How Can You Tell If Pitch Correction Was Used?

Guest Arckangel

Guest Arckangel

I swear some people think Auto-Tune (or whatever other pitch correction device) is used whenever vocals sound more or less computerized. Reverb, delay, echo, vocoder, double tracking and other types of effects can be used on vocals with absolutely no pitch correction.

Can you tell for certain if pitch correction was used on whatever song? Unless the tuning effect is very pronounced, I can't really tell.

How much of Britney's music relied on pitch alteration?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auto-tune and pitch correction are definitely not the same, not in the sense that the GP refers to auto-tune. I'd say 90% of exhale has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to any vocal manipulation and some fans just claim she can't sing at all. Pitch correction itself can be tricky to pin point if done correctly. Glory doesn't have a whole lot of it, there's still a ton of fun vocal effects added, but that's not to make Brit not sound like ****, but rather to fit the tone or mood of the song ie. Invitation. She does however, have a lot of layered vocals (her own vocals).

Archived