Is Glory really dead? - Updated Sales

iZacaree

I think albums just don't sell as much these days.Artists are lucky to cross 100.000 in sales,and Britney actually did it.The fact that she doesn't have a hit single from the album,definitely has a negative impact on long run success,but if the 2nd single manages to create buzz and radio airplay,the album will rise in charts.I think they're waiting towards the end of October/early November for the single to release,so they can benefit from Black Friday/Holidays sales.We already know that Britney will do a performance around that time and i guess she'll do more around that timeframe,as well.She still hasn't done a sit-down interview with Ellen/Fallon/Kimmel/Corden,she still hasn't done SNL or The View(actually could be a good time to do it,as she can benefit from the Presidential race,since she met Clinton back in Spring,and she can talk about it).Long story short,the album can still work,and with some good promotion or even a potential re-release it could reach Gold certification.

P.S.:For me the biggest problem this era was the miserable MV that failed to generate positive reaction/hype for this era.The MTV VMA performance,was too little,too late and the Iheartradio performance has yet to air on national TV.I still believe that they should've released the album around this time,so she could have done promo in US/UK before the album release and not after.It appears sales are all about hype these days,and Britney had little less to none hype this era.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the album probably is not doing well, 'cause she's not touring to promote it. Every single artist make tours to promote their new albums and thats why they succeed... Britney in the other hand only mentions 'Make Me' and 2 o 3 more words about her album 'Glory'. 

Seriously..., she talked more about her sons that her new project, and the stupid media just ask her about HER OLD STUFF instead of her new one... like wth?...

I just hope that Britney do a 'Glory' Tour after POM.. cause it seems like nobody know about her new album besides fans... And i don't like to say this but... this album is becoming BJ all over again... WAY BETTER... but is the same... the difference is that the album is AMAZING but we won't see anything from it beyond MM and that's what really bothers me!. :donewithit:

15 minutes ago, erieta_92 said:

I think albums just don't sell as much these days.Artists are lucky to cross 100.000 in sales,and Britney actually did it.The fact that she doesn't have a hit single from the album,definitely has a negative impact on long run success,but if the 2nd single manages to create buzz and radio airplay,the album will rise in charts.I think they're waiting towards the end of October/early November for the single to release,so they can benefit from Black Friday/Holidays sales.We already know that Britney will do a performance around that time and i guess she'll do more around that timeframe,as well.She still hasn't done a sit-down interview with Ellen/Fallon/Kimmel/Corden,she still hasn't done SNL or The View(actually could be a good time to do it,as she can benefit from the Presidential race,since she met Clinton back in Spring,and she can talk about it).Long story short,the album can still work,and with some good promotion or even a potential re-release it could reach Gold certification.

P.S.:For me the biggest problem this era was the miserable MV that failed to generate positive reaction/hype for this era.The MTV VMA performance,was too little,too late and the Iheartradio performance has yet to air on national TV.I still believe that they should've released the album around this time,so she could have done promo in US/UK before the album release and not after.It appears sales are all about hype these days,and Britney had little less to none hype this era.

This. The album shouldve been hold to some where around these dates....it would've been a whole different story

13 hours ago, badunkahunk said:

yes hun. And so are you. Give Glory an honest listen. FABULOUS ALBUM. But is there a toxic on there? Make me? Slumber Party? Liar? Love Me Down? All good songs...but not the Grammy award winning, innovative, one of a kind global smash of toxic. Get real tbh 

tumblr_mhta4jvK431qfcx4to1_250.gif

13 hours ago, badunkahunk said:

yes hun. And so are you. Give Glory an honest listen. FABULOUS ALBUM. But is there a toxic on there? Make me? Slumber Party? Liar? Love Me Down? All good songs...but not the Grammy award winning, innovative, one of a kind global smash of toxic. Get real tbh 

Oh shut up. Toxic was not that populair at the beginning (before it smashed) fans said it was not Britney enough, to different blabla and then it SMASHED and everybody loved it.. If love me down, slumber party, better or liar would smash like that you Wouldn't even write this nonsense.. Because those songs are just as good.. To me a good song is a good song, smashed hit or not, and all songs on glory are good.. 

And my answer to this thread is, yes its Dead for now.. But it could be a walking Dead if they release a good 2nd single choise, awesome video, **** with dancing... 

And it could be allot better if she did mention glory on all those promo stuff she did the past few weeks.. 

So its still posible 

Honestly, you're all so damn dramatic

How is Glory supposed to do well at the moment? Make Me didn't smash, the video offers no repeat-appeal... Britney is promoting little other than herself and Vegas. She didn't mention Glory once on Jonathan Ross. WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A SECOND SINGLE and it's October 5th.

