As one who was there from the beginning...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally get what you mean and its not at all about whether or not people are happy with her choices or not its just that her career is all grown up now we won't ever experience her changing and growing ever again. It happens to anyone who is lucky enough to last this long it isn't a bad thing or an insult.

I've also been here since the beginning I had BOMT album when I was 6 or 7 and I'm 26 and haven't left Britney the ride isn't over. She wouldn't be all over the place as she was when she was a teenager she needed those years of that level fame to get where she is now, Where she's always wanted to be, doing what she loves doing without having the super level of fame she had, she hated that. The Britney ride isn't over it's just finally on Britney's terms. 

53 minutes ago, GemmaTeller said:

I totally get what you mean and its not at all about whether or not people are happy with her choices or not its just that her career is all grown up now we won't ever experience her changing and growing ever again. It happens to anyone who is lucky enough to last this long it isn't a bad thing or an insult.

i agree

plus most of her fans from the beginning are adults close to her age or so and priorities change

I like to separate her

the artist and the person

when it comes to the person im fascinated

i can relate to moments in her life when it comes to being "forced" to perform and do well and rebelling. When it comes to it I think she did great and the fact that she doesnt make way for anybody's judgement on her life is inspiring.

the artist on the other hand is badly managed

4 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

WTF??? That is not what I said at all. She's in a legacy phase of her career now. The bulk of her story as a performer has been written. Sure, I hold out hope for a 'Believe' or 'Hung Up' somewhere down the line, but I am not EXPECTING or COUNTING on it; it's very unusual for that to happen. 

Madonna is in a legacy phase, too. She's an established figure in pop culture but she's only had like, two or three real hits in the last 15 years.

Britney's CAREER isn't over, but the RIDE of being a fan is over. The shape of what her career as a whole is going to look like is coming into focus. The difference between Britney's legacy today and Britney's legacy 10 years from now is going to be zilch compared to the difference between Britney's legacy today and Britney's legacy 10 years ago.

Wrong.

She still centers her tour and works around newer material to the point the GP is turned off by it. That's the biggest complaint aside from lateness from a Madonna show. Legacy is Cher where she tours with practically the same setlist every single chance she gets.

42 minutes ago, borogroves said:

clearly what he meant was that she no longer command the same attraction/ power she used to and it's been pretty stale 

That wasn't crystal clear though. The op mentioned the 'britney ride' was over. Well a lot can come into that and what that actually means. It was also mentioned that the fan experience was over. I don't feel the same way. So we both discussed it more to understand each others points. 

4 hours ago, BritCircus said:

This literally made me feel very nostalgic and about to cry :(  my childhood was very happy because of her, buying her albums, singles, magazine, her ps2 videogame, posters, seeing her videos on tv! Watching those iconic tours! OMG i will stop now... i don't want to cry, i can't believe this will never happened again...

Yes!! I've been a fan since 98' and I was 13 years old when she hit the scene and been along for the ride ever since!! I've witnessed some Pop magic and have so many good memories!! Every artist has a time to fade away and retire. I personally don't think she is there yet but her "glory" days :giggleney: as you call it are over. She won't pull as much GP as in the past and won't get as much support from her label :meltdown: Epic fail.. Anyway, the new and the fresh step in and that's how it rolls in the business. That's ok, I'm ok because I will always be here for Britney!! No matter what!! I think she can still make the world rock but her and her team need to put in the effort. :slayney: Always my queen!!

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

She will never be popular again, and she will never perform like Primeney again, so yeah, the Britney ride is kinda over. :mhmnod:

Her career was all about popularity, she was that huge superstar everyone talked about.  And there was always something to talk about, because everything was entertaining with her. :janet: Her whole life as well as her performances

If we talk about music, the ride is not over but I don't think she will do a lot of albums now. Maybe 2 or 3 if we're lucky. 

59 minutes ago, bspearsMJfan5 said:

Yes!! I've been a fan since 98' and I was 13 years old when she hit the scene and been along for the ride ever since!! I've witnessed some Pop magic and have so many good memories!! Every artist has a time to fade away and retire. I personally don't think she is there yet but her "glory" days :giggleney: as you call it are over. She won't pull as much GP as in the past and won't get as much support from her label :meltdown: Epic fail.. Anyway, the new and the fresh step in and that's how it rolls in the business. That's ok, I'm ok because I will always be here for Britney!! No matter what!! I think she can still make the world rock but her and her team need to put in the effort. :slayney: Always my queen!!

I think she can be on top if she wants too, i'm not comparing just an example Madonna was done with the american life era ended and she came back with the stronger confessions on a dancefloor album and she went on top again... the same with her erotica era and then she came with ray of light and won grammys

11 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

As someone who has loved Britney since OIDIA came out and was obsessed with her practically non-stop since then, and now is nearing 30 years old, it's so weird and bittersweet to think that the Britney Ride is basically over. With Glory underperforming and Vegas on the verge of being extended again, it's becoming clearer and clearer what her career legacy is going to look like. It's been such an amazing experience and I'm so happy I got to grow up with her career. I'm not really into celebrities in general and I wouldn't have ever gotten into pop at all if it weren't for Britney. It's just weird, getting a little older, realizing -- that's it, it's over, I'll never have an experience like this again, being a super-fan over the course of 15+ years -- but all things considered she's had an amazing career and defied the critics and wowed the fans and kept everyone guessing more times than we can count and my life has been so much better for having gotten to come of age with Britney. It's bittersweet, looking back on the last 17 years of being a super-fan.

Don't really have a point to this thread other than ruminating!

I don't think it'll ever be over unless a fan wants it to be over. I break it down in a lot of ways tbh. The musical industry is tricky. The tastes change so frequently. You might be the talk of the town today and the general population might think you're yesterday's news by the next year. It doesn't matter. As long as you still enjoy the music, it's still a ride. You'll still look forward to song leaks, cover art, new releases, etc. 

Even if Britney retires in a few years, it's not like everything Britney's ever done will get sucked into a black hole. You'll still have so many albums to enjoy.

And OP, never say never when it concerns never having an experience like this again. You never know when you'll get into a new celebrity and their career be worth following as much as Britney's and you like that person as much as you've enjoyed Britney's stuff. I understand what you're saying, don't get me wrong. I've liked a lot of stuff/people over the years. There's only two people I can say I've enjoyed since I was a teenager that I still like as an adult--Britney and Falco. It really is a special thing to find something that you just "click" with it and it lasts for a very long time and it might last for the rest of your life. 

2 hours ago, BritCircus said:

I think she can be on top if she wants too, i'm not comparing just an example Madonna was done with the american life era ended and she came back with the stronger confessions on a dancefloor album and she went on top again... the same with her erotica era and then she came with ray of light and won grammys

My great hope from Britney, but one which I refuse to have expectations for, is that she will bless us with an album like 'Confessions On a Dance Floor' that elevates her to top-tier legendary status. What made Confessions so amazing was that Madonna ruled the world one last time 25 ******* years (!) into her career with the global smash that was Hung Up -- and an undeniably GREAT album that reminded everyone why they fell in love with her in the first place. The moment wouldn't last -- nothing else since the Music era has come close to touching what Madonna accomplished with Confessions, either artistically or sales/relevance-wise -- but it was an enormous triumph for her and cemented her status as a pop legend with enduring appeal. Can Britney do that? MAYBE. But it has to be at the right time, and it has to be really ******* good, and she has to really ******* want it.

Archived