Tokyo Concert 6/4: My experience (pics of merchandise)

Magnet

This was my first time seeing Britney! Also, the crowd in Japan is quite different, so I want to share my experience with you guys!

It feels so weird finally seeing her especially after being on exhale all these years and watching so many of her performances online, and I recommend everyone to go watch her show, even if it’s just cheap tickets, just to experience what it’s like seeing her in person. Even though I’ve seen the show hundreds of times online to the point that I knew every move and gesture off by heart, being there in person is so different because your perception changes. Now I’m aware she isn’t very high energy, but seeing her in person was worth it.

The audience in Japan: So it was obvious most people weren’t ‘stans’ because when NO SEAS GODTEZ came on nobody knew the words and beat and people acted like it was the first time they heard it

People were really positive though, they screamed, clapped and jumped during most songs especially the old hits. Quite a few people dressed up in Britney costumes as well which was cute. It was also really interesting to see many Japanese parents who are fans and brought their children along! Most people who attended were over 30 I'd say, and many in their 40s. People were sitting in the beginning so I was worried at first but as soon as WB started EVERYONE stood up and screamed, I cried like a little sissy :sobbing: I was jumping too much so my videos suck, but I noticed while there were some people recording, they recorded not very often and not everybody had their cellphones out. 

Britney performing: She looked flawless in person. Her hair looked amazing throughout the whole show until the end. She didn’t wear the mask during slave. Slave was probably my fav, when they rolled her in on the pole (lmao budget cuts :jackk:) she looked really poised and was feeling it. TOMH was also great, you can tell she loves performing this number, her vibe reminded me of onyxney. The flooreography in slumber party was also really sharp and better than most performers nowadays. She didn’t do the backflip during touch of my hand tho, im not sure if thats because they took it out for the tour or because she made a mistake, because when it was supposed to happen her dancer kind of nudged her like she was standing in the wrong place, and then he just lifted her leg up instead. I thought that was a shame because the Japanese audience would have really appreciated that. She spiced some of her moves up a little, which was nice. What I didn’t expect was what the kind of vibe she gives off when you see her perform. It feels very ‘closed in’ and protective of herself, but there’s also something very regal about her.

During the part when she talked, she said something like “you guys are amazing I love this crowd!” Then after she turned away and walked off she added “so different.” the way she said it seemed like shade towards the Vegas crowd lmao :letitburn:

Seeing Britney: So most of y’all have probably experienced this or do not care but seriously the moment WB started and she came out I was freaking out, was literally shaking and crying, unfortunately I don’t have many pics and videos cause my boyfriend apparently thought it would be funnier to record me ugly-crying instead so I’m gonna spare you guys :juggingu:

Merch:
They sold like 6 types of shirts, two towels and some hair ties and a key chain, and a tote bag which I didn't get cuz it looked basic

the premium tickets came with "goods" which was basically a cotton bag that looks like I made it myself and this plastic card

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Magnet said:

This was my first time seeing Britney! Also, the crowd in Japan is quite different, so I want to share my experience with you guys!

It feels so weird finally seeing her especially after being on exhale all these years and watching so many of her performances online, and I recommend everyone to go watch her show, even if it’s just cheap tickets, just to experience what it’s like seeing her in person. Even though I’ve seen the show hundreds of times online to the point that I knew every move and gesture off by heart, being there in person is so different because your perception changes. Now I’m aware she isn’t very high energy, but seeing her in person was worth it.

The audience in Japan: So it was obvious most people weren’t ‘stans’ because when NO SEAS GODTEZ came on nobody knew the words and beat and people acted like it was the first time they heard it

People were really positive though, they screamed, clapped and jumped during most songs especially the old hits. Quite a few people dressed up in Britney costumes as well which was cute. It was also really interesting to see many Japanese parents who are fans and brought their children along! Most people who attended were over 30 I'd say, and many in their 40s. People were sitting in the beginning so I was worried at first but as soon as WB started EVERYONE stood up and screamed, I cried like a little sissy :sobbing: I was jumping too much so my videos suck, but I noticed while there were some people recording, they recorded not very often and not everybody had their cellphones out. 

