Britney's contract with RCA

TheGloryBritney

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she renewed her contract with them right before BJ, I'm pretty sure that when Jive dissolved and RCA attained most of their artists that they renegotiated their contracts.  It's possible that B10 could be the last studio album in her contract with them, but she may be obligated to release some other sort of compilation album with them. I think RCA did B In The Mix 2 to sort of end her contract she had signed with Jive so they could resign her with a fresh contract. We never know anymore how many albums she gets signed for, Jive shortened her contract during the Blackout era because she was such a mess and they were thinking of dropping her (which is ridiculous) so that's why I'm pretty sure B In The Mix 2 fulfilled her last contract before the current one!  

It’s rumored that Britney Jean ended her original contract with jive for 8 studio albums. Then she signed a new contract for an additional 4, making Glory the first in that new contract. So she still has 3 more to fulfill her commitment. 

But who really knows, it’s all speculation at this point since we don’t know the specifics of her contract. 

3 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think she renewed her contract with them right before BJ, I'm pretty sure that when Jive dissolved and RCA attained most of their artists that they renegotiated their contracts.  It's possible that B10 could be the last studio album in her contract with them, but she may be obligated to release some other sort of compilation album with them. I think RCA did B In The Mix 2 to sort of end her contract she had signed with Jive so they could resign her with a fresh contract. We never know anymore how many albums she gets signed for, Jive shortened her contract during the Blackout era because she was such a mess and they were thinking of dropping her (which is ridiculous) so that's why I'm pretty sure B In The Mix 2 fulfilled her last contract before the current one!  

She renewed it in 2014. BJ was her last in the original contact with JIVE that was carried over to RCA. Glory is the first album under the new contract.

https://www.popdust.com/britney-spears-renews-record-contract-with-rca-starts-writing-new-musi-1890036114.amp.html

1 minute ago, chanse84 said:

Back when it happened, I feel like I read 4 albums with one possibly being a compilation or remix album. But unfortunately I don’t have receipts. 

Her compilation record is messy. GH and BITM were amazing but everything after wasn’t handled the best way.

TSC had the cool box set but the actual album should have included more key tracks, not to mention two more extra songs like GH.

BITM2 was a disaster, no new songs, pretty shitty choices.

She signed for 4 more albums, with more creative control and final says than any of her contracts before. She said not on a set limit to release she's got them at her own pace. Glory was the first so she has 3 left. 

As for the Make Me video... I'm pretty sure it being scrapped had to have been okayed by the label heads so let's let it go. 

Im so bored of reading about it. 

1 minute ago, NotAPassenger said:

She signed for 4 more albums, with more creative control and final says than any of her contracts before. She said not on a set limit to release she's got them at her own pace. Glory was the first so she has 3 left. 

As for the Make Me video... I'm pretty sure it being scrapped had to have been okayed by the label heads so let's let it go. 

There's literally nothing else to talk about... we are talking about the lead of the current era that happened 1 year ago, not why they scrapped the When your eyes say it video

1 minute ago, NotAPassenger said:

It was allowed to be shelved probably because of that creative control clause. Like I said before with post Blackout Britney there’s always a catch. Red cupcake blue cupcake, yin and yang, whatever you want to call it. :rihclap:

See, I don't realy get what's the real deal is with RCA. They released only two singles from Glory and no other two because she wasn't doing a world tour, promoting it more or because it wasn't selling well or whatever the reason...

Iggy Azelia was complaining they didn't allowed her release a third single from her album because of poor album sell or whatever, but then there are other artist on RCA like Chris Brown who releases an album and five music videos straight away and he doesn't promote much either and tours only in US since he's not allowed in europe and many other countries because of his criminal record. And he's selling no better than Britney these days.

So who knows. I miss JIVE when they would release 4-5 singles and the actual single CD's.

11 minutes ago, Plaidatlo said:

See, I don't realy get what's the real deal is with RCA. They released only two singles from Glory and no other two because she wasn't doing a world tour, promoting it more or because it wasn't selling well or whatever the reason...

Iggy Azelia was complaining they didn't allowed her release a third single from her album because of poor album sell or whatever, but then there are other artist on RCA like Chris Brown who releases an album and five music videos straight away and he doesn't promote much either and tours only in US since he's not allowed in europe and many other countries because of his criminal record. And he's selling no better than Britney these days.

So who knows. I miss JIVE when they would release 4-5 singles and the actual single CD's.

Because Britney doesn’t want to promote... the problem isn’t RCA. It’s Britney.

3 hours ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

what u guys think about this?

is it true?

Is this actually a good thing for her?

100% necessary and justified. I’m surprised they haven’t told her to get her **** together sooner. It’s about time people stopped walking on eggshells around her because of what happened ten years ago

Archived