me again with your idiotic, preconceived notions and paragraphs of contradictions. Capeesh, sweets?

tumblr_mwbf854nTT1qd8zg3o7_250.gif

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

And that is exactly why I stand by one of my initial statements that YOU, my dear, need to stop taking everything so literally as you’ve clearly proven my point by now. Suddenly, the tables have turned and you decide to make a personal attack. Literally, who the **** even are you to tell me what to stan or not on such a personal level? :deadbanana: Do you even hear yourself out? “Two songs that don’t deserve attention” Like what even? :deadbanana:You’re literally shoving down your unwanted opinion on myself and forcing anyone who’s a fan of Boom Boom and Outrageous to not pay them any attention. Girl, it isn’t that serious but congratulations on taking into my bait. Clearly someone’s heated as we can see right through them caps lock and bold text. A+ for effort though. Now go mind your own business and don’t mention me again with your idiotic, preconceived notions and paragraphs of contradictions. Capeesh, sweets?

The fact that you're telling me that I'm making you stan these songs even though you said to another member to get a new set of ears because they don't like these two f**king **** songs. But yes keep ignoring that.

These two songs don't deserve attention cause there's nothing special about them in my opinion. I don't need to finish every sentence with "in my opinion" for you to know that I mean that right? 

When did I shove down my unwanted opinion? You made a thread, I responded to it. Just like the other member that you attacked. If you don't want to hear our unwanted opinions don't f**king come into a forum and make threads sweetie.

The fact that you think you're shutting me down is so f**king cringy. :yelping: Get the **** outta here with your immature ***. :yelping: If anything you need to stop quoting me with your huge texts, you're frying your brain thinking about what to say next. :yelping:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

The fact that you're telling me that I'm making you stan these songs even though you said to another member to get a new set of ears because they don't like these two f**king **** songs. But yes keep ignoring that.

These two songs don't deserve attention cause there's nothing special about them in my opinion. I don't need to finish every sentence with "in my opinion" for you to know that I mean that right? 

When did I shove down my unwanted opinion? You made a thread, I responded to it. Just like the other member that you attacked. If you don't want to hear our unwanted opinions don't f**king come into a forum and make threads sweetie.

The fact that you think you're shutting me down is so f**king cringy. :yelping: Get the **** outta here with your immature ***. :yelping: If anything you need to stop quoting me with your huge texts, you're frying your brain trying to think about what to say next. :yelping:

Not you playing the victim all of a sudden! Whewww, the anger! :yelping:

Again for the fourth f**king time now, stop taking what I say so serious and literal. :yelping: This is a f**king forum where half of us are trolling 80% of the time. It’s only serious if you allow it to be.:yelping:

But since you seem to have all the time in the world to argue, let’s retract, since your micro brain can’t digest this in, shall we? 

You came into this thread, gave your opinion which is great, but then you mentioned my name and got upset that I wasn’t praising or defending other Britney songs when this thread isn’t about other Britney songs but rather a specific set as mentioned in the OP. Like.... :yelping:

And then you get heated and became a pessimistic son of a ***** by continuously repeating yourself that those songs are uninspiring, generic, trash, etc. as if it was going to change my mind or if it even mattered at that point. Then, I made a rebuttal and you resorted to a bunch of personal attacks with no solid ground.  :yelping:

Anyways....I will continue praising Boom Boom and Outrageous, as well as countless other Britney songs, and you can make your own threads praising whatever the **** you want. Like leave me the **** alone already. You are sick and borderline creepy at this point with your rigid *** opinions and feeling the need to bring something so far down in order to praise the other with your unjustifiable attacks. Do you still want to go back and forth with long *** paragraphs or are you done being a hypocrite, dear? :rlynow:

28 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Not you playing the victim all of a sudden! Whewww, the anger! :yelping:

Again for the fourth f**king time now, stop taking what I say so serious and literal. :yelping: This is a f**king forum where half of us are trolling 80% of the time. It’s only serious if you allow it to be.:yelping:

But since you seem to have all the time in the world to argue, let’s retract, since your micro brain can’t digest this in, shall we? 

