Can Caper (Baby Can't You See)

Lucky's Bitch

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg this song man..... my childhood  :mcry:

Tbh I always drank pepsi and preferred it over coke, but when Britney made it iconic to drink pepsi I basically saw the commercial, got some pepsi and listened to Britney on my walkman on the bus home from school like a boss  :sippingtea:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

@Lucky's *****

Can Caper is a song recorded for another Pepsi ad in 2001. Commercial was scrapped though.

Baby Can't You See is a ballad recorded for the Britney sessions. Produced by The Neptunes.

yup this.

baby can't you see was listed on the neptunes site under their credits with britney as the performer. who knows if it evolved into something else (another song that we already know and the lyrics changed and no longer include baby can't you see) or if it's its own song that just never saw the light of day. the same thing happened with keri hilson and a song called motherlove. who remembers that?

can caper is a pepsi ad that still has never been leaked. the song in the OP is just the extended version of the new millenium part of the now & then pepsi campaign. there was the full now & then commercial with just a few seconds of each era, but then each era had an extended version too, some in HQ, some not. i've got them all on my ipod haha

1958 malt shop - officially released by pepsi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXASw6_Ck0

1963 bandstand  - don't think extended footage for this one ever leaked, see audio in video above

1966 surf's up - officially released by pepsi

1970 hippies - don't think extended footage for this one ever leaked, see audio in video above

1989 simply irresistible - don't think extended footage for this one ever leaked, see audio in long video above

2001 new millenium - an extended version of this video was released officially, but the audio in the OP and the first video i posted above is an EVEN MORE extended leak - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_fFwyFIMg

hope that clears things up!!!

34 minutes ago, rockNroLL227 said:

yup this.

baby can't you see was listed on the neptunes site under their credits with britney as the performer. who knows if it evolved into something else (another song that we already know and the lyrics changed and no longer include baby can't you see) or if it's its own song that just never saw the light of day. the same thing happened with keri hilson and a song called motherlove. who remembers that?

can caper is a pepsi ad that still has never been leaked. the song in the OP is just the extended version of the new millenium part of the now & then pepsi campaign. there was the full now & then commercial with just a few seconds of each era, but then each era had an extended version too, some in HQ, some not. i've got them all on my ipod haha

1958 malt shop - officially released by pepsi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXASw6_Ck0

1963 bandstand  - don't think extended footage for this one ever leaked, see audio in video above

1966 surf's up - officially released by pepsi

1970 hippies - don't think extended footage for this one ever leaked, see audio in video above

1989 simply irresistible - don't think extended footage for this one ever leaked, see audio in long video above

2001 new millenium - an extended version of this video was released officially, but the audio in the OP and the first video i posted above is an EVEN MORE extended leak - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_fFwyFIMg

hope that clears things up!!!

All of this is accurate, except for New Millenium. The extended commercial is here:

A 1-minute version leaked on a radio station cuz somehow a DJ had it and played it for a fan. None of the versions on YT is the real one and most of them are extended fanmade version (at least, I haven't found it there). This is the radio rip:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KwnHOwbsmF

Also, Wade Robson had the rights to the instrumental and used it on his CD:

5 hours ago, Isla. said:

Can Caper is just another name for Now and Then the song she did for one of the Pepsi commercials.

Baby Can't You See is a different unreleased song that hasn't leaked.

Can Caper is an actual demo song for Pepsi that never leaked. The OP one is Now and Then.

13 minutes ago, Isla. said:

....they're not the same then? :lostney:

7 hours ago, rockNroLL227 said:

yup this.

can caper is a pepsi ad that still has never been leaked. the song in the OP is just the extended version of the new millenium part of the now & then pepsi campaign. there was the full now & then commercial with just a few seconds of each era, but then each era had an extended version too, some in HQ, some not.

Archived