(Just for fun) My idea for Man on the Moon music video

I_Need_Me

Okay, I've had an idea for a music video for MOTM for quite some time now and since we all know that WONT be happening, I thought that I would share my idea with everyone just to kind of give a visual about how amazing my idea would have been if they hired me to direct it :wontcry:

So pretty much it has a very Baz Lurhmann feel to it (Moulin Rouge!).  It's set in the late 1800's possibly in Paris or Venice at an opera house.  (This first part is before the song starts and there is some dialogue for about a minute or two) Britney is out walking with this cute guy she likes in the gardens outside the opera house and she feels as if this guy may like her as well.  But then he says something about how he can't wait to see this one woman perform in the opera they are about to watch and Britney gets the feeling that he is in love with this woman more than her.  So he tells Britney that he will see her after the show.  They both walk in (cue the song).

The guy sits up in one of those balcony box seats and the shape of it with the light shining out from behind him looks like a man on the moon.  Britney is down below in the regular seats looking up at him.  The performance begins and there are people doing ballet in elaborate costumes dressed as stars and the theme of the opera is night (outer space).  Then we see the star of the show, she is dressed in an ornate costume a bright glistening star, the biggest one on the stage (almost a reminiscent of the star that Britney sits on in the music video for Lucky) .  Britney can see that the guy is entranced by this woman (she can't compete with the stars in the sky, she's invisible).

We see flashbacks of when Britney and this guy were having romantic walks together, eating at parties, laughing.  And then towards the end of the song, Britney imagines herself as the "star" on the stage, performing and singing and getting this guys attention. As the song is ending, it goes back to Britney in the audience looking up at the "man on the moon" and dreaming of him.

I don't know what everyone would think about that, but I just decided to have a little fun with it since we won't be getting a music video for this :crying11: It is one of my favorite songs on Glory :crying4:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MaPlayz said:

I absolutely love it. It's very old-world, yet out-of-the-box and fitting for the song. Also the soft narrative of the plot fits the lightness of the song perfectly. Awesome job, you should send it over to Larry tbh.. :yay:

Thank you! :kiss: I should send it over just to see what would happen haha

Just now, Girl On The Moon said:

You explain things really well in writing so it's easy to create the pictures in my mind. Awesome idea btw, it goes perfectly with the theming of the song. :)

Yeah, creative writing has always been something I felt was my strong suit.  Should have gone to school to be a writer/director... :decisions:

So it's not only me who imagines videos for album songs!!! I have a really good idea too!!

I think MOTM should have some sort of inspiration taken from Oops, the video is set in Space and Britney plays an Alien who falls in love with an spaceman (sounds stupid I know :gloria:  but in my head the idea looks flawless)

So she'll have a look similar to the nearly naked red outfit she had in the original Make Me video but it'll be silver and she'll have glitter all up the side of her face

I keep imagining an intimate scene and Britney is speaking into his ear ''patience darling wait for the night, darkness comes and love comes alive'' :carpoolney:

5 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

Yeah, creative writing has always been something I felt was my strong suit.  Should have gone to school to be a writer/director... :decisions:

I always felt the same thing about Design and I actually went to school for it for a while, however I felt like they teach you to do things a certain way and I felt it stopped my creativity. So I switched my major and went to school for Advertising instead and I continued designing on my own, and now I have a job where I get to do both. So don't think your chance of being a writer is lost. If you feel strong and passionate in that area of your life then by all means pursue it. 

4 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

So it's not only me who imagines videos for album songs!!! I have a really good idea too!!

I think MOTM should have some sort of inspiration taken from Oops, the video is set in Space and Britney plays an Alien who falls in love with an spaceman (sounds stupid I know :gloria:  but in my head the idea looks flawless)

So she'll have a look similar to the nearly naked red outfit she had in the original Make Me video but it'll be silver and she'll have glitter all up the side of her face

I keep imagining an intimate scene and Britney is speaking into his ear ''patience darling wait for the night, darkness comes and love comes alive'' :carpoolney:

I love that idea as well! I like that it is set in space and plays homage to one of her most popular music videos from her prime.  Love your costume idea as well.  :clap: 

And yes, my best friend and I love to think up ideas for songs that don't have music videos. She actually had a really good idea for the song Cinderella :plzexplain: 

2 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I always felt the same thing about Design and I actually went to school for it for a while, however I felt like they teach you to do things a certain way and I felt it stopped my creativity. So I switched my major and went to school for Advertising instead and I continued designing on my own, and now I have a job where I get to do both. So don't think your chance of being a writer is lost. If you feel strong and passionate in that area of your life then by all means pursue it. 

Sometimes it is so much better to do our own thing instead of the ideas they give us.  I always felt that way about school, even though I love learning.  I always preferred to learn what I wanted on my own time and not on the teachers time.

Good for you for finding a career that you enjoy that incorporates your passion! :) Not many people are able to do that anymore.

9 minutes ago, I_Need_Me said:

I love that idea as well! I like that it is set in space and plays homage to one of her most popular music videos from her prime.  Love your costume idea as well.  :clap: 

And yes, my best friend and I love to think up ideas for songs that don't have music videos. She actually had a really good idea for the song Cinderella :plzexplain: 

Cinderella is amazing song sis! :carpoolney:

Archived