I had this weird/sad thought...

britneyausfan

I was watching clips from the Backstreet Boys performing their show in Vegas and was cringing at it thinking... they are so old/tacky/trying to reclaim their youth.. they are so over.. then I wondered... is that how people see Britney???!!! I figure we are so blinded by our love for her... but watching BSB was painful... they reminded me of old people trying to be relevant with todays youth... like:

de110f80804ec7a26d1f4fc1b23d9a16.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like BSB. They have changes their style since they first came out, but they have to do a throwback for their fans. In A World Like This is a very different record if you compare it to their first one. They've artistically matured too. For example, for the In A World Like This Tour, they started to play instruments live. :giggleney: That's just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, britneyausfan said:

I was watching clips from the Backstreet Boys performing their show in Vegas and was cringing at it thinking... they are so old/tacky/trying to reclaim their youth.. they are so over.. then I wondered... is that how people see Britney???!!! I figure we are so blinded by our love for her... but watching BSB was painful... they reminded me of old people trying to be relevant with todays youth... like:

de110f80804ec7a26d1f4fc1b23d9a16.jpg

I think in general pop is super ageist. Like I watch madonna and Mariah Carey and them trying to squeeze into tiny outfits and trying to be cool collaborating with rappers on songs and all that, and it screams desperate. Idk if Britney will go their route or more a JLo route. Like JLo is pushing 50 but her wardrobe, antics don't seem desperate. Britney probably has to find a happy medium where she can grow with her audience and still give classic bops with her next few eras. BSB is touring but they have no new songs that I'm aware of? So they are quite literally a nostalgia act.

The irony of this thread.

I was watching videos and it looked great their show.

How are they trying to get the youth when most of the audiance grow up with them. All the ppl that are doing Vegas are nostalgia acts. Britney included...don't be delusional 

The main age group going to Vegas minus older ppl grew up with Britney, JLO, and BSB. That is why they all are doing good. 

Say Selena did Vegas. I actually don't think it would do good all because I went to her show last year and her audiance is high school kids. So the Vegas crowd wouldn't dig because we aren't as familiar with her. 

15 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

The irony of this thread.

I was watching videos and it looked great their show.

How are they trying to get the youth when most of the audiance grow up with them. All the ppl that are doing Vegas are nostalgia acts. Britney included...don't be delusional 

The main age group going to Vegas minus older ppl grew up with Britney, JLO, and BSB. That is why they all are doing good. 

Say Selena did Vegas. I actually don't think it would do good all because I went to her show last year and her audiance is high school kids. So the Vegas crowd wouldn't dig because we aren't as familiar with her. 

You're comparing a boy band from the 90s who stopped being active over a decade ago,
to a pop icon who never stopped releasing music, never stopped performing or dressing in **** outfits.

So it makes no sense for anyone to think she's 'desperate'
Especially if they like Beyonce or Lady Gaga considering they're in their 30s as well, because they don't have anything to say about them.

7 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

You're comparing a boy band from the 90s who stopped being active over a decade ago,
to a pop icon who never stopped releasing music, never stopped performing or dressing in **** outfits.

Especially if they like Beyonce or Lady Gaga considering they're in their 30s as well, because they don't have anything to say about them.

This! I cant at this site nowadays :moorangu:

40 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

I agreee  :giggleney: But BSB had an album in 2013 and a world tour and are also currently working on new music. Even when Kevin left the four others continued to make albums.

BSB has never been on an actual hiatus, their most recent album was released in 2013 and debuted at #5 on the BB200, which means all of their 9 albums have debuted in the top 10. They have also actively continued to tour worldwide, and have sold out the vast majority of all their shows (over 93% tickets sold in 2013), including multiple arenas and stadiums overseas.

They are the best-selling boyband of all time and will always continue to have a very loyal fanbase; they just don't bother with promotion or trying to get hits anymore because they know that's not realistic for a boyband that's been around since 1993. 

I've seen them live four times since 2005, (on two different continents), most recently in 2013, and all shows were sold out and they were amazing. So don't even try and come for the BSB! They are my male Britney. :staysalty:

Archived