Watch Britney Spears Perform At The iHeartRadio Music Festival

Jordan Miller

7 minutes ago, Zephyr. said:

Come to the dark side and make Madonna that fav.

Seriously, 30 years into her career and she still is keeping it innovative...why can't Britney?

I was watching some of the Confessions Tour performances on youtube a few days ago and she won me over. If you're into female pop artists you've always gotta respect Madonna, but I never necessarily counted myself as a fan. But that entire tour was incredible - the energy, the singing, the audience interaction - at age 47, 2 decades into her career, it's clear she still had the passion and hunger to do better and enhance her career and legacy (and she still does today). Probably the greatest performances I've ever seen by a female pop performer.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

My boyfriend actually made that point last night when I got him to watch Britney's performance. He said, "Why can't she be like Madonna? She's older than dirt, but still performing like she wants a medal." XD 

Madonna was my first fav. I haven't kept up with her stuff since she collab ed with Justin Trousersnake for Minutes. I was stanning for Britney too, so I didn't want to promote anything with the JT ***** in it. 

But maybe it is time to forgive and forget and get back on the Madonna wagon. At least she is the Queen for a reason.

I never left the Madonna bandwagon.

I saw her Rebel Heart tour a year ago and it knocked my socks off! She still gives her all, on everything she does.

1 minute ago, Zephyr. said:

I really don't understand how any fans of any artist can bash Madonna...like no one has set the bar higher...excuse me, but no one has even come close to the Blond Ambition Tour, the Drowned World Tour, the Confessions Tour, the MDNA Tour...the list goes on. If the best insult they have for Madonna is she's "old", then that's saying something...because ***** is the only artist EVER to still be relevant and selling current music this late in her career. It's astonishing. You know she could get another #1 tomorrow if she worked overtime for it.

Exactly, like she basically made pop music tbh and has hits for every decade since she started. No one can ever be as iconic and be as much of an influence as her 

4 hours ago, fatal.attraction said:

MY GOD i had no words while i was watching the performance she didnt ******* STOPP not oncee

she literally ***** the ******* stage

I genuinely want to know if we watched the same thing? Im not trying to bash you, honestly... I just don't understand how you can say that she ***** the stage?

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

you ******* *****, so 3 people complaining about that performance means all of exhale? loling :NYsassy:

151 pages in 12 hours all by 3 people.. NOT COMPLAINING? :OMGney: How amazing, how innovative, how talented! I must get tips from this iconic trio. :gimmemoar:

3 minutes ago, Style. said:

bet he's gay or at least bi :idkney:

I guarantee you he eats ***. Or will once he meets me. ;)

5 minutes ago, david lachapelle said:

i hope you realize i'm not bashing her at all... i'm not a hater.

i'm just telling the truth, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand she needs to step up her performances big time. i'm tired, i'm not gonna sit here and call it an "amazing performance" just because she "looks hot" or whatever. 

I never said you are. I was just backing up my post when I said they sound like exhalers and they accused me of lying. It's your opinion and I respect it. 

Just now, PieceofBritney said:

Why does Taylor sound like that? :omg:

BECAUSE SHE CANT SING IN DIRECT

as any pop stars, but the GP is very false, Katy, Taylor, Selena DONT SINGING LIVE WELL. But they cannot do playback because THEY DONT DANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Britney is not the same person/performen. She wanna have fun on stage, she doesn't want to be iconic, a legend or an artist. Even on interviews, I love 2016Ney attitude, but from an artist I need to know his life, his problems, dark times, his way of seeing the world.. not just "yeah, my babies are cool, I love Pokemon Go, Las Vegas is cool...".

I love her and I really wanna meet her because she helped me a lot in the past but i'm growing and I need something more.

1. SHE LOOKED AMAZING!!! Whoever designed that outfit needs to do all her tour outfits.. so gorgeous!  Her hair was really **** too!  Those semi-pinktails made her look so kinky and hot!  She did seem a bit nervous/tired though, which affected her energy.

2. I REALLY didn't like how they did not blend the songs together or didn't do pre-recorded vocals.  It was really awkward.

