As one who was there from the beginning...

Guest StrawberryKisses

Y'all gotta remember she's 35 and a mother of two. Her prime was over by 2007 (sorry to say). Not many artists are successful with the GP for more than 10 years (consistently). Britney is over in the terms of the GP. She won't make new fans. Just like Aerosmith, Mariah. She's already a legend. Legend of teen pop.

The period between late 2011 - 2016 really blew it for her. All the new kids came along with constant releases, while she was in Vegas - a tool that is only useful for her dedicated fan-base and not attracting newer fans. I remember high schoolers singing 'ohoohohoh OHHH' on the bus when Till The World Ends came out.

I never expected her to have a long career, especially after 2007.  For what it's worth she's the only one left out of Xtina and Mandy.

BRITNEY should really take a proper break. Have a baby with Asghari... and come back when that baby is 4.  During that time she needs to get some vocal lessons, etc. Then decide if it's something she wants to continue with. She really doesn't have to. There are enough artists doing the same thing.

Let's compare  though:

Mariah 1990: Debut album

Mariah 2010:  2nd Christmas album

Michael Jackson 1987: Bad

Michael Jackson 2007: ???

Alanis Morissette 1995: Jagged Little Pill

Alanis Morissette 2015: Hasn't released an album in 10 years

Xtina 1999: Debut

Xtina 2019: Hasn't released an album in 10 years

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply