What Britney Revelations, if any, have you had while High? Here's my post ITZ era...

Joey Angel

This was during the Hurricane we had here in Houston...(H-Town Baby!!)

I was smoking weed and I like to listen to music and get new meanings out of them sometimes...

So I'm listening to "Sugarfall" and I've always wondered WHO the songs was referencing, all these years I kinda figured it was about Kevin after they broke up. But when I was high it just hit me that it's about Britney & Kevin BEFORE they officially got together. My mind was BLOOOOWN!

So then I was thinking about the time between ITZ and Blackout and how basically there could of been an era to fit maybe a small EP for Britney to take her career to a different level. So heres my breakdown of it:

The songs on this EP are going to feature Britney's natural voice. Mostly simplistic production so that way they have a possibility to be performed live. I was thinking about how Mariah did that 'Through The Rain' Special for MTV and thought a small selection of songs for Britney to perform live wouldve been amazing.

Sugarfall has a very dreamy, other worldy sound and we have a good amount of tracks that were produced either DURING or between BO and ITZ that could be used.

Tracklist: 

1. Rebellion: (I know a lot of you are sick of this song but just follow me)

How does it fit? -Controversial, this era would be the first path to Britney shedding the blonde pop archetype she was Pre-Blackout.

2. Dramatic-

How does it fit? -   Ifyou have the version with the "Castlevania" intro then it might make sense to you. A song MAYBE about Justin, being over him and being so DRAH-MA-TIC! Maybe the track to get a music video. Very Dark, kinda vampy vibes...Black Hair that we love so much.

3.  Welcome To Me-

How does it fit? - A very mellow, ****** song. Sounds like you're cruising at midnight on the highway with Brit. Exploring sexuality, new relationships etc...Simple production, can be sung live, so it fits IMO...

4. Over To You Know-

How does it fit? -  Another dreamy, Outerworld sound...fits in with the THEME although the production is heavy on synths, its more upbeat than other tracks but Britneys not doing too many vocal gymnastics here.

5. Sugarfall- 

How does it fit? - Okay the whole reason I'm writing this long *** post. The beginning of Britney and Kevin: kevin has a baby mama but he and brit can't let go of the connection they have with each other. All the rumors of who he really is and being a scumbag all addressed in this song.

6. Outta This World-

How does it fit? - A nice love song. Two lovers finding each other. For the sake of the theme and mood we could say its about how she felt about Kevin OR even Justin at the height of her relationships with each. Afterall after all Justin and Kevin are the two relationships that probably carry the most significance in Brits life.

7. Why Should I Be Sad? - 

How does it fit?  - The aftermath of the entire Kevin era. It speaks for its self as far as the message. The production fits in with the other tracks that wouldve come with this album/EP.

Disclaimer: I didn't heavily research any of the songs I mentioned as far as when they were produced. I just went off of what I've seen here and random memory. Its just an idea I had of a Britney era before Blackout, where she could sing live and be a little more in depth and personal. Just a timeline between Justin and Kevin.

If you have anything to add, or find any plot holes in this please do share!!!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived