Officially tired of Britney's residency, here's why:

andreafly1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZERO promotion? really?

What do you guys expect her to do exactly?  To sing her entire album? you know all other artists do the same thing when they promote , singing their single(s) from the album +  old hits. 

we got those :

On 21/10/2016 at 5:03 PM, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Are you serious ?

• Carpool Karaoke
  • Ellen show
  • iHeart Festival
  • Apple Music Festival
  • Apple Music Commercial with Kevin Bacon
  • VMA
  • Jimmy Kimmel
  • Jonathan Ross show
  • Loose Women
  • Radio interviews
  • Tv interviews for several countries
  • The Private Show commercial + perfume

And we know other things are comming soon:

• Jingle Ball
  • Rock In Rio
  • Triple Ho Show
  • B96 Jingle Bash

And she always talks about glory in her interviews .

1 hour ago, Benjie said:

ZERO promotion? really?

What do you guys expect her to do exactly?  Singing her entire album? you know all other artists do the same thing when they promote , singing their single(s) from the album +  old hits. 

we got those :

And she always talk about glory in her interview .

No they don't. Watch what Gaga performs on SNL tomorrow and look at how it's done.

You perform your old hits? You get catalogue sales (and that's what Britney got)

You perform your new songs(3-4)? You raise interest in your album. It's simple logic.

Make Me performed at VMAs -> boosted

Glory tracks: N/A -> N/A

The post you co-signed counts a perfume commercial as promo for the album. :decisions:

8 minutes ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

Only Britney fans would say Glory is not promoted, it's an excuse for the floppage. It IS the second most promoted album of the year, that's a fact. I agree with the fact she's heavily promoting POM, but she's promoting Glory too, it's delusional as hell to say the contrary. I also agree that they could insist more on the album itself, but that doesn't change anything. Only one album has been more promoted this year.

But why does a festival where she performs her old hits count as promo for her album? I mean do they EVEN air on relevant TV channels? Idgi.

I can only see Carpool, VMA and Ellen (because she showed the CD at the end) as true promo for the album (VMA was wasted). She's everywhere sure but there's no effort in showing the content of the album.

I don't care about making up excuses for floppage, it's not like she's shoving the album down everyone's throats and no one is buying it. Even the promo for Make Me was too late. That Jonathan Ross performance was a joke, Make Me was dead in the UK after the first week. It's all for nothing.

1 hour ago, jokobitch said:

She's been around for 18 years.. everyone fizzles out at some point 

Pretty much.  

-----------

Britney is relevant enough to be known (her classic songs, etc).

But as it stands, she's not really relevant in terms of marketability/commercialness (At least for younger demographics i feel, and the GP) (it's fine though, it happens to everyone).  I feel, she would have to do a HUGE rehaul of her image tbh. 

I don't really agree with there being NO promotion like other people said, its just that the appearances she is doing aren't having the effect they're supposed to. I'm with everyone else on vegas though, really not feeling it at all anymore. In my opinion it would be a great setup for Britney if it was actually handled well. I'm sick of seeing Britney open with Work ***** this many years later, if she wants to stay in Vegas there should at least be an effort put in to make it a quality show and keep things interesting with more changes than replacing ugly costumes with even uglier costumes:cigney: I just wish this era would've gone differently as a whole tbh. It could've been great if we got the original MM video+VMA performance and a revamped POM show with Glory songs and a new vibe idk it just screams lazy to me on Britney and her teams part. Whatever:drinky: I'm just happy Britney has what she wants now and gets to spend time with her kids and have the balance that SHE wants in her life. Slowly getting over it but its hard to accept some of the dumb *** *** creative/promotional decisions her team makes. 

I think the problem is not Vegas, Vegas was good for her. Problem is ONLY Vegas.

She should take like 6 months off Vegas and do a small tour around Europe and South America or Asia.

Not much just like 10 shows with Glory and POM numbers mixed. She already has the choreo from POM, she could make like 10 songs and a small concert with not too many seats but higher price. And this would increase her relevancy and at same time promote future vegas and albums.

Renew with Vegas before going around the world but not tell anyone so people think is last chance to see her for quite sometime after Glory tour. Then restart and everybody that didn't go but want to because of buzz could go to a revamped POM.

I think they're catering to two types of fans is the way I look at it. Until Vegas ends I think that's where all the attention will be. I view new album releases, video/single releases, performances of the new material to be a case of throwing scraps towards the fans that don't care about Vegas as strongly as other fans. I think this is the pattern we're on. Britney could be in Vegas til 2045 and I imagine the way Glory and Britney Jean have been treated will be the same as any new albums we get going forward.

I admit I'm mainly here for albums (and perfumes! :) )  so I'm happy with that, especially when the alternative could've been 100% focus on Vegas/greatest hits and nothing new at all when it concerns albums/songs. I realize this is my attitude and I know everybody won't agree with what I'm saying in this bottom part. 

Archived