Would This Era Be Different With SP as the Lead?

treytrey

I'm not here to bash Make Me or anything like that, but it's choice as the lead single for this album was poor imo - though, if it was genuinely Brit's choice, I totally respect and I'm just ******* glad she had the power to make that choice. :cooltshirt:

That said, I think that if Britney had released SP as her lead single with the video shot by Colin, this whole era would have gotten off to a very different start. The SP video has the controversy we all wanted from the original MM vid (RIP) - and the song itself is just a tiny bit more upbeat than Make Me, but still slower and different from the rest of her catalogue to intrigue new listeners. This whole idea has probably already been discussed on here, but whatever haha - I was just thinking about this super early on my ride to work this morning haha, but what do y'all think? :orly:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really, the mv is what really killed the little hype there was at the beginning of the era. Neither of both songs are super catchy from what we are used with Britney. 

Talking about the features, from what I've seen G-Easy is a lot more known than the Tinasha girl and he has like one or two hits in his record (Me, myself and I for example). 

You guys really think GP knew about Make Me original video at all? You think Make Me flopped just cause the video was scrapped? Stop with that bullshit. The song flopped cause Britney is not loved by GP anymore. SP is the proof. Amazing song, amazing video and literally 1 week on the Hot 100. 

I personally love Make Me as a sinle. The musicvideo kinda ruined it for me tho. But tbh, for some reason I don't think the GP was here for Make Me. Britney did promote it on festivals the ****** VMAs, but it just really didn't do anything. Slumber Party might've been a better choice based on the reviews both the song and video get. But oh well.

1 hour ago, RobRocks said:

You guys really think GP knew about Make Me original video at all? You think Make Me flopped just cause the video was scrapped? Stop with that bullshit. The song flopped cause Britney is not loved by GP anymore. SP is the proof. Amazing song, amazing video and literally 1 week on the Hot 100. 

lol this! 3 video was basic as a white room in construction and it was n#1, the video affected us, not the GP for sure

Archived