2016 VMAs Aprecciation Thread

it's so much Better

Hi guys,

Coming here because I saw through many threads that this is something that happened to a lot of people. What do I mean? I mean that this performance is the most arthouse Britney has done in many, many years. It's not about big production, but about her. And it is beautiful. And many members get to love it more and more through passing days - maybe you find it ok when you first saw, and now you love it...

I remember that a few members had meltdowns because it was too small, specially compared to the (awful)-pocket-show-super-bowl Beyonka had done. (Not here to bash her, even 'tho it's difficult for me not doing it). And it is kinda understandable, cause Britney did BBMAs this year, which is more like to what Bey did (but Brit did much much much better imo). So, I'm doing this thread only to say that I love VMAs performance, and I think it's like wine: the more the time passes (and more time I watch it) it just gets better: her body, the dance was on point, she being alone in the stage for almost two minutes, her attitude, you could see she was there to kill and it makes me completely proud of her! There's only one thing that I'd change, that is the poor lipping G-Eazy's song, but other than that I just find it too perfect to be true. I mean, of course it's not what she had done previous years - it's the opposite - it's arthouse by every inch. And I love it!

Spoiler

Do you guys feel this way too?

Discuss!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE IT!!!

She was so **** that night and she was totally into the song, being sensual and demanding someone (GEasy) to make her ooh!:letitburn:

The performance was related to the song.

The MM&I was a cool addition that gave G Easy his moment(props to Britney for that, serious high level) and made the transition to Make Me even better after it.. I get chills with the last oohs!:letitburn:

The hands being actual people and not just a video was a cool effect + artistic!

200.gif :letitburn:

Many strong and iconic moments in just 3-4 minutes of a simple performance! Her intro, dancing alone, her hot outfit, the hands, the G-Easy 'seduction', the yellow jacket, acting cool with the dancers for MM&I, the haiflips on the floor, the almost kissing!

1 minute ago, The Dream said:

LOVE IT!!!

She was so **** that night and she was totally into the song, being sensual and demanding someone (GEasy) to make her ooh!:letitburn:

The performance was related to the song.

The MM&I was a cool addition that gave G Easy his moment(props to Britney for that, serious high level) and made the transition to Make Me even better after it.. I get chills with the last oohs!:letitburn:

The hands being actual people and not just a video was a cool effect + artistic!

200.gif :letitburn:

Many strong and iconic moments in just 3-4 minutes of a simple performance! Her intro, dancing alone, her hot outfit, the hands, the G-Easy 'seduction', the yellow jacket, acting cool with the dancers for MM&I, the haiflips on the floor, the almost kissing!

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

that's what i'm talking abooout

It should have been longer. She should at least do a medley of 3 Glory songs. And prerecord them vocals, make everyone believe she sang live at some parts and also deliver some kickass dance break, only a one but iconic. 

And the beginning should be like an intro with invitation vocals, then into Make Me, Do You Wanna Come Over and spin it up on Love Me Down with a dance break. Start with Britney alone, then with two dancers, bring more girls to DYWCO and a lotta more dancers on Love Me Down. NOW THAT WOULD be ICONIC! :staysalty:

Archived