Songs that supposed to be singles

Asmodean

Guest $elfish
11 hours ago, Streets said:

Before the Goodbye was meant to be the Britney album's lead single, before BT had issues with the label and they didn't use any of his work :lollipop:

Thank god it wasn't chosen slave is much better :slayney:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I remember Satisfaction was considered for a single from Oops

ILRNR was considered for a single from Britney

The label wanted Bombastic Love to be a single from Britney

Boom Boom was considered for a single from ITZ

There was a rumor that the label wanted Outrageous or Shadow for the first single from ITZ (Shadow makes no sense to me but whatever). That's why Britney got Madonna on MATM - she really wanted to release it as the first single and she knew they would agree with Madonna's appearance.

Pretty sure BOM and TOMH were considered for singles from ITZ

Hot As Ice was rumored to be the 3rd single from Blackout before BTI

Miley Cyrus mentioned that she wanted SMS (Bangerz) to be a single

They talked about Alien being the 3rd single from BJ in the IABJ doc

A lot of times the stickers on the front of the album wrapping will say "including the hits..." and they will use songs they are considering to be singles but it's not always reliable:
OIDIA - OIDIA, Stronger, Lucky, Satisfaction
ITZ - MATM, Boom Boom, BOM
Blackout - Gimme More, Piece Of Me, Radar
Circus - Womanizer, Circus, Out From Under
FF - HIAM, TTWE, Inside Out, Criminal
BJ - Perfume, WB, Passenger, ISBE
Glory - MM, Private Show, DYWCO, Clumsy

I love rock n roll was a single tho..0_0

BOMT - heard rumours of Thinkin' About You originally being the 3rd single, no idea if true though

OIDIA - remember reading somewhere Satisfaction was supposed to be a single but cancelled, and of course When Your Eyes Say It was planned as either the 4th or 5th single and a video was filmed but never released

Britney - Jive apparently wanted Bombastic Love as a single but Britney refused, there is that remixed version from the Britney: The Videos DVD rumoured to be the single version. Before the Goodbye was the original lead single before Slave was recorded

ITZ - Jive originally wanted Outrageous as the lead single but Britney wanted Me Against the Music and it was released when Madonna appeared on it. Also rumors Shadow was supposed to be the lead single but i have no idea if that's true.

(I Got That) Boom Boom was on hold for 2nd 3rd and 4th single but Britney wanted Toxic and Everytime, and then Outrageous was chosen as 4th after it was made the Catwoman theme

Also remember reading rumours that a possible 5th single was being planned which would have been either Boom Boom, Breathe On Me or Touch Of My Hand but this never happened when Britney injured her knee

Blackout - Get Back was the original lead single, Hot As Ice was the original 3rd single but then changed to Break the Ice, Radar was supposed to be the 4th single but cancelled because Britney started work on Circus and it was released as a single from Circus instead

Circus - i remember reading rumours that a possible 5th single was planned and it was going to be Mannequin but again i'm not sure if this is true and also remember reading rumours of Out From Under being a single

FF - A 5th single was planned but cancelled in the end due to the FFT ending, possible options were Inside Out and (Drop Dead) Beautiful

BJ - Britney wanted Alien as the 3rd single but it was not released because RCA wanted Britney to focus on POM instead

Glory - let's just hope a 3rd single happens :soyeah: 

51 minutes ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Thank god it wasn't chosen slave is much better :slayney:

Agreed

But Before the Goodbye that we all have is essentially a demo. BT abandoned finalizing production on a few of his songs with Britney when there was a conflict with Jive (I think?) and he dropped out. I would think they would have made it better in its final mixing, but yeah it's not really single worthy as it is tbh

1 minute ago, Streets said:

Agreed

But Before the Goodbye that we all have is essentially a demo. BT abandoned finalizing production on a few of his songs with Britney when there was a conflict with Jive (I think?) and he dropped out. I would think they would have made it better in its final mixing, but yeah it's not really single worthy as it is tbh

Britney is my fav album but I wish they would have kept Crossroads and Britney album different. We would have so many more songs right now. Makes me sad 

10 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

Who's BT?

The producer of Before the Goodbye and When I Say So

http://www.mtv.com/news/1444712/bt-earns-king-of-dirty-pop-title-with-nsync-britney-tracks/

Something happened between him and the label and his tracks were cut. I think it was connected to how they overhauled the Britney album and included the Crossroads tracks instead of releasing them as a movie soundtrack. They ended up going from Before the Goodbye as lead single (glad Slave was chosen ultimately), to just shelving him for a bonus track. I'm not a huge fan of Before the Goodbye as a lead, but When I Say So would have been a big hit in the early 00s :lollipop:

9 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney is my fav album but I wish they would have kept Crossroads and Britney album different. We would have so many more songs right now. Makes me sad 

I agree. The Britney album's original concept seems like it would have been a much stronger album, imo. I'm not a huge fan of the Britney album, tho.. it's kind of her least "timeless" Primeney record. It has some really strong tracks, tho, and deserved better single treatment. Without the Crossroads songs it probably would have been more like an ITZ-type record, but then again we probably wouldn't have then gotten ITZ as we have it.

