To those who never grew up with Britney OR newer fans...

Guest StrawberryKisses

Guest StrawberryKisses

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bc/36/25/bc3625c9de0ffdcb76f78ef613b1d746.jpghttp://67.media.tumblr.com/f76c34be5c17b381fb7098b0ad2c7c62/tumblr_n6eoutRgI21rivnbco1_500.pnghttp://eil.com/images/main/Britney+Spears+CD+Holder+Concert+Light++Glitt+330819.jpg  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H8lfXcEVA04/T-oSSsbZ2jI/AAAAAAAABCI/K6Dl1cTyb4I/s1600/britmjs1999.jpg   

A) You missed out on a lot

B) What is your opinion on her earlier work? Do you find it cheesy? Do you ignore it? What do you think of early Britney?

Just curious to compare my experiences to yours!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

Even if I was not a fan yet, I kinda grew up with her... Oops reminds me of my childhood

Almost all the girls aged 5 to 15 (in 2000) grew up with her...we're the Britney generation, she was the biggest thing on earth :yaknow: Britney had a huge influence on the early 2000's, and on kids of that time too.

20 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bc/36/25/bc3625c9de0ffdcb76f78ef613b1d746.jpghttp://67.media.tumblr.com/f76c34be5c17b381fb7098b0ad2c7c62/tumblr_n6eoutRgI21rivnbco1_500.pnghttp://eil.com/images/main/Britney+Spears+CD+Holder+Concert+Light++Glitt+330819.jpg  http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H8lfXcEVA04/T-oSSsbZ2jI/AAAAAAAABCI/K6Dl1cTyb4I/s1600/britmjs1999.jpg   

A) You missed out on a lot

B) What is your opinion on her earlier work? Do you find it cheesy? Do you ignore it? What do you think of early Britney?

Just curious to compare my experiences to yours!

I'm one of the younger members of exhale, though I can't speak for everyone because I feel like a 60 year old on the inside :jackk:

So I did not grow up with the start of Britney's career. That aside I do love most of her earlier work. It's not as good as ITZ, Blackout, Circus, or Glory but it's better than BJ.

BOMT has fun songs with amazing vocals. I don't really pay attention to lyrics the first time I hear a song, but after a while some of them are so cheesy that I think they are the reason I am lactose intolerant (i.e. E-mail My Heart, FTBOMBH) :orangu:

OIDIA has some beautiful songs (Where Are You Now, DLMBTLTK), some pop classics (OIDIA, Stronger, Lucky, Don't Go Knocking On My Door, Can't Make You Love Me, What U See is What U Get), and some cheesy songs that I don't really mind (Heart, Dear Diary, Girl In The Mirror, One Kiss From You)

And last but not least, Britney is a great album, at least in my opinion. This is where her music started maturing and what gave her the extra push for icon status with 2003's ITZ. Unfortunately, the nasal vocals are a bit of a turn-off in some songs where she basically turns into Betty Boop like Anticipating and Bombastic Love.

I was born in '98 so I dont remember much but I do remember seeing all of her first era photos EVERYWHERE and been a fan since

And yes I find it kinda cheesy but when I listen to her first two albums they bring me back to my childhood and I remember being so into those albums:hype:

37 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/f76c34be5c17b381fb7098b0ad2c7c62/tumblr_n6eoutRgI21rivnbco1_500.png

Is it bad that I kinda see neyde here? :lustney:

I was starting high school when she came out so it wasn't really "cool" to like her at all haha. I didn't care though. Her songs were cheesy, but they were supposed to be. They were made for teens. And it WORKED!
I think it's been so long that it's easy to forget how HUGE she was. She was absolutely everywhere. Every punchline on talk shows or sitcoms (good intended or bad) were always about her. I can remember everybody and their brother incessantly talking about her "**** job" and "virginity" - it got so old haha. The fashion trends that she influenced, etc. Yeah, girls wore belly shirts before Britney but she really brought it back to the mainstream, along with low-rise jeans...you get the idea.
She absolutely transcended pop music and took everything to a completely different level. Regardless of how you perceive her popularity today, back then it was undeniable. I'm not just saying this as a fan, but i legitimately have failed to see another pop star do that (just my opinion). I guess because she was the one to bring teen pop back to the forefront but damn if she didn't do it with full force. And that's something cemented in pop culture history.

