What If B10's lead single

none

Was something like Shadow? After a long time I finally listened to the song again, and it's actually pretty good (a bit underrated...maybe by me :orangu: ). But it'd be nice to have a more mature song even if it flops with a good awards performance.

tenor.gif?itemid=5930385BRITNEY-SPEARS-in-Billboard-Magzine-March-2015-Issue-2.jpg18928397079_d212f37e50_b.jpg

what if that song nowadays is currently singing it to primeney?

source-1.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching you disappear, but you, you were never heeeeeereeeee :crying11:

Spoiler

I've never liked that song that much :ehno: maybe because it's like too cheesy for ITZ, or I don't know, there's something a little bit obnoxious in the chorus, but I can't point what is it. 

It's not bad and the lyrics are good, but I don't know, most of the times I skip it, I probably listen to it like once every 3 months. 

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm watching you disappear, but you, you were never heeeeeereeeee :crying11:

Hide contents

I've never liked that song that much :ehno: maybe because it's like too cheesy for ITZ, or I don't know, there's something a little bit obnoxious in the chorus, but I can't point what is it. 

It's not bad and the lyrics are good, but I don't know, most of the times I skip it, I probably listen to it like once every 3 months. 

yeah that's why I rarely listen to it, it doesn't really fit in the album, maybe with Circus.

I think what's obnoxious in the chorus is her tone on "it's only your shadow" as it sounds a little nasal

I'm watching you disappear, but you...you were never here

tumblr_n583d6Px4x1qdcxoeo1_500.gifpoItpm.gif

15 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

yeah that's why I rarely listen to it, it doesn't really fit in the album, maybe with Circus.

I think what's obnoxious in the chorus is her tone on "it's only your shadow" as it sounds a little nasal

I'm watching you disappear, but you...you were never here

tumblr_n583d6Px4x1qdcxoeo1_500.gifpoItpm.gif

It's only your shadow
never yourself

Spoiler

giphy.gif

It's only your shadow
nobody else

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Spoiler

jk, I love you Brinty :sendinglove:

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's only your shadow
never yourself

Hide contents

giphy.gif

It's only your shadow
nobody else

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Hide contents

jk, I love you Brinty :sendinglove:

Your body's warm but you are not

giphy.gif
You give a little, not a lot

giphy.gif
You could be Love, until we kiss

giphy.gif
You're all I want, but not like this

giphy.gif

1. Slow / ballad songs won't work as lead singles. Make me did kind of well, now imagine a ballad. :beyfedup:

2. Ok, let's pretend it actually ends up being a great ballad. It would be embarrassing AF to see Britney doing playback at a song that requires no choreography and just her vocal talent. Unless she decides to do 100% live performances, it would be a great idea for her artistry to come out, not pre recorded vocals, no back up vocalists, 100% pure Britney voice, if not, she can keep it as a 3rd or 4th single if the era goes well enough to reach that amount of singles from one era. :donewithit:

3. It is not a bad idea though, she could release 2 simultaneous singles to reach different audiences, one uptempo smashing song to dance to and a heart breaking ballad, even the same single song could be arranged to be both styles. Back in 2011 there was a ballad version of HIAM and they both sounded great. I remember when I got the deluxe version of the GH: MP and I lived for the Everytime remix, it really felt as something I could be dancing to at a party, but we're talking about team Britney you know? :quirkney:

3 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I LOVE Shadow! Totally underrated, and it hits home with me so maybe I'm biased.

As a lead single though?:ehum: like @Million Billion said, save it for a 3rd or 4th. It would flop harder than SP and Perfume

Well honestly I wouldn't mind if she doesn't even chart on the Hot #100 AS LONG AS she does quality music, as long as we can truly say "this is Britney the artist", as long as her willingness and passion for her music shows up. If she's not willing to do this in its 200% she better go by the safe zone and release a smashing hit to dance to at a club. At least it would bring more spotlight, more chances to get more singles, actual choreography, and who wouldn't love a classic Britney empowering party anthem?  :bparty:

Archived