You came into this thread, gave your opinion which is great, but then you mentioned my name and got upset that I wasn’t praising or defending other Britney songs when this thread isn’t about other Britney songs but rather a specific set as mentioned in the OP. Like.... :yelping:

And then you get heated and became a pessimistic son of a ***** by continuously repeating yourself that those songs are uninspiring, generic, trash, etc. as if it was going to change my mind or if it even mattered at that point. Then, I made a rebuttal and you resorted to a bunch of personal attacks with no solid ground.  :yelping:

Anyways....I will continue praising Boom Boom and Outrageous, as well as countless other Britney songs, and you can make your own threads praising whatever the **** you want. Like leave me the **** alone already. You are sick and borderline creepy at this point with your rigid *** opinions and feeling the need to bring something so far down in order to praise the other with your unjustifiable attacks. Do you still want to go back and forth with long *** paragraphs or are you done being a hypocrite, dear? :rlynow:

I mentioned your name cause you downvoted me and I thought it was funny that you are defending these two songs.  And where did I play the victim by the way? You did, you were like "omg you're like totally putting your anger into me just because I like those two songs poor me" when you were the one telling someone to get a new set of ears and telling them they need help, when you're clearly the one who needs it. I knew you were making a joke when you said to them to get a new set of ears, but I didn't find it funny neither did anyone else. :yelping:

And now you're assuming I'm mentally sick because I won't let you talk **** to me and assume it's the end of the conversation? You think you'll get the last word with these **** *** posts you've been making here. :yelping:

By the way were did I make "a bunch of personal attacks"? I said you were illiterate and stupid and you are, since you kept saying **** that I had already responded to, you can't read obviously. :yelping: BTW you can continue to praise these f**king songs I don't care, you were the one who made this even a bigger deal since you started writing big texts. :yelping:

MATM was the right choice for the lead single, the Madonna and Britney kiss had everyone talking. They followed it up with a mega-hit which was even better. 

If we’re strictly talking which song is better, in my opinion it would probably be Boom Boom. Next is Outrageous and the MATM. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

I mentioned your name cause you downvoted me and I thought it was funny that you are defending these two songs.  And where did I play the victim by the way? You did, you were like "omg you're like totally putting your anger into me just because I like those two songs poor me" when you were the one telling someone to get a new set of ears and telling them they need help, when you're clearly the one who needs it. I knew you were making a joke when you said to them to get a new set of ears, but I didn't find it funny neither did anyone else. :yelping:

And now you're assuming I'm mentally sick because I won't let you talk **** to me and assume it's the end of the conversation? You think you'll get the last word with these **** *** posts you've been making here. :yelping:

By the way were did I make "a bunch of personal attacks"? I said you were illiterate and stupid and you are, since you kept saying **** that I had already responded to, you can't read obviously. :yelping: BTW you can continue to praise these f**king songs I don't care, you were the one who made this even a bigger deal since you started writing big texts. :yelping:

Sis, omg...aren’t you literally tired of repeating yourself like a broken record? :mariahstare:

Lol. I’ve never seen anyone get so heated  and eager to bring someone down so personally over a couple of posts and rebuttals. Jesus. Get over it and move along now with those messy sentences of yours.  :begone:

18 minutes ago, MWLJ said:

MATM was the right choice for the lead single, the Madonna and Britney kiss had everyone talking. They followed it up with a mega-hit which was even better. 

If we’re strictly talking which song is better, in my opinion it would probably be Boom Boom. Next is Outrageous and the MATM. 

Definitely. I think MATM was the right choice solely based on the fact that Britney and her team wanted to capitalize on the passing down the torch and VMA moment. Success wise, I think Boom Boom would have done better as a lead but it’s also hard to say. In retrospect, Boom Boom and Outrageous are the stronger songs, however, I can’t say they would have been that much more successful than MATM. Idk tbh.

• Like 1