"I could have done the Work ***** music video for 300k" --- unnamed director

nonoiseplz

1 hour ago, ToxicVibes said:

Amen. I don't know where people are getting these high figures from! It's like when people said the original Make Me video was 2 million dollars, like where are you getting this info from :verycool:

with Make me we know nothing but it says on multiple articles that WB is one of the most xpensive vids of all time (7 million)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, inbritneyszone said:

with Make me we know nothing but it says on multiple articles that WB is one of the most xpensive vids of all time (7 million)

Ben Mor (The director of WB) did an interview with MTV and talked about the budget speculation:

"First off, he shot down speculation that the video cost upward of $6.5 million. "There's such bullsh-- out there. I wish! The thing... I shouldn't say it but it's not even a fraction of that. It's 200 percent absolutely false and it's almost embarrassing to say. The video absolutely did not cost that much," he said. "It's just a lot of misinformation."

http://www.mtv.com/news/1715064/britney-spears-work-*****-director-ben-mor-interview/

2 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Are you talking about the Make Me... music video? RCA felt like the original video was too raunchy and demanded that David Lachapelle tone down the video. He refused and they decided to not to use his footage at all because that meant they would have to pay him for the rights.

Every other reason is bullshit. Product placement? No, that is expected. Britney not liking the video? No, she shot the video and knew what the scenes looked like.

RCA also cancelled the original Perfume music video because they felt it wasn't an accurate portrayal of the song. I ran across some interview where the CEO or President of RCA said that.

And now its all on Label? Like RCA has never shot anything that so called raunchy videos before? :mhm: 

i dont think theyre interested how a director portrays their artists as long as the video boosts the sales n they are paid more in return. Dont forget Britney had her infamous raunchy times in front of millions back then still they didnt resign her so why would they care about her now? :mhm:

i understand the logic bout Perfume fiasco but not the rest . 

6 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

I don't know why Britney puts up with it. She's too nice. She needs a bit of blackoutney back!!

just like with gimme more... if the label doesn't like the video then she needs to go to her bank, and pay the label back for the budget they used for the video. That way Britney owns ALL a the rights and can do what the **** she wants with it. She easily had 150mill in her bank account and could easily afford to pay RCA back 500k for the mm video and 200k for the perfume video (guessing)

any other artist would fight for their artistry tbh. This kind of **** wouldn't happen to Beyoncé, Taylor swift or madonna. Hell, madonna would probably trash the ceo's house 

I don't see her ever paying extra for a video. She could very easily. 

Things that cost money in a video...

- multiple locations (set up and tear down of the lights in each location costs a lot of money)
- lots of extras (craft service costs money)
- visual F/X (such as adding sharks in post-production)
- lenses (good lenses for the camera cost money, and is likely one of the reasons the official MM video looks so cheap)
- rentals (Lamborghinis, stunt drivers)

27 minutes ago, Steel_Magnolia said:

Things that cost money in a video...

- multiple locations (set up and tear down of the lights in each location costs a lot of money)
- lots of extras (craft service costs money)
- visual F/X (such as adding sharks in post-production)
- lenses (good lenses for the camera cost money, and is likely one of the reasons the official MM video looks so cheap)
- rentals (Lamborghinis, stunt drivers)

And also the staff, WB was a 3 day shooting with a lot of people 

4 minutes ago, Cuteney said:

And also the staff, WB was a 3 day shooting with a lot of people 

Yes, and hiring the top people (Director, Director of Photography, Editor, etc.) can cost a lot of money if you want the best.

Everyone complains about the lighting in the official MM video -- that's probably because Randee was working with a D.O.P. who wasn't "the best."

10 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Are you talking about the Make Me... music video? RCA felt like the original video was too raunchy and demanded that David Lachapelle tone down the video. He refused and they decided to not to use his footage at all because that meant they would have to pay him for the rights.

Every other reason is bullshit. Product placement? No, that is expected. Britney not liking the video? No, she shot the video and knew what the scenes looked like.

RCA also cancelled the original Perfume music video because they felt it wasn't an accurate portrayal of the song. I ran across some interview where the CEO or President of RCA said that.

Do you think that? 

I truly believe that they scrapped the Make Me video because it didn't go anywhere. Her videos with dancing, have minimal story. Her videos with story, have minimal dancing. Make Me had neither, which is a terrible way to launch a return to form, or reinvention. They also featured a body double at the start, which is never good. The scenes they used, whether they were dance, or other things, didn't showcase anything, and were underwhelming, with the best footage left on the cutting room floor, but DLC refused to change it. Its not because it was too raunchy, or too this or too that. It went nowhere.

Perfume wasn't scrapped as such because of the portrayal. The gun scenes were torn apart when they were being filmed because she was wearing a university hoodie, and that university had a gun massacre in it shortly before...

11 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

http://www.vh1.com/news/51710/britney-work-*****-budget/

All of the directors basically say the only reason the video maybe, sorta, cost over 500k is because of Britneys expensive glam squad and those barely visible sharks. But they also say there is no way in hell that video even cost 1.5 million.

I don't know who lied and told ya'll that video cost 6.5million dollars. :hahaha:  ,,,,but STOP IT! You sound like a bunch of fools!  :tiffsmoke:

They act like Gaga's stand LOL :hahaha:

10 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Isnt Miley Cyrus on RCA?? They do not scrap things for being too raunchy obviously lol. I agree about Lachapelle refusing so that's why had to shoot something  completely new as opposed to something like Perfume where they used it but butchered it but im like 99 percent sure it was Britneys doing.

10 hours ago, Daredevil said:

what? Like have you become a fan yesterday??

Of course Britney scrapped Make me video. She also scrapped WB after she shot it. It was too raunchy and so she didn't like it. But this time around David did not let them to edit HIS work so they had to scrap the whole video and shoot a new one.

YOU people some time really blame RCA for everything but as I can see they did a really good job throughout Britney career until Britney started refusing everything. 

Do you even know when she joined them? Britney Jean (2013) was the start of Britney/RCA, Femme Fatale was with Jive

Where do you see this great job? They started screwing her up right when they requested her to record a dance pop album and scrapped her original concept

raw

11 hours ago, Trentals said:

I wish Britney cared enough about her craft these days to do music videos for Random songs, not just singles, just cause she loves the song. Look at artists like Marina & The Diamonds or Lana Del Ray who release multiple low budget videos that are effective. There is no reason why most tracks from Glory shouldn't have some sort of video tbh. A million dollar video budget could do 5 200k videos (BOMT/Sometimes/FTBOMBH/GM/MM all would've cost this or less).

Even with the low budget they had for the Make Me reshoot, they still could've made an AMAZING video. It's all about the director and the vision.

She doesn't even have to be in all of them :britdrown: "here's a $1000 willie go shoot something on the beach"

12 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

RCA seems to sabotage whatever music video Britney and her directors agree upon .... so , really its going to be up to them.

For the past 3 years people have been saying the Work ***** video cost around 10million dollars and saying that its Britneys most expensive music video ever.lol I bet RCA started that rumor to make it seem like they were doing the most for Britney when in reality they were doing the minimum. :cricket:

Wtf, 10 million?  maybe like 1 million at most.

Archived