3. That Missy break was all sorts of awkward... like no one knew what they were doing.

4. The song selection was meh... I really wish they at least included one more Glory track instead of that Missy break.

5. That ending was really awkward too... like he was reaching for her, but she was not feeling it.. and then she literally couldn't wait to get off the stage.

I really miss the days where all her televised performances were unique and not just re-hashed from the tour.  I hope her team realizes that. :embarrassney:

The shameless playback is cringeworthy at this point of her career. Not even us as fans can accept the fact that she is lip syncin to 18 year old vocals on stage, why GP would give her a free pass? Britney is an easy target, she always was. 

I don't understand why is so difficult for her and her team to prerecord some vocals. Even during FFT we thought that she was actually singing live when it was only prerecorded vocals playing. Beyoncé uses it during her shows. Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and the list goes on...

Britney will ALWAYS be criticized, trust me. But it's not like she is trying to at least avoid some criticism. :nyschool:

2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I'm pretty sure that if she performs anywhere in Vegas she has to do songs that are part of the POM show per her contract with PH because before she wasn't even allowed to perform anywhere else in Vegas so now I'm sure PH's stipulations are it must be POM related. If iHeart had taken place in LA I think she would've done at least 1 more Glory track.

This is an honest question (I know the album wasn't out then...) were the BBMA in Vegas? I honestly can't remember...

also... if that is the case... would that not apply to the Apple Music Festival in the UK?

On 9/25/2016 at 11:39 AM, xBritneyFan19x said:

I was watching some of the Confessions Tour performances on youtube a few days ago and she won me over. If you're into female pop artists you've always gotta respect Madonna, but I never necessarily counted myself as a fan. But that entire tour was incredible - the energy, the singing, the audience interaction - at age 47, 2 decades into her career, it's clear she still had the passion and hunger to do better and enhance her career and legacy (and she still does today). Probably the greatest performances I've ever seen by a female pop performer.

Just now, Steel_Magnolia said:

I never left the Madonna bandwagon.

I saw her Rebel Heart tour a year ago and it knocked my socks off! She still gives her all, on everything she does.

Her Rebel Heart tour really was amazing :feelingmyself: Even just the intro with Iconic had me GAGGING, it was fierce AF and it was just the first few minutes of the tour. She always delivers artistically tbh 

I don't think I can ever let Britney go.

I've just recently gotten out of my delusion that old Britney will come back one day.

When Make Me MV was released, that's when I realised that "old Britney", you know, the Britney who kissed Madonna and slithered around the stage with a snake, the Britney who married her childhood friend in Vegas and divorced him 2 days later and didn't give a single **** what anyone said, the Britney who put a 110% on EVERY performance no matter how big or small the venue was, that old Britney is never coming back.

She will just do it to have fun and not to make impact or please people's wants. She'll cut videos to pieces if she doesn't like it, she'll cancel appearances if she doesn't feel like going out, and she'll rinse and reuse her routines until she gets tired of them. She'll do her thing, however and whenever she wants to. If she wants to promote, she will. If not, she will go to Hawaii.

I love her with all my everything. Whatever she gives, I'll take. That's how it works now.

The sooner you learn to accept that, the better for you. She will not bend over backwards for anyone anymore except her kids, YOU have to be the one to cave in and mold into her new "self"

If you can't accept that she'll never be fully out there again ever, then I think it's perfectly fine to "leave" her as a fan. You have the right to do or say whatever you want. 

People will give you **** for this tho just so you know :moorangu:

51 minutes ago, sjok said:

No they did not say her face is old.

No they did not say she lip synced to a 10 year old track.

And no, they didn't get to even say she didn't dance more than 30 seconds in a track.

They did flame her for being too ****** back then and also called her talentless but all those were pretty much baseless. Now though... :nydisgust:

true...but they still called her a robot like nowadays 

Spoiler
A mechanical pop robot; basically a puppet; a *****; a talentless pop star who thinks that showing skin increases record sales (Amy Lee is determined to help prove that false).
Guy #1: Did you hear about what Amy Lee said about Britney Spears? 
Guy #2: Yeah, she was right!

by Mastermind3598 June 19, 2004

:tifftear:

Archived