Since when did you started stanning for Brit?

Stifler's Mom

Since when did you started stanning for Brit?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, Nebulosa said:

Oh twins!! :idkney: I never liked Britney before, I thought she was just dumb and too mainstream, too perfect, didn't interest me. After Blackout and all that mess I saw her humanity and weaknesses and I started following her and cheering for her. Plus Blackout music was amazing and fresh, so new!

Still to this day, when she says "Danja" in Get Back, and the voice effect they do in Piece of me when she says "Get on" slays me 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I became a big fan in 2013 a few weeks before Britney released the "I Am Britney Jean" documentary on MTV. 

3 and Womanizer were some of my favorite songs when I was 10, I had one of those little iPod's that were just buttons and not touch, and I only had like 10 songs on it because I didn't know how to put new ones on it. 

I had FF though because TTWE was my favorite song the summer of 2011 so I got the album but forgot about Britney until 2013 when I saw the commercial for "I Am Britney Jean" on MTV and I got all her albums in between that time, and was hyped for BJ. I even loved BJ the first year because I never touched the forums, I stayed on the twitter side and never even followed a Britney Stan. 

Before Pretty Girls I became a full stan and I actually started going through a different Britney site(idk which one, it wasn't galaxy because people were posting more then once a day)

When the revamp started coming about and B9 was official(her tweeting #B9) I actually was on that website everyday but I didn't like the way the site was organized so I found exhale around January and didn't do anything but read for a few months. 

Well i'm 23 almost 24 in about a month. I knew of Britney since my elementary school days mainly just her big hits like BOMT, OIDIA ,Stronger, Slave, Everytime and Toxic. Wasn't till the Blackout that I really started getting into her. I know it was her craziest times during those days but there was just something so alluring and mysterious about her I couldn't stop paying attention to her. Still remember the first time I listened to Blackout and was just slayed by the whole album I was like now this is good music!:feelingmyself: 

It inspired me to spend a ton of time on youtube and other various sites looking at old interviews and all her iconic performances  and tours educating myself on the Legendary Miss.Britney Spears:rihclap:

I was also struggling with coming to terms with my sexuality back then and I always credit Britney and her music/performances for helping me get through that:verycool:

I remember being shy to admit I liked her at first because it wasn't seen as "cool" to like her especially during her breakdown but ironically it was my straight younger brother:moorangu: who doesn't have a care in the world about what people think of the music he likes which he likes a variety of different music that in the end encouraged me to be proud to love who I like and that Britney made good jams so what's there to be ashamed of for liking good stuff? and i'm thinking to myself 'slay little bro, the young shall indeed lead the way!" haha

Then seeing her get back on top during Circus and Femme Fatale really made me happy and is what made her one of my inspirations as well because she's living proof you can reach the lowest of the lows and come back stronger than yesterday:mcry:

I could go on all day about things I love about Britney but then this would turn into an online book lol One last thing I will say for now is I love how even though she's one of the biggest pop stars in the world she never had this big diva attitude and always remained sweet and humble and if she does have a problem with any of her peers she keeps it to herself like the true Queen she is and doesn't publicly badmouth anyone:)

Also a random memory but during the Femme Fatale era for my Senior One Acts in theater I had songs from the album played in the background during certain parts. As my humble duty as a fan I had to make sure my high school was slayed by ha music before I graduated i:uknowit:

21 minutes ago, TripInTheZone said:

Mine was around femme fatale/Xfactor :saycheese:

But as a kid I would watch her toxic video in 2007. 

I lowkey thought it was **** so i always turned it off when ever i heard footsteps :shameless:

actually when I was in the closet, I still remember telling my straight friends I had a naked video of her, and it was toxic :orangu:

Since late 1999, the 1st MV I saw was Crazy and she left me literally "SPEECHLESS" she had so much energy, her dancing was great, the song was so catchy, her look was very cool and her smile was pure perfection. I was 7 and I didn't have Internet as we do have now so I started collecting random magazines and posters because I was a child so I couldn't buy (by myself) Britney material. 

In 1999 on Christmas my parents bought me the BOMT album (the white one) and it was gold for me, I instantly loved "I will be there". I remember I used to record some MV with a home-camera (ahahahaha i know but it was the 00's) so I could re-watch them. :quirkney: Top 10 rankings was such a 00's thing, MTV the main one.  

The Britney era was the climax because she came to my country (Mexico) and she was everywhere, I was that one kid at school when someone talks or plaed Britney's music looked at me, it got me so so so nervous :blurp:

The ITZ era was like: WTF???!!! I loved that era because everything was so unpredictable, everyday there were news, photos or something about Britney and when she announced she was taking a break I almost cried but the wait from 04 to 07 seemed eternal.

Her 2007 era was just so sad, sometimes I got to cry because I thought she was gonna die, at the time many young celebrities were dying (Amy Winehouse & Heath Ledger) and I thought she was following her steps. I honestly believed she could still make good music but everyone gave up on her, no one cared about her music, everything was about her problems, the custody, **** tests, paparazzi, wild rides. 

When she released Blackout, no one noticed it, the peak of her dark era was when she was taken to the hospital. I woke up one January morning I turned my t.v. and I saw on the news she was taken to be hospitalized because she was under medication abuse and I cried, I said to myself: "this is it, no one can make anything for her, not even herself, she's totally lost", that picture of her on the ambulance was terrific, I couldn't handle to watch it. Then, during that day I saw the news like 11 times from different t.v. channels. :kidcries: :crying1:

When it was announced her father was gonna be in charge of her I had no hope because I thought it was gonna be only temporary and she was gonna be in trouble again, then it started getting better, I saw her on vacation, with her kids again and she seemed good. Then we knew she was working on a new album so my expectations went from deeper than hell to higher than heaven. Back in the day, you literally could check her daily schedule, thanks to the paparazzi, there were photos of her doing the most ordinary things like buying a coffee. She started looking in shape and I was so excited for the new era. 

When I saw Womanizer for the 1st time I felt so so so ******* proud of her :crying11: then she broke the record to go from #96 stright to #1 and it was all over the news :o I couldn't be more proud of her. No one trust she could make it, she was basically dead (for some of them it was just kind of waiting to happen). That's the moment when I used to spam my Facebook timeline with Britney posts and express how proud I was of her and such an inspiration she meant to me. When FTR premiered I cried, I got my family and friends to watch it because I needed to clean her image the bad press made of her. 

The FF era was great because of her music videos, all of them are great. I used to dance to HIAM and TTWE. :makesomenoise:

The BJ era well, we had Work *****, I loved the album tho but the hype was so quick like from Oct - December. :awkblink:

I try to convince myself Ugly Boyz never happened. :ehno:

Glory era - she has a good album (not my favorite but it has great songs) but what I enjoy the most, is that it finally feels like she actually wants to do this. 

Sorry guys, it was too much. :woopsie: 

Instant fan from 1999. Became devoted stan during 2007. I was, myself, going through a dark period in my life and I could easily relate. Seeing her coping with all this mess and stepping on stage again 2008/2009, it was a huuuge motivation. :likethat:

So - loved her music/videos/performances ever since the beginning. Developed a personal interest around 2007 (I've raised questions like - who is the PERSON behind the superstar) :tbh:

Archived