So many Britney mysteries, tbh :forkit:

12 hours ago, Gabby. said:

I wish "Breathe On Me" would have been a single. It's funny how the songs I listened to the most were picked as singles for Circus and Femme Fatale... I also love "Out From Under" and "Mannequin", but I'm not sure they would have sold well.

I don't like any songs from Britney Jean (I mourn what Passenger could have been). I do however listen to Work ***** at the gym sometimes, so I guess I'm okay with that choice too. I must admit I haven't listened to that album at all since it came out.  :brityeah:

From Glory, I wish "Man On The Moon" could be a single, or "Liar". Those two stood out for me on the 1st listen and several of my friends, who are not stans, have randomly stated they love them too. I think they're catchy enough that the general public would enjoy it.

If Passengers was released all we would hear about it how the high vocals isn't her so let's count our blessings. :ponderney: That song had huge potential but the version we have seems rushed. Same can be said with Alien but how can you release a song with such a big production flaw. It all seemed rushed 

2 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Hot as ice wasn't meant to be a single :otears:

even tho I wish it was , it was leaked early and that's why it showed up in blackout's promo ppl think it was meant to be a single because it showed up there 

although they did put it in Britney's essential album:snooptoya:so maybe it was early on :omgreallyney:

There was an article that Britney was at a dance studio rehearsing choreo on a ******** pole for her new single "Hot As Ice" :bey:

1 hour ago, Streets said:

I agree. The Britney album's original concept seems like it would have been a much stronger album, imo. I'm not a huge fan of the Britney album, tho.. it's kind of her least "timeless" Primeney record. It has some really strong tracks, tho, and deserved better single treatment. Without the Crossroads songs it probably would have been more like an ITZ-type record, but then again we probably wouldn't have then gotten ITZ as we have it.

So many Britney mysteries, tbh :forkit:

I think the album is solid as is but I mean it isn't any differently treated than any other old album by Britney. Usually only the singles are big still. Makes sense. 

I love pure pop Britney. 

4 hours ago, Isla. said:

BOMT - heard rumours of Thinkin' About You originally being the 3rd single, no idea if true though

OIDIA - remember reading somewhere Satisfaction was supposed to be a single but cancelled, and of course When Your Eyes Say It was planned as either the 4th or 5th single and a video was filmed but never released

Britney - Jive apparently wanted Bombastic Love as a single but Britney refused, there is that remixed version from the Britney: The Videos DVD rumoured to be the single version. Before the Goodbye was the original lead single before Slave was recorded

ITZ - Jive originally wanted Outrageous as the lead single but Britney wanted Me Against the Music and it was released when Madonna appeared on it. Also rumors Shadow was supposed to be the lead single but i have no idea if that's true.

(I Got That) Boom Boom was on hold for 2nd 3rd and 4th single but Britney wanted Toxic and Everytime, and then Outrageous was chosen as 4th after it was made the Catwoman theme

Also remember reading rumours that a possible 5th single was being planned which would have been either Boom Boom, Breathe On Me or Touch Of My Hand but this never happened when Britney injured her knee

Blackout - Get Back was the original lead single, Hot As Ice was the original 3rd single but then changed to Break the Ice, Radar was supposed to be the 4th single but cancelled because Britney started work on Circus and it was released as a single from Circus instead

Circus - i remember reading rumours that a possible 5th single was planned and it was going to be Mannequin but again i'm not sure if this is true and also remember reading rumours of Out From Under being a single

FF - A 5th single was planned but cancelled in the end due to the FFT ending, possible options were Inside Out and (Drop Dead) Beautiful

BJ - Britney wanted Alien as the 3rd single but it was not released because RCA wanted Britney to focus on POM instead

Gasoline I think was rumoured to be the 5th from FF, no? Ryan Secrest randomly said he has a hunch it was going to be the 5th, and with B being a radio force then I feel like he may of knew something. Maybe early plans or discussions being held about it 

1 hour ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

Gasoline I think was rumoured to be the 5th from FF, no? Ryan Secrest randomly said he has a hunch it was going to be the 5th, and with B being a radio force then I feel like he may of knew something. Maybe early plans or discussions being held about it 

Really? Not sure if Gasoline would have worked lol...

6 hours ago, Isla. said:

I remember most of this as well.. the only fact is that after Radar they moved on to "3" for TSC

Guest $elfish
4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

There was an article that Britney was at a dance studio rehearsing choreo on a ******** pole for her new single "Hot As Ice" :bey:

If it's real I wish hot as ice really was a single blackout deserved more singles perfect lover , toy soldier and hot as ice would have been hits :meltdown:

Archived