What's honestly pushing this album at the moment? The few low-profile UK interviews that actually mentioned the album? :weusay:

Second singles are always the "smash" hits of a record and give an album longevity outside of its initial debut.

Nobody's going to check for an album based off a flop single that was released 3 months ago

1 minute ago, Streets said:

Honestly, you're all so damn dramatic

How is Glory supposed to do well at the moment? Make Me didn't smash, the video offers no repeat-appeal... Britney is promoting little other than herself and Vegas. She didn't mention Glory once on Jonathan Ross. WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A SECOND SINGLE and it's October 5th.

What's honestly pushing this album at the moment? The few low-profile UK interviews that actually mentioned the album? :weusay:

Second singles are always the "smash" hits of a record and give an album longevity outside of its initial debut.

Nobody's going to check for an album based off a flop-isa single that was released 3 months ago

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Allmylife said:

What a disgustingly misogynsric tweet. You really had to throw britneys face and looks in there when she looks beyond beautiful as a reason her music isn't selling?

the reason is britney was majorly absent in 2013 which marked a huge shift in music consumption and the industry itself. Britney is playing catch up now and the only way for her to reach a younger audience is for her to continue to promote and have people know her. Whatever your dissatisfactions with Britney are doesn't mean that's what everyone thinks sweetheart.

Well, this isn't Twitter, but on topic - given Britney's image/*** appeal was part of the package her team put out when she hit the scene (BOMT in a school girl outfit and pigtails), yeah you better believe her looks are part of the problem.

She's changed her nose, her eyes, her lips, and genuinely looks like a soccer mom that tans too much more than the cute girl-next-door gymnast/**** dancer of days past.

Don't get me wrong, some days, she looks very cute like iHeart, but mostly she wears leotards that make her look pudgy, pulls unattractive faces, and doesn't even hire a proper makeup artist.  I'm all for naturalney - I'd rather she wear no makeup at all than the crap that ages her, but bad/too much plastic surgery will chip away at her appeal. 

16 hours ago, badunkahunk said:

Yeah double agreeing. I think I saw a thread asking if the producers behind slumber party were the new bloodshy and avant. I almost barfed. Almost every song on this album is based off of another relatively current song. I LOVE GLORY don't get me wrong - its so current. But "Toxic" could be released today or 5 years from now and still be fresh. That is the magic of B&A - combining seemingly wildly different influences (middle eastern bhangra, 60's surge guitar, electro pop) and fusing them into a seamless pop masterpiece. 

If Toxic was released today,most of us would complain that it's a Kylie Minogue reject,without even giving it a chance.

8 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

2007ney was 9 years ago. The last real hit she had was in 2012 with scream and shout, 4 years ago.:verycool:

I'm talking about the situation, her career was suppose to be over back then and the gp really hated her (the fans were the only ones feeling sorry for her) and then she succeed with gimme more... My point is, if she did it back then she can totally do it now and tomorrow

9 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I think Britney has lost her spark. She's watered down her routines, disappointing die-hard fans, and taken out heavy choreography altogether in favor of armography. Post breakdown, that was fine and acceptable because folks figured she'd need something easier. But seeing how healthy she is, it just comes across as lazy, uninspired, and talentless. If she doesn't sing and she doesn't dance, and her performances are mediocre at best, and all her noticeable facial features that made her cute and unique have been shaved off/botoxed to death, what exactly is her allure? A pretty, plastic-faced blonde who flails her arms around just doesn't cut it. I mean, that was basically her competition back in the day and look where they are now.

Glory didn't stand a chance, and I would argue it has nothing to do  with Piece of Me so much as Britney just isn't stepping up her routines and making them memorable as before. They're boring and one looks the same as every other. I mean, when the highlight of a performance is an assisted back walk-over, you know it's not a good day to be a Britney fan.  This Britney would never have made it back in the day and nostalgia will only keep her memory alive so long. By the GPs reaction, her star has already faded.

As a fan, your "constructive" criticism is even worse than her performance skills,however...You should work on that as well. <3

It is b/c of Vegas tbh... :smokney:

She is relevant around the world b/c of the major hits and all the iconic things she made in the past, not going to lie... :( if she doesn't do performances to that level then she will keep being relevant b/c of her legacy and that is it.

The GP and stans are now fooled by mirrors and smoke during performances just like Beyonka does, pre-recorded vocals, visual material and all that which is the new thing... Polemical videos just like Rihanna... people claims Britney isn't deep in her lyrics but c'mon Rihanna isn't deep nor Beyonka... pop nowadays is just a hot mess... And if Britney is aware of her sales rates then she should be interested in promote, bring attention to Glory just the way she earned the title of Princess of Pop, title that will remain with her always no matter what just like Michael Jackson, even he didn't did that much he was and still is named as the King of Pop.

:brityawning: Anyways I really love Britney... let's just see what happens :tehe:

Archived