The Urban World should respect Brit

Black_Out

Its funny that Brit isn't more accepted in the Urban world as she has been releasing Urban style pop since Slave. Not to mention with the exception of a couple artists like JT, KFed (:gross:), Don P, Kesha, Miley, Iggy, Jamie Lynn, Giorgio Moroder, Madonna, and G Eazy, the rest of her collabs have been with all black men in the urban scene. Plus Iggy tries to appeal to the urban world, and Miley was doing the same when they collabed.

Pharrell Williams, Full Force, Ying Yang Twins, Nelly, AC, Danja, Sabi, Tinashe, Will.I.Am, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Hit Boy, Waka Flocka, Flame, Lil Wayne, T.I.

Britney, ITZ, Blackout, BJ, & Glory have also all featured urban songs. She should really be respected more in this genre.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Urban World" lol Yeah I think everybody who listens to "Urban" music is going to appreciate the beat of "Slave" or "Boys" because it's good and catchy. same with "Blackout". And she's not appropriating black culture the way some artists do, she always that kind of natural effortless groovy vibe, dancing like Janet Jackson, and she has some vocal similarities with Brandy, or Toni Braxton when she goes deep. And I think R'n'b, Soul, Hip-Hop influences suits her more than EDM/Pop.

You can't be serious with this.

LOOK at the examples you posted: Urban radio doesn't support Nicki's pop singles so her feature with Britney is irrelevant. Same for Will.I.Am who is not respected within the urban genre. The Rihanna feature was a pop song that didn't get much if any urban support. Britney's music is just too pop for her to really get respect or acceptance in that genre. Firstly look at how we largely disregard vocally thin singers like Ciara, Tinashe, ect. 

For what Britney does she has a decent amount of acknowledgement from people who mainly listen to urban music. Most people are like me, like some songs but for the most part kind of indifferent 

7 minutes ago, TeenSuccubus said:

:nobitch:  :nobitch:She is respected...A LOT of hip hop artists love and respect her already...maybe you just don't read up on it:flawlessbye:

Lmao I dont need to read up on anything. I was raised with an older teenage brother in the 90s who listened to Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Geto Boys, ect. Artists like Rihanna and Nicki are way more respected in the Urban world yet they release pop and rnb music. Britney imo does not get credited like others and she has plenty of music to support it.

4 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

Lmao I dont need to read up on anything. I was raised with an older teenage brother in the 90s who listened to Wu Tang, Mobb Deep, Geto Boys, ect. Artists like Rihanna and Nicki are way more respected in the Urban world yet they release pop and rnb music. Britney imo does not get credited like others and she has plenty of music to support it.

:weirdmeout::weirdmeout: wait are you black?

Archived