International fan here.Every girl wanted to be Britney and every boy was in love with her since the beginning.Ha impact was real in the whole world.:crying1:

We used to try to dance like Britney during the school breaks or the playtime.OIDIA was our hymn.

I shouldn't answer cause I'm not a new fan and I grew up with Britney but I coudn't resist.

I didn't grow up with from the start of her career as I was born in 2002 but I did in a way grow up with her. One of my earliest memories is listing to Circus (song) and later on the singles from FF. I also remember my older sister giving me updates on her in 07/08 even tho I didn't understand what was going on at the time. But I think thats the great thing about Britney is that even if you were born in the early 2000s you still have some sort of a memory of her/her music. I love her older stuff a lot. I don't think its cheesy as it reflected on where she was in her life and also the year it was released. I think she was just full of life, sweet, and naive (like everyone was when they were younger), and as the years went by more confident and outgoing/grown up. (She still is all those things but like I said more grown up/knowledgeable). I think her music back was awesome (better than BJ) but Glory is fantastic as well. 

My bird named Sparkles was a huge fan of her too. She sang BOMT all the time and learned to say her name after the 2003 VMAs when someone in my family forgot to turn off the TV and it was on all day she eventually stared to say it all the time. She was such a flawless stan:gobaby: she passed away in 2008 around the time Britney released Circus:kidcries:

Anyways enough with my rant RIP Sparkles you flawless stan you'd be so proud of Britney right now:crying1:

of course I love bubblegum Britney! this music is so fun and simple...I'm into rock mostly but damn, I still listen to NSYNC sometimes
and I don't understand when fans say that they don't care about her first 3 albums
OIDIA is a pop perfection, not to like "Britney" is a crime...BOMT has amazing singles and the rest is cute too, I will be there is fire!! 

I was born in 2000 my earliest memory her was watching the cartoon movie robots and bomt came on and the robots started dancing. 5 yearold me went crazy and i feel in love with that scene and song without knowing who brit was. Then when i was like 7 i remeber watching i think it was tmz and i saw this lady with a pink wig and my aunt said she is crazy and shaved her head, then when i was like 9 she perfomed on tv and i ask my mom how her hair grew back lol. Then when i was 10 i heard bomt on the radio and i then finally saw the video and i was hooked and i was trying so hard to spin and kick like her and i remebr  watching tv and saw the ad for twister remix and she was on it, at 12  i saw her oops vma perfomace and was shook then i watch xfactor alot and i saw her as a judge there , but it wasnt till iwas 14 and i saw her E! Special that i found out about her and then i started watching and listening to all her old stuff and i fell in love with her and oops and bomt are good but my fave primeney album is 'britney' i wish i didnt miss out on her but now i can watch her in all her glory... Sorry this is so long

41 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

I grew up listening to her music as I watched way more music videos than cartoons, I was literally addicted to MTV. But I became a fan in early 2002. Great memories, good times

Same. People think it's weird or don't even believe me when I tell them I watched the BOMT or Oops videos on MTV when I was a child, but I had a TV in my room since i was like born and my older brother would put on MTV for me. 

Well I was born in the year 2000, I wasn't even alive during the debut :girlfall:

Oops and Britney are my two favourite Britney albums ever :lessons:

I became a fan in 2014, so it's pretty recent and I missed a LOT :girlfall:

But early Britney is my favourite, I kind of block-out anything 2008-2015 because that's a mess we don't speak of :rude2me:

FFT and the first two years of POM are the reason I have vision problems and wear glasses :shameless:

But I am so upset that I missed Britney when she has a god-like status :donewithit:

I was only 4 when she released Toxic, and only 7 when she had her breakdown, I vividly remember being in a grocery store with my mom and seeing a bunch of magazines with baldney on the cover and looking to my mom saying "What happened to Britney?" :ohnoney: My earliest memory of her was dancing to Toxic with my older sister back in like 2006 :verycool:

2016ney is killing it and Glory is the best pop album of 2016 but nothing compares to 2000ney or ITZney :verycool:

I can't help my age, and I'm thankful for currentney, but nothing beats early Britney :girlfall:

The entire reason I started stanning her is because I found my older sisters Britney (the album) and In The Zone CD's and decided to give them a listen, I was hooked ever since. Britney Jean was the first Britney album I ever listened to and bought, I loved the album but her early work is what really solidified me as a stan. I travelled to Vegas from Canada to see her on my 16th birthday this summer :girlfall:

Archived