Jump to content

What do you like about Glory? But also, what don't you like about Glory?


Guest Diamond Horse

Recommended Posts

Guest Diamond Horse

I like about Glory - as weird as it might be in some sense - that although it has a couple of sounds, it actually makes up a somewhat cohesive whole. Maybe I am just a little unknowledgeable and noob here and don't know what the united sound theme might be. Trust me, I don't have a good orientation in genres :britdrown: 

But what I don't like about it is what might be much more obvious - there is nothing too timeless about it. Maybe some songs are more timeless than others, but in general it is nothing that would have longevity, I am sure. Am I being unfair thinking so? Discuss!

Link to comment
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

Fun fact: I think that Slumber Party is still one of the best songs off the album. I just thought it might be an unpopular opinion and many people don't find anything in this song. Although I guess some have loved it, at least in the beginning. Has the hype on it died down? From what I understand, some people find it extremely unsexy and childish.

Link to comment

Personally, I have loved the album since day one. Make Me instantly became my favourite Britney song of all time. 15 months later and this still rings true. I still get goosebumps when I hear it. That bird cawing or wtv animal noise throughout the song gives me life still to this day.  I admit to loving Private Show without shame. What You Neyde is actually a really fun song to sing along to while driving. :mattafact: I can understand why many don't like those two songs though.

The only "downfall" for me, if I have to say something negative, is Just Luv Me and Just like me. It's the only songs that I find myself skipping from time to time. I find them to be really boring. 

Oher than that, it remains my favourite britney album of all time. I still listen to it in full once a week. Blackout and In the Zone are right after (in this order). Holy trinity indeed. 

Link to comment

Positive: I think it's a great album minus Snoozefest party, Poop Show and Carpet electrique. The album has some serious vocals on it. Songs like Just Luv me went to waste. 

Negative: I hate how Barney let her obnoxious cheesiness ruin a perfectly sensual song like Make me ooh. I hate how she butchered everything that has to do with that song and era. The album photoshoot, the performances, the VMA's, the video.. This could have turned out to be a great era had she continued with the V magazine look and style. She could have taken this opportunity to learn different styles of choreography like Salsa to fit CYM or learned Burlesque to go with Make me ooh. She could have split the performances into vocals and choreography. WYN can become annoying after a while but nobody can deny her effort in showcasing her vocals on there. I hate how she made me resent her this era. It was shaping up to be a great era with the **** V magazine photoshoot, the MM cover, the MM footage, her E! interview on the set of Make Me, her gorgeous body, her renewed confidence, her BBMA performance..  

I don't know what's wrong with her. It's like she keeps making an effort to get worse. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sharkney said:

Personally, I have loved the album since day one. Make Me instantly became my favourite Britney song of all time. 15 months later and this still rings true. I still get goosebumps when I hear it. That bird cawing or wtv animal noise throughout the song gives me life still to this day.  I admit to loving Private Show without shame. What You Neyde is actually a really fun song to sing along to while driving. :mattafact: I can understand why many don't like those two songs though.

The only "downfall" for me, if I have to say something negative, is Just Luv Me and Just like me. It's the only songs that I find myself skipping from time to time. I find them to be really boring. 

Oher than that, it remains my favourite britney album of all time. I still listen to it in full once a week. Blackout and In the Zone are right after (in this order). Holy trinity indeed. 

How can you dont like just luv me :disbelief: pure eargasm :flawless:

Link to comment

it was a new direction for britney but the sound was already death on arrival since at the time of release everyone was doing the sound so nothing truly innovative, but i give britney props for actually trying this time. but i hope b10 is more innovative or actually introduces a whole new sound to the industry like in the zone and blackout did.

Link to comment

This thread made me realize...

Both Britney and Madonna have fallen into the trap of allowing the album producers to run the show instead of the artists setting the trends themselves.

Madonna redeemed herself with Rebel Heart, but William Orbit was right about MDNA. That album was rushed because of the Super Bowl and shooting the movie W, so the producers ended up running the show and the results were terrible. Madonna was already going down a bad path with Hard Candy, and then she really lost control with MDNA. I understand that her money is in selling concert tickets, but if the album itself isn't a reflection of her brand then the tour won't be as solid as it could be either. Luckily Madonna has a huge back catalogue to rely on, but the MDNA era really hurt her credibility in terms of remaining a relevant artist.