Britney performing: She looked flawless in person. Her hair looked amazing throughout the whole show until the end. She didn’t wear the mask during slave. Slave was probably my fav, when they rolled her in on the pole (lmao budget cuts :jackk:) she looked really poised and was feeling it. TOMH was also great, you can tell she loves performing this number, her vibe reminded me of onyxney. The flooreography in slumber party was also really sharp and better than most performers nowadays. She didn’t do the backflip during touch of my hand tho, im not sure if thats because they took it out for the tour or because she made a mistake, because when it was supposed to happen her dancer kind of nudged her like she was standing in the wrong place, and then he just lifted her leg up instead. I thought that was a shame because the Japanese audience would have really appreciated that. She spiced some of her moves up a little, which was nice. What I didn’t expect was what the kind of vibe she gives off when you see her perform. It feels very ‘closed in’ and protective of herself, but there’s also something very regal about her.

During the part when she talked, she said something like “you guys are amazing I love this crowd!” Then after she turned away and walked off she added “so different.” the way she said it seemed like shade towards the Vegas crowd lmao :letitburn:

Seeing Britney: So most of y’all have probably experienced this or do not care but seriously the moment WB started and she came out I was freaking out, was literally shaking and crying, unfortunately I don’t have many pics and videos cause my boyfriend apparently thought it would be funnier to record me ugly-crying instead so I’m gonna spare you guys :juggingu:

Merch:
They sold like 6 types of shirts, two towels and some hair ties and a key chain, and a tote bag which I didn't get cuz it looked basic

the premium tickets came with "goods" which was basically a cotton bag that looks like I made it myself and this plastic card

So happy for you and that you enjoyed it! :giggleney: 

17 minutes ago, Catalin said:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.I'm glad you liked the show.

15 minutes ago, skkskk said:

So happy for you and that you enjoyed it! :giggleney: 

14 minutes ago, Denise said:

omg thank you so much... I'm so glad that you liked it... :carpoolney::kisses:

10 minutes ago, weedly said:

So happy for you :brit:

thank you you guys are so sweet :bigkiss:

14 minutes ago, gerol said:

I was basically asking anyone what are the "goods" in the Premium ticket.. And THANK YOU for making this thread :unbelievableney:

am wondering where do they get this mini folder? 

Hope you enjoy the Osaka date let me know how it went! They didn't sell that folder in the merch section but perhaps it came with one of the CDs? Or when buying the ticket from a certain website? Japanese sales often give away those folders Ive noticed

13 minutes ago, LANA B QUEEN said:

glad that you liked it i remeber i saw her first time in 2009 circus tour i was only  12 i was shocked couldn't believe that i was there it was awesome

we need positive threads like this thank you for sharing 

Wow I wish I could've seen Circus that must have been so amazing, especially since no DVD came out.. and tbh I'm the kind of stan who acknowledges all the issues and I do get meltdowns at times but credit needs to be given when its due and her show here was very successful and received really well! 

10 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hope you enjoy the Osaka date let me know how it went! They didn't sell that folder in the merch section but perhaps it came with one of the CDs? Or when buying the ticket from a certain website? Japanese sales often give away those folders Ive noticed

YES thank you! I'll create a post regarding my experience next week :cinderellaney:.

IM SO F HYPED right now! I should be sleeping now for my early flight tomorrow.. oh well! IM JUST SUPER EXCITED :unbelievableney:

Just now, gerol said:

YES thanks you! I'll create a post regarding my experience next week :cinderellaney:.

IM SO F HYPED right now! I should be sleeping now for my early flight tomorrow.. oh well! IM JUST SUPER EXCITED :unbelievableney:

wow where are you flying in from?? I'm so excited for you!! Im actually considering buying a ticket off of someone for front row tickets in Osaka but its like 5x the premium price :juggingu:

1 minute ago, Magnet said:

wow where are you flying in from?? I'm so excited for you!! Im actually considering buying a ticket off of someone for front row tickets in Osaka but its like 5x the premium price :juggingu:

I'm coming from Manila (Philippines). I'm supposed to watch the concert here in my country but the good seats are already sold out the first hour it became available. 

woah! 5x i guess is not worth it 

Archived