Does Britney really want to continue being a pop star?

neonxangel

We can all tell she sorta does not like being in the public eye anymore. Out of all the celebrities ever she was the one followed by the most. I dont think any other celebrity had this much of a following. Her name alone has become iconic, even for such a common name. When you meet a britney you instantly think of Spears. Yes some other girls have some iconic names like Beyonce, Ariana & Adele but thats only because those are rare names. You dont see any Beyonce's or Arianas around but you probably met a Britney.

Anyways.... I remember reading somewhere that she only wanted to make one CD, enough to buy a house and then do her thing but she became popular and made more albums. 

Do you think she really wants to make more albums? Yes i know she signed another 3 years, but she is under the  conservatorship and ngl probably she felt preasured into signing another three years because if she doesnt than they will all think she is "crazy" and needs a tighter leash. 

What do you guys think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She seems like she still loves performing and making music, but obviously (after all she went thru) she doenst wanna be the huge pop star she once was.

Its actually amazing that she still performs the way she does, if i was her i'd take all my millions retire and live a private life lol

18 minutes ago, neonxangel said:

What do you guys think?

What a dumb and pointless thread...Yes. I do think Britney wants to continue being AN ARTIST.

She's come a long way from being some 'pop star'  she's an icon,  who still enjoys making music and entertaining the world. 

A woman as successful  and professional as Britney DOES NOT suddenly wake up one day and think "oh I don't like this anymore" 

Can we never have a thread like this again please   :nyheadache:

6 minutes ago, ukfan said:

What a dumb and pointless thread...Yes. I do think Britney wants to continue being AN ARTIST.

She's come a long way from being some 'pop star'  she's an icon,  who still enjoys making music and entertaining the world. 

A woman as successful  and professional as Britney DOES NOT suddenly wake up one day and think "oh I don't like this anymore" 

Can we never have a thread like this again please   :nyheadache:

''There's no excitement, no passion'' - Britney in 2008

You don't have to slam fans who would like to discuss this topic, just get out of the thread and don't comment 

19 minutes ago, Sparks said:

You don't have to slam fans who would like to discuss this topic, just get out of the thread and don't comment 

So what?? that doesn't mean she wants to retire.

And I'm pretty sure she was talking about life in general not necessarily career. 

And I didn't "slam" anyone. Just saying this thread is dumb seen as there isn't the slightest hint that she wants to retire any time soon...

no need to be so sensitive, iv as much right to express my opinion as you. if you don't like my original comment,  don't  reply 

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

A quote she made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2008

Annnnnnnnd nothing has changed since then...still under c-ship, still seems very controlled and still seems to live quite isolated from reality at times. Like what makes anyone think she would just suddenly become happy over the yrs to have so little control over her life? I think she has settled because she is probably tired of fighting and scared they'll take her kids, but I won't be able to believe she is 100% into her career or 100% happy until the c-ship is dissolved and I know she actually does this because SHE chooses to, not just because she goes along with what her team says. OP stated a valid question for sure.

16 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

Annnnnnnnd nothing has changed since then...still under c-ship, still seems very controlled and still seems to live quite isolated from reality at times. Like what makes anyone think she would just suddenly become happy over the yrs to have so little control over her life? I think she has settled because she is probably tired of fighting and scared they'll take her kids, but I won't be able to believe she is 100% into her career or 100% happy until the c-ship is dissolved and I know she actually does this because SHE chooses to, not just because she goes along with what her team says. OP stated a valid question for sure.

You know nothing about that

I know nothing about that

but I do know she's proud and happy about Glory and having fun as we all can see

thats all that matters

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She enjoys making music and performing

She does not care to be on top of the world like some of you want her to be

She does not care about being in the spotlight unless its work related

She's doing everything on her own terms right now

This, and

2 hours ago, Sparks said:

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

A quote she made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2008

Exactly. She's changed :slayney:

13 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I was thinking about that name thing the other day. For example Lady Gaga couldn't even make it with her real name let alone turning it to a name everyone in the world recognize! Almost everyone used an alias or their first name but Britney made Britney Spears iconic. it will be remembered forever. 

This is true, and people are quick to call Britney a fake, manufactured pop star while conveniently forgetting Lady Gaga had to change her entire style, make this larger than life over the top persona, resort to weird crap like wearing meat dresses etc. to become famous, same with Katy Perry - changed her name and went from church style singer to shooting whipped cream from her ***** and singing about being a fake lesbian. Sle Brit becoming famous off her gorgeous personality and charisma :slayney:

7 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

This is true, and people are quick to call Britney a fake, manufactured pop star while conveniently forgetting Lady Gaga had to change her entire style, make this larger than life over the top persona, resort to weird crap like wearing meat dresses etc. to become famous, same with Katy Perry - changed her name and went from church style singer to shooting whipped cream from her ***** and singing about being a fake lesbian. Sle Brit becoming famous off her gorgeous personality and charisma :slayney:

Lady Gaga's new style is basically a renewed version of what she tried(with her real name) to become popular with...let's see what happens this time around. 

8 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You know nothing about that

I know nothing about that

but I do know she's proud and happy about Glory and having fun as we all can see

thats all that matters

Everything I wrote was true, she is still under a c-ship which means legally she can't make big decisions herself, she is still controlled (she can't even speak on c-ship without it being edited out, she said in the interview she had to be strategic to get the kind of album she wanted made and basically said she had hardly any input into other albums) and she stills seems extremely isolated from the outside world (Miley's quote in interview 'Britney is in her own world' speaks volumes). I might not have inside info or know her but I know the difference between right and wrong and the way she has been controlled and IMO seems like her freaking rights are being violated having her in a c-ship is wrong.

9 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

Lady Gaga's new style is basically a renewed version of what she tried(with her real name) to become popular with...let's see what happens this time around. 

Hah true, I guess we'll see!

Archived