Britney has gone down the same path, and is all the worse for it. Circus was a true reflection of the Britney brand, but Femme Fatale is almost unlistenable to me now because it was so trendy. Songs that could have been timeless now sound quite dated. Luckily it has some huge bangers on it, so it will still hold up compared to the rest of her back catalogue. BJ then fell into the MDNA trap, where the producers ended up taking the reins because Britney and her Team were too focused on Vegas and ticket sales. And while Glory is a bit of a return to form, much like Rebel Heart was for Madonna, it's still too trendy to be on-brand for a Britney album. Britney herself clearly had to fight just to bring Karen Kwak into the mix, so good for her for doing that. But there was still way too much focus on Glory being on-trend, as opposed to it being on-brand. I'm not sure that Glory or BJ will hold up compared to the rest of Britney's catalogue.

 

Link to comment

Love some of the songs like Just Like Me, Invitation, I like How she ventured a little deeper into themes like mental issues, and Being done with a guy. She sounds very present.

 

I really disliked the fact that she didn’t do anything more original, and just hopped on the trends. That she didn’t seem to really enjoy the album (lack of promotion), and How they just handles everything badly this era. I hate the fact that If I’m dancing exists, like I pretend she didn’ t create that..

Link to comment
  • Deactivated
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Positive: It's got a few good songs on it, and we can finally hear her real voice.

Negative: I find it really disjointed, and on some of the songs her voice is so pitched that it's unlistenable. I'm over the baby voice. Don't care if I ever hear it again.

 

3 hours ago, Britney's Blackout said:

Positive: I think it's a great album minus Snoozefest party, Poop Show and Carpet electrique. The album has some serious vocals on it. Songs like Just Luv me went to waste. 

Negative: I hate how Barney let her obnoxious cheesiness ruin a perfectly sensual song like Make me ooh. I hate how she butchered everything that has to do with that song and era. The album photoshoot, the performances, the VMA's, the video.. This could have turned out to be a great era had she continued with the V magazine look and style. She could have taken this opportunity to learn different styles of choreography like Salsa to fit CYM or learned Burlesque to go with Make me ooh. She could have split the performances into vocals and choreography. WYN can become annoying after a while but nobody can deny her effort in showcasing her vocals on there. I hate how she made me resent her this era. It was shaping up to be a great era with the **** V magazine photoshoot, the MM cover, the MM footage, her E! interview on the set of Make Me, her gorgeous body, her renewed confidence, her BBMA performance..  

I don't know what's wrong with her. It's like she keeps making an effort to get worse. 

mte

Link to comment

LOVE:
-The album itself is amazing! We got 18 tracks and they are all so good and unique. I'm so glad she was so involved and experimented and co-wrote a lot of tracks.
-Slumber Party music video was her best since WB.

LIKE:
-MM music video. Don't get me started - long story short, I don't mind the video except the product placements and the cheesy moments (like the old dude).
-The performances. MM, DYCO and SP are all okay performances but not amazing.
-That she performed at VMAs again. It needed to happen. However, I didn't love it bc it wasn't amazing.

HATE:
-That they barely promoted it.
-That they made it all about Vegas again.
-That they cut it short with only 2 singles.
-That they released MM and SP as the first two singles (GP doesn't care about her slower material, they should have released a fast song like DYCO as 2nd single).
-Album cover and booklet
-Only got 3 live performances/no tour

Link to comment

I love the pure pop leaning tracks with more energy like Clumsy, Hard To Forget Ya and Liar. I love Britney’s vocal efforts on Private Show and What You Need; the end of What You Need honestly makes me smile because she just sounds like she’s had a blast laying the track down. I love the storytelling of Just Like Me and Man On the Moon. Overall, I love the content of the record. 

I hate the title “Glory” because it has nothing to do with the album and ever since she said “oh I just let my son name it” I’ve been agitated. It’s tacky and a title like “Private Show” or “Invitation” would have been much more fitting and attention grabbing. I hate the lack of “Britney” in the album campaign and wish upbeat songs like Do You Wanna Come Over, Love Me Down and Clumsy had been pushed instead of the trendy midtempo singles that we got. I hate them even more because they are cheap, awful collabs - G-Eazy’s Make Me verse is corny and Tinashe ruins Slumber Party for me. I barely watch the videos from Glory because they don’t even feel like Britney videos. In general, I find Make Me, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party and Better desperate attempts to sound current. 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Diamond Horse said:

Fun fact: I think that Slumber Party is still one of the best songs off the album. I just thought it might be an unpopular opinion and many people don't find anything in this song. Although I guess some have loved it, at least in the beginning. Has the hype on it died down? From what I understand, some people find it extremely unsexy and childish.

I swear only Britney fans have a issue with Slumber Party. All my friends, even the non Britney fans, loved this song. I think it could have been big for her had it been handled right. 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

I swear only Britney fans have a issue with Slumber Party. All my friends, even the non Britney fans, loved this song. I think it could have been big for her had it been handled right. 

this is true slumber party if handled and promoted correclty would have smashed but ofcourse her team did not promote it or even forgot buying advertisement slots on big platforms to let people know it exist.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block