(POLL): Which is the better album: In the Zone or Blackout?

jamesedward94

Which is the better album: In the Zone or Blackout?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the Zone: The last (and best) album of primeney that was her most mature yet. Features first single with Madonna, “Me Against the Music”, her most popular hit, “Toxic”, and her best ballad, “Everytime”. Also includes fan favorites “Breathe on Me” and “Touch of My Hand”. This is the most involved Britney has been with an album to date.  

Blackout: Britney’s complete reinvention created during the midst of her public breakdown. Features lead single and hit, “Gimme More” with iconic line, “It’s Britney *****!”, and includes the give no eff’s “Piece of Me”. Britney was less involved with Blackout than previous efforts, but with immaculate and “next level” production, this album became her most cohesive.

ONCE AND FOR ALL: Which is best?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both are great (my top two favorite albums of hers), but my #1 favorite is Blackout, which I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping a single track. Songs like "Break the Ice," "Heaven on Earth," "Ooh Ooh Baby," and "Gimme More" never get old for me, while I was already lowkey sick of MATM a month or so after its debut (although the MV is great, and the two subsequent singles are flawless and arguably among her very best).

So overall, it's a really close contest between the two albums, but the cohesiveness of BO edges it ahead of ITZ for me personally. But honestly, since both are so good, I can't fault anyone for choosing alternatively. :soyeah:

Anyone with actual taste will tell you "In The Zone" and it remains the superior album. More diverse production, no chipmunk vocals, and just overall better craftsmenship. It has an overall pleasant and refreshing vibe which reflected a moment in time where she had fully transitioned into taking risks with less song structured material and focusing on edgier material while still using catchy melodies. Bollywood-inspired/Middle-Eastern/Asian influences, African style, trance material, Hip-Hop and heartfelt ballads that she personally composed. Plus, it birthed one of the greatest moments of her career aka "Toxic". I mean what more could you want from a Britney album..  :otears:

There really isn't any bad song on that album, maybe other than The Hook Up and Brave New Girl whereas Blackout has more fillers imo.

Archived