Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 2:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Mona Lisa


Livin4art

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

The songs we have heard from OD are very iffy. 

Some are way better than others but most of them would not have made a strong album.

Also would have made an impact to possibly not get BO (which is obsessed over on here

I do love ML and it's eerie that it all happened to her 

What have we heard from OD tho?

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Then there wasn't really even an OD. 

It just was a few songs which her label did release 

There was an initial Album 5 concept that Britney had under the working title Original Doll, I doubt Mona Lisa was the only song recorded or considered for the record in that late 2004 period. I think that OD was going to be mostly ITZ leftovers with some tweaks and a few new tracks. That’s just my speculation though.

Everything was scrapped after she got pregnant and took that hiatus though. She started fresh in March 2006 for Blackout.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

There was an initial Album 5 concept that Britney had under the working title Original Doll, I doubt Mona Lisa was the only song recorded or considered for the record in that late 2004 period. I think that OD was going to be mostly ITZ leftovers with some tweaks and a few new tracks. That’s just my speculation though.

Everything was scrapped after she got pregnant and took that hiatus though. She started fresh in March 2006 for Blackout.

Makes sense but I just don't feel like it would have been that strong. Mona Lisa prob would have had a good video though. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Makes sense but I just don't feel like it would have been that strong. Mona Lisa prob would have had a good video though. 

Honestly, I feel like she did have a pretty cool concept that would have been realized. I’m thinking something ala Lana Del Rey, but a bit more electronic. She would have rolled with the whole Mona Lisa / death of my old self / reincarnation type of thing. Especially because she was still into Kaballah at the time thanks to Madonna. She was just overworked and not in the best place. Then after the pregnancy, the grounds for 2007 started taking place so by that point she was over it and started fresh with songs dealing with her fame and the media’s obsessions.

Link to comment
32 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Then there wasn't really even an OD. 

It just was a few songs which her label did release 

Mona Lisa and Someday were the only OD songs that were officially released, I think some of the songs Michelle claims were written for ITZ were actually for OD she's just lying tbh......like Money Love And Happiness is 100% an OD leftover I don't care what she says the subject matter is way too rebellious for ITZ and fits with the whole theme Mona Lisa was going for!

Also I'd just like to say that the demo lyrics to Mona Lisa are so much better than the official lyrics, they are deeper and have more impact! 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

.like Money Love And Happiness is 100% an OD leftover I don't care what she says the subject matter is way too rebellious for ITZ and fits with the whole theme Mona Lisa was going for!

 

 ML&H was registered long before TOD was even a thing, along with Take Off, Tell Me What You're Sippin' On 

Link to comment
On 10/28/2017 at 11:37 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

We’re talking about an album with songs about ************, ***, one night stands and hangovers. How exactly is MLH “too rebellious”? :orangu: 

It takes a direct aim at fame/hollywood and what not, too me it seems too rebellious for ITZ......ITZ to me focuses more on her becoming an adult tbh and it seemed that OD was going to be about the dark side of fame....I mean look at Mona Lisa! 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block